Report: Britney Spears To Continue Performing In Las Vegas In 2018

Jordan Miller

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/30/2017 at 0:08 PM, Shadow. said:

I'm perched for the meltdowns if her staying in vegas is confirmed :reductive:

Honestly that's what I'm waiting on. I saw this on my timeline and immediately came here. I expected a full blown meltdown. I'm kinda disappointed :meltdown:

4 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Lbr, we all knew it was coming :tiffcackle:

That's why I said. I was waiting for this announcement. I expected meltdowns of Dessert performance proportions. I'm let down :nydisgust:

Albums don't sell anymore, her singles are not charting anywhere, alternative artists are struggling to get their coins. The only way to gain money for most pop artist is touring (ask madonna), but britney doesn't. Is she staying forever in Vegas when the last legs of POM  have not been really sucessful? :calculating: If Glory had a low budget after FFT, I don't want to imagine B10's budget:wontcry:

14 hours ago, asitalian12587 said:

if she goes to a rival hotel, it will be a new stage, new set up, new show. im ok with that. it allows her to get into her creative process again and have input. shes obviously bored with the piece of me show. also, as weve recently seen, her vegas show wont hinder her touring elswhere or releasing new music so it would be fine with me. 

that means +4 years of the same show, plus her follow up albums being totally ignored as happened with BJ and Glory.:sipney:

4 minutes ago, lolo. said:

Albums don't sell anymore, her singles are not charting anywhere, alternative artists are struggling to get their coins. The only way to gain money for most pop artist is touring (ask madonna), but britney doesn't. Is she staying forever in Vegas when the last legs of POM  have not been really sucessful? :calculating: If Glory had a low budget after FFT, I don't want to imagine B10's budget:wontcry:

Vegas is happy with Britney and she's doing well in Vegas

23 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Vegas is happy with Britney and she's doing well in Vegas

Britney barely makes a sold out in a 4000 seats theatre lately, so Vegas is not really happy with her. OTHERWISE, she sells 50k in Tel Aviv, and some sold out shows in Asia:whitney: 

She is not happy in Vegas, she is tired of the audiences coming to Vegas. She is COMFORTABLE with Vegas since it doesn't alter her life too much, which is a completely different thing

I'm actually happy for her that she is staying in Vegas.  It makes her happy.  If it makes her happy, who are we to judge her?  As long as she updates her show with new costume, songs, playback, some live singing, and choreography.

Listen, the media took a giant **** on her 10 years ago so why is everybody surprised if she doesn't want to be in the limelight anymore.  She's getting just enough attention for her to feel comfortable and happy with her fans and having a show in Vegas is perfect for her at this time in her life.  Who cares if she is 35?  It's her damn life.  :lemmetellu:

My best friend made a great statement the other day when we were talking about Britney's relevancy.  She said she is happy that Britney is not popular anymore because she isn't in to any of the popular artists these days.  She likes to listen to stuff people don't really know about.  She even brought up the fact that Britney probably DOESN'T want to be popular or that relevant anymore.  It makes sense and I don't blame Britney for wanting that for herself.  

Y'all want more and more and more from her.  This fan base needs Gimme More as their theme song...  :whitney:

Just now, lolo. said:

Britney barely makes a sold out in a 4000 seats theatre lately, so Vegas is not really happy with her. OTHERWISE, she sells 90k in Tel Aviv, and plus some sold outs in Asia:whitney: 

She is not happy in Vegas, she is tired of the audiences coming to Vegas. She is COMFORTABLE with Vegas since it doesn't alter her life too much, which is a completely thing

Then there would be no talk of a renewal if Vegas was unhappy

She has kids, so a tour will only happen when the kids are off from school

13 minutes ago, lolo. said:

Albums do sell though. Beyonce, Adele, P!nk, JT consistently sell albums and they're all her peers (minus Adele). Britney just has no direction these days. If she would take the bull by the horns she could compete with them but she's just there sitting and content. And if that's what she wants, then cool. Good for her if she's happy.

But don't make excuses for her, because if her chart career is in a slump, it's nobody's fault but her own. If nobody else other than established artists are selling albums, it's because these new artists are pumping out garbage records... and they are.

I don't think this is a good choice for her... She has to move on for her 20th anniversary, something really big and full of surprises. She has to step out of comfort zone... Her label always wants to protect her, but not listening any comment from the fan base should not be the right decision. We also want Britney having a great life,  we also want her to be big again... She is the princess of pop... We all know that the music is not the most important things now (see how they treat Glory). It should be promotion and marketing now... We deserve something spectacular from her!!!!! (some TV performances and well-planning marketing plus production)  :slayney: Vegas can be the first stage for the new tour but not a residency!!!! :flawlessbye: 

Just now, danny1994 said:

If it’s a competitor to Planet Hollywood, I expect her to sign up with MGM.

They have a theater similar to Planet Hollywood. cirque du soleil uses it, but they could probably share it with Britney

ka-5.jpg

Her hotel will mainly depend on the clientele, not so much the theater. They're not going to put Britney Spears and her thongs in a hotel full of stuffy old farts, she has to go to a more modern and contemporary establishment. 

Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

Then there would be no talk of a renewal if Vegas was unhappy

She has kids, so a tour will only happen when the kids are off from school

Don't you think is stupid to get a sold out in a 4000k seats theatre when it has been proven that she can sell 10x times more touring? 

Yes, that's the thing. I have seen artists in my country stuggling to make ends meet, going to the middle of nowhere to get their coins. To be an artist means you must risk.

5 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Albums do sell though. Beyonce, Adele, P!nk, JT consistently sell albums and they're all her peers (minus Adele). Britney just has no direction these days. If she would take the bull by the horns she could compete with them but she's just there sitting and content. And if that's what she wants, then cool. Good for her if she's happy.

But don't make excuses for her, because if her chart career is in a slump, it's nobody's fault but her own. If nobody else other than established artists are selling albums, it's because these new artists are pumping out garbage records... and they are.

:wyd: who's making excuses for her? I am just exposing what's happening in the music industry. Albums don't sell anymore. There are plenty of good artists releasing good albums and selling 30 copies per year. Plus. I didn't say it is not her fault. 

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Her hotel will mainly depend on the clientele, not so much the theater. They're not going to put Britney Spears and her thongs in a hotel full of stuffy old farts, she has to go to a more modern and contemporary establishment. 

I don’t know, MGM grand has many concerts with popular artists. I think it could work out. MGM is also the main competitor of Foxwoods, which owns Planet Hollywood.

Archived