Report: Britney Spears To Continue Performing In Las Vegas In 2018

Jordan Miller

14 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

Even to say we "might" do another one means to me she isn't over the idea of being in Vegas. She's probably just tired of her current setup and want to take a break and do other things and come back, especially because she keeps saying how much she loves Vegas. It just seems obvious to me

someone intelligent finally :smokney2:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think she would be done with Vegas completely and I'm sure it's not going to happen right away. I think what he's saying is that she will eventually come back. I think (hoping) this time, though, they consider her other projects and schedule them out with proper amount of time to promote it and everything. Especially after seeing how the previous two albums went with her Vegas schedule. 

She barley works and when she does she half ***** it. Her boys are in school and she shares custody with Kevin so she doesnt even have the "mom" excuse. 

I think we would all be ok with her not touring again if she gave her fans something worthwhile. Like just do 1 big show a year (like the ABC special, make it spectacular and release it on DVD) She could do an Acoustic Set, A show with collabs, a Christmas special, a greatest hits show and shows for every single album going forward) 1 show a year with great production and quality. thats it. She wouldnt have to travel the world. Make it into this giant event. Make it like the VMAs used to be, people wanting to see her because you KNEW she was going to deliver. At the moment you go to her shows hoping that she has a good day because 5 nights out of ten she half *****, 3 nights out of ten she is ok and the other 2 nights she just out right sucks. QUALITY we want quality and passion.

Glory was a good album and she did nothing with it. She went around to promote it but never mentioned it and only performed Make Me.

She works less in a year than some do in a month... and she is only in her 30ies.  She isnt like Madonna who has worked her *** off for 60 years. Her peak, the hardest she has worked lasted 5 years. Thats it. After that she took a mom break and when she came back had a very easy scedule (especially compared with before)

I think most of us are ok with her lipsynicing but would prefer it if she at least tried to fool us with pre recorded voclasl but nooo...She thinks her fans are idiots who cant tell that she is lipsyncing to vocals from 1998 and then has the audacity to demand respect for her live singing.

She didnt get hurt because she was on top she got hurt because of poor life choices. She even said in For the Record that the business didnt hurt her it was personal stuff. She chose to cheat on Justin, She chose the shotgun wedding, she released Chaotic, She is the one who showed up at the VMAs unprepared looking drunk and bloated, she was the one who invited the paparazzi to take pictures of her and Kevin, she was the one who acted bizarr in front of the paparazzi KNOWING that that would make them a **** ton of money and then atrackt even more of them. Thats why they leave her alone now.. she is boring and doesnt make them money. Simple as that. She stoped acting erratic and they left her alone. Im sure even she realizes that. I dont understand why everyone here is always trying to make her this poor victim who didnt know what she was doing and then say that she is smart. If she is smart, then she realized that going out with Paris and Linsay, shaving your head (and making sure the blinds are open so the paparazzi can take pics) and some of the other **** she pulled  - would attrackt more paparazzi.

5 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Doing one thing doesn't mean leaving behind the other. Of course, her personal life comes first but it's not like we want her to be touring, promoting and going everywhere the 365 days year by year.

The real issue is that she doesn't give her 100%, she doesn't care about her own stuff and there is almost no feedback from her. I wouldn't mind if she stays in Vegas forever as long as she would talk about her albums, music, lyrics, dancing, rehearsals, recording,  writing songs, those type of things we need to be fed with, I don't ***** care if Sean and Jayden like pokemon or not. I want to know about her ARTISTRY, about her personal life she can get whatever celebrity magazine and talk about it.  

Every era (post breakdown) is the freaking same :lessons: the music is out, she goes one or two places, and that's it. It's not about QUANTITY, it's about QUALITY, she could do only 1 interview per era but really talk about the album instead of answering those stupid questions about what's her favorite color. :wyd: who cares about that? 

:urite::urite:

1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

She barley works and when she does she half ***** it. Her boys are in school and she shares custody with Kevin so she doesnt even have the "mom" excuse. 

I think we would all be ok with her not touring again if she gave her fans something worthwhile. Like just do 1 big show a year (like the ABC special, make it spectacular and release it on DVD) She could do an Acoustic Set, A show with collabs, a Christmas special, a greatest hits show and shows for every single album going forward) 1 show a year with great production and quality. thats it. She wouldnt have to travel the world. Make it into this giant event. Make it like the VMAs used to be, people wanting to see her because you KNEW she was going to deliver. At the moment you go to her shows hoping that she has a good day because 5 nights out of ten she half *****, 3 nights out of ten she is ok and the other 2 nights she just out right sucks. QUALITY we want quality and passion.

