Is Britney a victim of misogyny in the Scream & Shout remix music video?

On 10/13/2022 at 5:49 PM, Cancer said:

Diddy constantly calling Britney a 'bit/ch' and telling his 'bi'tch' to turn the music up strikes me as woman-hating and demeaning. 

Britney got revenge by shading Diddy in some of her IG posts, but it's not enough in my opinion. The Scream and Shout remix is ******ic and seemed to involve a bunch of men shouting at and bullying a woman. I highly doubt Britney had any control over it, making it worse.

I can't even re-watch the Scream & Shout (Remix) MV because it makes me deeply uncomfortable. Not sure that sh/it would fly in 2022.

precisely why I have never been a fan of rap and hip hop.

it's time more women were vocal about this cr@p instead of tolerating it.

That's on top of the beat being so dated and cheap.

Unfortunately, I still hear a lot of mysoginistic and homophobic messaging in pop culture today. 

That song "how can I be homophobic, my ***** is gay" is an atrocious piece of trash, yet it was a hit on TikTok. It just shows how ridiculously conservative and disrespectful people's views still are.

On 10/13/2022 at 8:19 AM, Cancer said:

Diddy constantly calling Britney a 'bit/ch' and telling his 'bi'tch' to turn the music up strikes me as woman-hating and demeaning. 

Britney got revenge by shading Diddy in some of her IG posts, but it's not enough in my opinion. The Scream and Shout remix is ******ic and seemed to involve a bunch of men shouting at and bullying a woman. I highly doubt Britney had any control over it, making it worse.

I can't even re-watch the Scream & Shout (Remix) MV because it makes me deeply uncomfortable. Not sure that sh/it would fly in 2022.

I don’t understand any of this. GIF by Achievement Hunter

• Super Mods

I always thought Britney looked way better in this M/V than the original, however I always hated the remix. It's a bunch of nobodies and faded rappers who lost their popularity trying to leach of off Britney's light and fame. 

I'm assuming team con got VERY good money from these people just to be put in the vid with Britney Spears, and voila. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block