"Once Upon a One More Time" Musical

Jean-Philippe

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Most people complaining have no idea what a Broadway show is! You DO get this play will be for the GP, not only her fans right? :orangu:

Watch this become a Broadway hit and a trend for other pop artists getting their own musicals :whatitellu:

No, they don't, or they don't care. You know how self concerned this fanbase is. Its not new music, so they don't care.

10 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

I just can't :orangu: Have u ever seen a broadway show?! They're musical stories with impressive productions, talent & magic! How can you want this to flop? Britney has nothing to do with this, she only approves it or not!  There's a huge production company behind it, and they're in charge of every detail :orangu:

"Random actors singing her songs" I just can't with all the ignorance here :airpls:

Yeah -- I'm very dumbfounded with how much ignorance about what a Broadway musical is here. LOL

They will be all about it once it opens though, watch. 

18 hours ago, canceledshow said:

it's going to be a NO from me :ehno:

First of all, this broadways show is like Peace of me tour without Britney and her involmenet.:pensiveney:

it's probbly the same old songs she's been performing for the last five years.:overwhelm:

I'm sorry but I've been listening BOMT for the last two decades with the same vocals and hearing it from some unknown talented girl, it's not going to make me spend money again :sobbing:

I mean, if you want a good Broadway show than go check "I, Tina!" it's Tina Turner's musical about her life, she had some creative output and they are using her songs to tell a story.

I don't get nor understand why her team is lazy and greedy. 

what's next, 20 years of hits compilation album (vol. 8 cause girl has more greatest hits and remix albums than the originals)

:pieceofwhat:

but if this means we get to see Britney on red carpet premiere :bpout:for 10 seconds and hearing

"I'm very excited, this girl and the guy in the play are just amazing" :ipass: I'm here for it <3

She saw a screening in person, so I'm sure it must have minimal involvement from her and her team.

I can’t stand the ppl that think their better fans because they would be alright with Britney spitting on them. Have some self respect. 

When things are good we all come together and support (MP, BBMA, SP MV) When things are just for quick money or bad of course we will say ****. 

For all I know this broadway show could be done great but that doesn’t mean I’m happy about it. I’m personally exhausted by the milking of her legacy. 

You cant complain about fans that wish for old Britney but that is all her team relies on. It goes both ways. 

1 hour ago, GingerMike said:

So normally by this stage in a musical there would have been leaked workshop recordings of the soundtrack. Has anybody head anything??? Would love to hear something!

All I know there's been some huge buzz in the Broadway community about this play, and auditions are set to be happening soon. It's a musical so everything is kept under many keys but once the rehearsals begin I guess some info will leak. :pleaseshhh:

16 hours ago, nels64 said:

I just think something like this isn’t milking her. Idk Vegas is something I was never really a fan of and continue not to be a huge fan of because it is lazy. It is milking her legacy. It adds nothing new, it does nothing to her legacy but make it stale. 

Am I happy that it kind of made her “a legend”? Am I happy that she started a trend everyone else is now following?Yes!

I don’t think a play is milking her legacy in the same way. Idk plenty of artists have done it and some more successful than others (Mamma Mia). I think it’s a great idea especially if it does well. It would solidfy her status for generations to come. I can only see this as a positive career move.

Now if they do this and then she stops coming out with new music and relys solely on this play for money then yes I would agree with you.

But she has had an input on the story. It feels very quintessentially Britney from what we’ve heard. She’s bringing her artistry to the table in other forms and this could very well inform her music.

I think hating on this right out the gate is jumping to a lot of conclusions and being pretty pessimistic. Also from the looks of it, the production company could have even sought HER out thinking her discography would be great for an original story.

It also sounds like this is targeted towards everyone and not just Britney Spears fans or 90s kids. But we’ll have to wait and see.  

I’m the opposite. If Britney would have retired I think I would be more on board with the legacy stuff. 

As far as we know and have known she is still gonna work so it bothers me they only focus on stuff Britney is barely involved in or stuff that she once worked hard on and in the mean time not caring about her new music. 

Britney as an artist is so disconnected to even her old music now it’s really hard to deal with for me. I’m sure others too which is why most stuff these days is met with negativity. The thing that gets me is they can do better. 

I don’t understand why they don’t so that is why I think most stuff is a milk. 

18 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

It will! Broadway's been all about pop culture in recent years so it is a very smart move from this musical company :gerlwat:

I read a little more about it and I'm happy to hear that it's also going to have choreography and also seems very dance-centric (they've hired some pretty cool choreographers), which is very Britney. 

Archived