Glory was a good album and she did nothing with it. She went around to promote it but never mentioned it and only performed Make Me.

She works less in a year than some do in a month... and she is only in her 30ies.  She isnt like Madonna who has worked her *** off for 60 years. Her peak, the hardest she has worked lasted 5 years. Thats it. After that she took a mom break and when she came back had a very easy scedule (especially compared with before)

I think most of us are ok with her lipsynicing but would prefer it if she at least tried to fool us with pre recorded voclasl but nooo...She thinks her fans are idiots who cant tell that she is lipsyncing to vocals from 1998 and then has the audacity to demand respect for her live singing.

She didnt get hurt because she was on top she got hurt because of poor life choices. She even said in For the Record that the business didnt hurt her it was personal stuff. She chose to cheat on Justin, She chose the shotgun wedding, she released Chaotic, She is the one who showed up at the VMAs unprepared looking drunk and bloated, she was the one who invited the paparazzi to take pictures of her and Kevin, she was the one who acted bizarr in front of the paparazzi KNOWING that that would make them a **** ton of money and then atrackt even more of them. Thats why they leave her alone now.. she is boring and doesnt make them money. Simple as that. She stoped acting erratic and they left her alone. Im sure even she realizes that. I dont understand why everyone here is always trying to make her this poor victim who didnt know what she was doing and then say that she is smart. If she is smart, then she realized that going out with Paris and Linsay, shaving your head (and making sure the blinds are open so the paparazzi can take pics) and some of the other **** she pulled  - would attrackt more paparazzi.

Madonna's first national television appearance: 1984

Britney Spears' first national television appearance: 1992

Don't act like Britney started working in  1999 or garbage like that.

That said, most of what people are saying about her work ethic in the 2010s is obviously correct.  

But you people keep forgetting that she got extreme fame at an early age, unlike Madonna (you brought up For The Record, which Madonna admitted as much)  and unlike Beyonce (Destiny's Child and Britney herself protected Beyonce from media scrutiny for a whole decade) so that's where those mistakes came from.

59 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

This. 

Also worded great 

Honestly I can't understand how we couldn't be here for this for her sake. It clearly makes her happy, she still gets to perform, she can obviously tour a little if she feels like it, and she's close to her kids on the days they aren't with her, Anyone who actually gives a **** about Britney the human being would be here for this. Honestly the people here whining about how they won't stan for britney anymore if she stays in vegas have got to be like 11 years old. 

Whatever happens I'm with Britney because she's one of the most genuine souls out there and you can't get better than that 

6 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Doing one thing doesn't mean leaving behind the other. Of course, her personal life comes first but it's not like we want her to be touring, promoting and going everywhere the 365 days year by year.

The real issue is that she doesn't give her 100%, she doesn't care about her own stuff and there is almost no feedback from her. I wouldn't mind if she stays in Vegas forever as long as she would talk about her albums, music, lyrics, dancing, rehearsals, recording,  writing songs, those type of things we need to be fed with, I don't ***** care if Sean and Jayden like pokemon or not. I want to know about her ARTISTRY, about her personal life she can get whatever celebrity magazine and talk about it.  

Every era (post breakdown) is the freaking same :lessons: the music is out, she goes one or two places, and that's it. It's not about QUANTITY, it's about QUALITY, she could do only 1 interview per era but really talk about the album instead of answering those stupid questions about what's her favorite color. :wyd: who cares about that? 

THIS! Or (and I hate comparing other girls) but if she hates interviews so much, do what Beyonce does and make the art the "interview". Beyonce doesn't do promo or interviews ever. Never walks the red carpet to be interviewed, doesn't do radio, talk shows, etc. and yet the fans of hers always know her inspiration or what she's thinking about her work. And it doesn't seem like she's ever missing months with her husband and daughter. The mom excuse is just weird because she doesn't even seem to care about her work at all. Why not give us a behind the scene IG video of the studio process? Or the writing process? :-/

18 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

THIS! Or (and I hate comparing other girls) but if she hates interviews so much, do what Beyonce does and make the art the "interview". Beyonce doesn't do promo or interviews ever. Never walks the red carpet to be interviewed, doesn't do radio, talk shows, etc. and yet the fans of hers always know her inspiration or what she's thinking about her work. And it doesn't seem like she's ever missing months with her husband and daughter. The mom excuse is just weird because she doesn't even seem to care about her work at all. Why not give us a behind the scene IG video of the studio process? Or the writing process? :-/

Instead we get Sam and Gymney. She could start her own gym and she would be ten times more passionate about it than her own music. It seems to feel like tbh

I like knowing her private life but that is all she is using and her body. Like you are more than that Britney 

1 hour ago, zxcvb said:

Madonna's first national television appearance: 1984

Britney Spears' first national television appearance: 1992

Don't act like Britney started working in  1999 or garbage like that.

