Is Britney a victim of misogyny in the Scream & Shout remix music video?

I mean, I think some things that wouldn't be appropriate in real life conversation are accepted in song lyrics. For instance, Every Breath You Take by The Police has creepy lyrics about a man stalking big time his girlfriend/lover. That is creepy as hell and would not be cool in real life but the song is flawless and a classic. I think art allows some messages to be expressed and not being taken as seriously.

Nonetheless, I think I might have listened to the S&S remix five times in my life at most, I always listen to the original.

• Like 7

I used to love it back in the day, but now I find the remix disgusting to say the least. It’s uncomfortable to hear a bunch of no names screaming and yelling at Britney with zero art intended to it. What makes it worse for me is Britney’s past with abusers. … this remix should be removed immediately! I don’t know who let Diddy near Britney considering his notoriously (makes-me-sick-type-of-) past, not when he had been accused of ******! :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

The only respectable legend in there is Lil Wayne. I think he has massive respect for Britney and is always shouting her out on his songs. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 5
  • Like 3
12 minutes ago, G-unit said:

I always interpreted it as Diddy calling the listener a bish and telling them to turn it up, since Britney is doing the same. 

lol yeah

britney is speaking to the listener "you gotta turn turn it up"

Diddy adds "turn it up *****" 

it's not britney turning up, it's the listener who's asked to turn up

• Haha 2
  • Like 6
16 minutes ago, do the thing said:

lol yeah

britney is speaking to the listener "you gotta turn turn it up"

Diddy adds "turn it up *****" 

it's not britney turning up, it's the listener who's asked to turn up

exactly, it's also shown in the lines that precede Waka Flocka Flame:

Mother****ers I said put your hands up
Turn
the
up
right
mother****in’ now

y'all feeling offended for Britney, when the offended ones should be you lol 

Also, without counting the Mood Ring remixes where Britney calls herself a *****, the original phrase which is used in S&S is 

"It's Britney, *****". The ***** isn't Britney, but the listener. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 3
17 hours ago, Cancer said:

Diddy constantly calling Britney a 'bit/ch' and telling his 'bi'tch' to turn the music up strikes me as woman-hating and demeaning. 

Britney got revenge by shading Diddy in some of her IG posts, but it's not enough in my opinion. The Scream and Shout remix is ******ic and seemed to involve a bunch of men shouting at and bullying a woman. I highly doubt Britney had any control over it, making it worse.

I can't even re-watch the Scream & Shout (Remix) MV because it makes me deeply uncomfortable. Not sure that sh/it would fly in 2022.

Diddy wants the music turned up because Britney is screaming and shouting, surrounded by like what? six black dudes, probably with humongous... now i'm seeing pictures in my head that i never thought of. But it's not the tea though... just a very distorted perspective :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:. Is Work ***** queerbaiting then or just generally demeaning too?

• Haha 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block