Report: Britney Spears To Continue Performing In Las Vegas In 2018

Jordan Miller

10 hours ago, Yukisenpi28 said:

Why people get so angry with Britney , Yes I know we want a tour. But what about her? Her feelings and wants in life? 

I think if the residency thing is true I am happy that she will still be performing. Also she still makes good *** music ( for the fans ) so no complaints there. If this was a long time ago I think I'd be more upset . But lets be real she has given us  A LOT  of her life :donewithit:.

A time comes where she has to live hers for her , and I think I am just grateful that is even doing both ..... because she is very Mother oriented and the most real human like Celeb that I see . ( with being shy , dorky , humble) She doesn't rlly have this stuck up ( im a Celebrity ) Aura to her . :tiffhair:

In time she will tour again I am sure and people will go because it is Britney Spears. But if for now residencies are prepering her mentally or making her happy because she can feel she has a somewhat normal scheduled life with her children AND  perform...than I support it. I mean back in 2008 I never would have thought she would be able to do 5+ years of shows with a very good turn out. And still make great albums. 

She is very fa oriented ( prob why she doesn't promote her *** off ) As she said she has been on top and got hurt because of it. So I think the GOP doesn't matter as much as it did when she was younger and she aims more for the people who are already fans. We have to remember despite being famous all her life she probably does have just normal human dreams and wants .:lemmetellu:. And who the hell am I to shame her or threaten to no longer be a fan because she wants to calm down and live somewhat of a boring life after all she has given me since 1998 ......sorry no that is a ******* thing to do :whitney:

Flawless post!!! I wish more fans shared your way of thinking.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I don’t know, MGM grand has many concerts with popular artists. I think it could work out. MGM is also the main competitor of Foxwoods, which owns Planet Hollywood.

The MGM is nice, Caesar's could also be a fun place. I thought of the Monte Carlo, but Cher and Ricky Martin are already there.

46 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She can't take POM to a rival hotel because the show is under contract with PH, they own the rights to the show. They allowed her to tour / perform outside the venue when she re-signed for two more years.

The thing is if she really keeps performing in Vegas even if it's in a rival hotel, I don't see how her team would just fully revamp her show. Maybe they'll change the playlist or the choreos a bit but that's it. At this point, I'm just complaining out of disappointment. I know some people talk about her life and how it helps her be stable but as one of her "music" fans,  I'm disappointed. I truly believe (personally) that she outlived her stay there. 

1 minute ago, Oops... I did it again said:

The fact that someone of you are still fans of Britney is just.. lol! I dont care how good she made you guys feel growing up, some of you are just doormats. You should pretend like she retired after the fiasco in 2008. That's what I did. Im only here for the leaks. Sucks to be you.

The fact that you're in here, still logging in and posting, and still checking for her material after supposedly disowning her and "pretending she retired after 08" is just... :tiffcackle:

21 minutes ago, Chris88 said:

The thing is if she really keeps performing in Vegas even if it's in a rival hotel, I don't see how her team would just fully revamp her show. Maybe they'll change the playlist or the choreos a bit but that's it. At this point, I'm just complaining out of disappointment. I know some people talk about her life and how it helps her be stable but as one of her "music" fans,  I'm disappointed. I truly believe (personally) that she outlived her stay there. 

of course it will be a new show..they can't offer the same show at a different hotel just like that. they're not that dumb you know :tiffcackle:

27 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The MGM is nice, Caesar's could also be a fun place. I thought of the Monte Carlo, but Cher and Ricky Martin are already there.

My question is if it's a rival venue could it still be Caesars? Isn't planet Hollywood owned by caesars entertainment? I would love it if britney did caesars. It's huge but I don't know if she could sell it out. 

5 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

of course it will be a new show..they can't offer the same show at a different hotel just like that. they're not that dumb you know :tiffcackle:

well, we've seen worse things. I couldn't be very surprised if they decide to change the venue, and change slightly the show. (aka do another revamp of POM)

If she goes somewhere else it'll either the the Cosmopolitan's Chelsea Theater or The Park at Monte Carlo. MGM hosts an arena, which is where popular artists play, but residency shows do not command audiences that large (10-18K). 

My bet is that she'll announce a residency at the The Park Theater. The Park is a little bit larger than the Axis, so I'd assume she'll do less shows on a rotating basis a la Cher and Ricky. The colosseum is not Britney's audience and focuses on more mature acts. 

And no, the show will not be called Piece of Me. 

10 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

PH owns the rights of the Piece of me show...she'll have to make a completely different show with a different name 

It doesn't mean she will be willing to create new choreographies. She can have different props but the same choreos. That would not  be suprising 

As fans I think we need to accept that Britney is going to be in Vegas for a while and who knows, maybe she will go on a mini U.S. and European tour like she did for Asia? As much as this sounds aggravating to a lot of you, and I do understand how you feel, you have to remember that Vegas has given her more stability than she's ever had her entire life. She gets to go to work and go home at the end of the day. Back in the day she would constantly be on tour - in a different city every night. She gets to have a regular 9-5 and be with her kids. I can see her being in Vegas for another 4 years. This is just what we have to deal with now. She's either slowing down or winding up her career. That much is clear. She's been performing and working since she was a child. She's put in 25+ years already. All I can ask for as a fan is good music she's passionate about and at least some live vocal performances (even if pre-recorded). I've enjoyed this ride for 18 years so far.

I don't know why some are wanting her to remain there and fully become a nostalgia act when she's capable of adding more to her legacy. She's young, she's fit, she's regained some creative control over her music and her children are growing up. She doesn't have to be worked at the same rate as ITZney but to simply bank on the past and not evolve as an artist is just terrible. She's not 70, whether she sells like Swift or Adele or simply churns out music similar to Madonna, the potential is there. Her and her team need to stop making it seem Britney is incapable of dominating the pop world or at least being successful with future records. Decent promo, a visual theme, performances that show strength and effort was put in there, less controlled interviews and interaction with fans, she could do more but to rot in Vegas bank on 98-04 peak. No thanks. :byebitch:

Guest $elfish

I swear to god if britney and her team make another shitty , cheap and worthless residency 

I'm out:rihit:

too much bullshit and stupidity to handle:leaving:

Archived