That said, most of what people are saying about her work ethic in the 2010s is obviously correct.  

But you people keep forgetting that she got extreme fame at an early age, unlike Madonna (you brought up For The Record, which Madonna admitted as much)  and unlike Beyonce (Destiny's Child and Britney herself protected Beyonce from media scrutiny for a whole decade) so that's where those mistakes came from.

I was being sarcastic when I said 60 years

first TV appearance and actually working hard are not the same thing

I dont care why she made those mistakes or that she made them. My point is that She made them so ultimatley she is responsible and has to live with the consequenses. There are plenty of young stars who didnt end up the way she did. (Pink, Ryan Gosling,  Leonardo DiCaprio, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce,  Hilary Duff, Emma Watson, Dakota Fanning, Anna Paquin, ..)

3 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I was being sarcastic when I said 60 years

first TV appearance and actually working hard are not the same thing

I dont care why she made those mistakes or that she made them. My point is that She made them so ultimatley she is responsible and has to live with the consequenses. There are plenty of young stars who didnt end up the way she did. (Pink, Ryan Gosling,  Leonardo DiCaprio, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce,  Hilary Duff, Emma Watson, Dakota Fanning, Anna Paquin, ..)

You actually had to do auditions to get on tv back then, so yes equals working hard.

Pink, Ryan Gosling,  Leonardo DiCaprio, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce,  Hilary Duff, Emma Watson, Dakota Fanning, Anna Paquin

Britney Spears media scrutiny is Michael Jackson-like; not Hilary Duff or Beyonce like.  I mean, you'd have to blame Michael Jackson for his problems too.  You even brought up Justin Timberlake and there are are photos of him with other women in magazines/newspapers in 2001/2002.  Where was the scrutiny there?

Again, you brought up For The Record, where Madonna was the one who admitted she was grateful that didn't start out like Britney did.

Like I said, I criticize her work ethic during this decade and I'm adamant that she has to evolve as a performer but throwing out a bunch of people who had less scrutiny doesn't make much sense.

Plus, the Britney Spears brand is quite outdated. There are tons of alternative young artists doing real ART, mixing music and aesthetic brilliantly (and many times they finance their own ****), so, in 2016: Do you think you can pull a screenshoot for your nine album being BS? Unacceptable. Plus, her artistry is empty nowadays; I still don't accept the fact that BS being 35 said that MM's music video supported feminism.  

She's stuck in 00's. In the 10's, as an artist, you need to have something to say. And I am sure she has a lot to say. But she prefers to keep on with the conversation she left back in 2004 (and even worse: she tries to keep on with the conversation, but nowadays, she can't). Reinvention, girl, ask Madonna:lemmetellu:

3 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

You actually had to do auditions to get on tv back then, so yes equals working hard.

Pink, Ryan Gosling,  Leonardo DiCaprio, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce,  Hilary Duff, Emma Watson, Dakota Fanning, Anna Paquin

Britney Spears media scrutiny is Michael Jackson-like; not Hilary Duff or Beyonce like.  I mean, you'd have to blame Michael Jackson for his problems too.  You even brought up Justin Timberlake and there are are photos of him with other women in magazines/newspapers in 2001/2002.  Where was the scrutiny there?

Again, you brought up For The Record, where Madonna was the one who admitted she was grateful that didn't start out like Britney did.

Like I said, I criticize her work ethic during this decade and I'm adamant that she has to evolve as a performer but throwing out a bunch of people who had less scrutiny doesn't make much sense.

doing a little show for a while is not the same as what she did between 1999 and 2004 :quirkney:

Britneys scritiny was because of her life choices.  Michael had an abuseive father, no childhood and got addicted to ***** because of a stage accident that burnt his scalp... how is that comparable?? Also There would be scrutiny these days but back then he was the darling.. just like Britney was in 1999 and 2000.

I dont give 2 ***** about what Madonna said.. Why do you keep bringin it up?

All of those had less scrutiny because they didnt pull the **** she did.  Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes are NO WHERE near as famous as Britney but look how the media focused on them as soon as they started acting out. 

Look Im a Britney fan and ultimatley I dont care about the stuff she did in 2007. Im not personally offended or anything. I just think its fair to point out that it wasnt the "evil paparazz" and the "business" that led to her breakdown.. It was Britney herself.

Archived