Is Britney a victim of misogyny in the Scream & Shout remix music video?

2 hours ago, do the thing said:

lol yeah

britney is speaking to the listener "you gotta turn turn it up"

Diddy adds "turn it up *****" 

it's not britney turning up, it's the listener who's asked to turn up

Well what if we don’t want him calling us a biiatchhhh either? :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

3 hours ago, Style. said:

I used to love it back in the day, but now I find the remix disgusting to say the least. It’s uncomfortable to hear a bunch of no names screaming and yelling at Britney with zero art intended to it. What makes it worse for me is Britney’s past with abusers. … this remix should be removed immediately! I don’t know who let Diddy near Britney considering his notoriously (makes-me-sick-type-of-) past, not when he had been accused of ******! :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

The only respectable legend in there is Lil Wayne. I think he has massive respect for Britney and is always shouting her out on his songs. 

You obviously know nothing about rap culture to call anyone in that vid a no name, when literally one of the rappers on the remix is one of the most sought out producers in hip-hop/R&B. 

Lmao at yall being upset at rappers screaming and yelling, when literally the title of the song is called--SCREAM & SHOUT LOL 

Real Housewives Eye Roll GIF

• Love 2
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, OutofKontrol said:

You obviously know nothing about rap culture to call anyone in that vid a no name, when literally one of the rappers on the remix is one of the most sought out producers in hip-hop/R&B. 

Lmao at yall being upset at rappers screaming and yelling, when literally the title of the song is called--SCREAM & SHOUT LOL 

Real Housewives Eye Roll GIF

I know a couple things and more about hip hop. Hit Boy may be a hot producer, but he was clearly undeserving to be on a song with Britney Spears on the most popular song of 2013, especially with such a fad verse. Your point? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:
The remix is trash with zero creative direction. Diddy ruined it with the unnecessary yelling, but my problem is not even that. Looking back now with a full knowledge of what happened to Britney and how she was a slave of numerous men-predators, including her father, hearing random rappers screaming Britney Bich is a disgusting thing. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

3 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

It's misogynistic as heII, but it's not about Britney.

But that's rap music in general, but if you point out the problematic lyrics too much they'll just label you as a racist.

Not all rap music is misogynistic, especially music by female rappers. Queen Latifah, for example.

Rap music was actually quite intellectual in the 80s and early 90s. The rank misogyny and swearing for the sake of it is more of a 00s development. Case in point, Eminem and his constant hating on Britney in his lyrics was vile. He wouldn't get away with it in 2022. The peroxide loon sounded like he wanted to strangle her to death along with XX-TINA.

1 hour ago, Style. said:

I know a couple things and more about hip hop. Hit Boy may be a hot producer, but he was clearly undeserving to be on a song with Britney Spears on the most popular song of 2013, especially with such a fad verse. Your point? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:
The remix is trash with zero creative direction. Diddy ruined it with the unnecessary yelling, but my problem is not even that. Looking back now with a full knowledge of what happened to Britney and how she was a slave of numerous men-predators, including her father, hearing random rappers screaming Britney Bich is a disgusting thing. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

No you don't. you called muti-platnium artist a who have great respect in the music industry a bunch nobodies, lmao. 

You are reaching. Seriously lol. 

Britney obviously likes the song. Hence why she added to the domination set-list and created her OWN choreography for it. if Britney doesn't have a.problem with it, why do you? 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

It’s just a bunch of rappers with Britney, like it’s not even that deep. They were the biggest hit makers of the time and it’s a cool video, Britney looks great, amazing outfits.. 

Slay

💅🏻

People are so sensitive, they fail to realize the goal of that remix was to market britney to a new audience. And guess what? IT WORKED!! anytime that remix is played in a predominantly r&b/hip hop, it goes awf!! The crowd loves it. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Cancer said:

Diddy constantly calling Britney a 'bit/ch' and telling his 'bi'tch' to turn the music up strikes me as woman-hating and demeaning. 

Britney got revenge by shading Diddy in some of her IG posts, but it's not enough in my opinion. The Scream and Shout remix is ******ic and seemed to involve a bunch of men shouting at and bullying a woman. I highly doubt Britney had any control over it, making it worse.

I can't even re-watch the Scream & Shout (Remix) MV because it makes me deeply uncomfortable. Not sure that sh/it would fly in 2022.

She was a victim of all videos from cship years. Examples: HIAM/IWG/3/WB :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

Cancer strikes again.

She literally has the most iconic catchphrase with the word ***** in it, plus a single that says that word more than 50 times.

Wasn't enough your thread accusing Xtina of ***ual harassment that now you're string things up by bringing stuff that is really not relevant from the past.

Not to mention that in the video Britney looks confident and empowered.

By the way congratulations on passing 200 posts, you're really putting a lot of time and effort in this forum, I really hope you're getting some sort of remuneration for it.

I really wonder what is your original account, and not this Smurf one.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, ivosoares said:

Here we go with the Gen Z prerogative 

There's nothing insulting about, you're taking 'betch' as a negative term, and it's just a street\urban term for a confident woman. And they say it because she says 'It's Britney, b...' that's her trademark

How is this post Gen Z’s fault 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block