Taylor Swift "Midnights" out now with 7 surprise bonus tracks, breaking streaming records on Spotify, Amazon, and Apple Music!

1 hour ago, Nate b said:

I wouldn’t exactly call anything she has done a problem… she is literally ********* every possible record even still on day 3. 

No I meant that she promoted the album in a certain vibe and aesthetic that did not fit the theme of the songs. This contributed to some of the backlash.. I personally think the album is great, and a very solid body of work. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MasterMindz said:

No I meant that she promoted the album in a certain vibe and aesthetic that did not fit the theme of the songs. This contributed to some of the backlash.. I personally think the album is great, and a very solid body of work. 

It’s my main complain. Now it has grown on me but I was expecting something rockish and more relatable. Probably my fault that I’m the same age as her and not in love or whatever but damn I miss her old country and Folklore lyrics.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MasterMindz said:

I was expecting moody lyrics and darker production. :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MasterMindz said:

I assume you mean the artwork which was 70s themed? Because it gave me 'pop Taylor vibes' upon its reveal so I'm very pleased this album is a return to pop Taylor.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Isla said:

I assume you mean the artwork which was 70s themed? Because it gave me 'pop Taylor vibes' upon its reveal so I'm very pleased this album is a return to pop Taylor.

Yes, 70s theme. And I agree, people wanted something similar to Miley's "Plastic Hearts". We got something totally different, and I am glad Taylor returned to pop as well.

2 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

Yes, 70s theme. And I agree, people wanted something similar to Miley's "Plastic Hearts". We got something totally different, and I am glad Taylor returned to pop as well.

See this is why I wish Taylor could have dropped the lead single before the album release but it is what it is. I would love her to do a rock album though (she's done a few rock tracks before that proves she's more than capable of doing this), or another country album, but her pop music is my preference lol

3 minutes ago, Isla said:

See this is why I wish Taylor could have dropped the lead single before the album release but it is what it is. I would love her to do a rock album though (she's done a few rock tracks before that proves she's more than capable of doing this), or another country album, but her pop music is my preference lol

Right! A rock album with a dark sound like "Better Than Revenge" and "Haunted" would be awesome :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

• Love 1
10 hours ago, MasterMindz said:

I mean its okay to not have deep lyrics in every single album. She had fun with it.

I think the biggest problem Taylor did is the way she promoted Midnights and the message she posted post-VMAs. She should have mentioned that this is a fun album, enjoyable lyrics, and nothing deep (except for 2-3 songs). 

No no, I meant that I don't think her lyrics are relatable to me, I don't travel to Paris, I don't have a jet, I don't go skiing, I can't afford anything from Louis Vuitton! That's what her lyrics sound to me. I can't relate.

And I'm with Isla on this one, just from the cover I thought it was going to be a pop album, it has this early 2000s vibe, kind of like those Swedish pop music albums released back in the day, so I'm not surprised with the music or the themes.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

No no, I meant that I don't think her lyrics are relatable to me, I don't travel to Paris, I don't have a jet, I don't go skiing, I can't afford anything from Louis Vuitton! That's what her lyrics sound to me. I can't relate.

And I'm with Isla on this one, just from the cover I thought it was going to be a pop album, it was this early 2000s vibe, kind of like those Swedish pop music albums released back in the day, so I'm not surprised with the music or the themes.

Just chiming in, but there has to be a slight irony in saying you don't relate to her on a Britney forum, and as an example, you essentially quote work *****.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Just chiming in, but there has to be a slight irony in saying you don't relate to her on a Britney forum, and as an example, you essentially quote work *****.

...what? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

WB is probably what everybody would want, just exaggerated, and yet it's just a fun song, nothing actually serious. TS actually writes her lyrics, and most of them come from experience. Like.... what?

The album cover is a tribute to the 70s, those days the album cover listed the songs in the front with a big photo in the back. 

Considering she did that to design it like a clock. 

Try to find hits different. It's the only track not on platforms bit the target (US) and the international Deluxe cd 

But since there's a streaming Deluxe, hits different might be only on 💿 to get the sales. 

Which by tomorrow Bish will hit 1,000,000 in sales. 

My best swiftie, Said he thought she wouldn't achieve 1989 success again, but here she is doing just that  destroying sales in the uk and the US. 

And is expecting to go to number two and put Britney Spears at number 3 , with biggest opening weeks for females.  

Hits daily double says Midnights is projected to be 1.4 to 1.6 million at the end of the tracking week..

It's already the top selling album of 2022 and with 500,000 copies sold on vinyl, the best selling vinyl since Tracking began in 1991 and Anti hero is expected to top the hot 100, making Taylor's fourth non consecutive chart double and with 9 top tens expected about to dethrone Madonna as the female with the most top tens.  

• Love 1
On 10/22/2022 at 5:03 PM, FraFromThe90's said:

I wish that solar Power of Lorde would have recived this kind of reception.. that album was so good

Solar Power was not good imo, but certainly her previois two albums were amazing and she did not get this level of frenzy. Like, anything that is good on this album sounds like a Lorde track. Mastermind is literally Taylor being Lorde.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block