Taylor Swift "Midnights" out now with 7 surprise bonus tracks, breaking streaming records on Spotify, Amazon, and Apple Music!

7 minutes ago, Body ache said:

For her current fan base yes but I'd like to see her push herself.

Artists aren't allowed anymore cos of the fandoms, plus Taylor lost half the fan base once she revealed she's a Democrat and the reputation era scared most people away. 

So why do that again. 

She's one of the few critics respect, hell midnights is 5 stars on Rolling stone, that's difficult to get. 

This is her best reviewed pop album. 

It got better reviews than few pop albums.  

Might be Down from Folklore,  but after the "magnum opus", that's what's expected more of that. 

So midnights is a disappointment to some cos it's safe after Folklore was a major departure,  especially considering it's the defining mood of the pandemic.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Artists aren't allowed anymore cos of the fandoms, plus Taylor lost half the fan base once she revealed she's a Democrat and the reputation era scared most people away. 

So why do that again. 

She's one of the few critics respect, hell midnights is 5 stars on Rolling stone, that's difficult to get. 

This is her best reviewed pop album. 

It got better reviews than few pop albums.  

Might be Down from Folklore,  but after the "magnum opus", that's what's expected more of that. 

So midnights is a disappointment to some cos it's safe after Folklore was a major departure,  especially considering it's the defining mood of the pandemic.  

I'm not saying it's bad. It's just tiring but if the formula works then why change it.

@Adriannn

@Jordan Miller

She's shocked she's still as popular as she was 16 years ago, hinting she's 32, and in pop star years that's geriatric (senior citizen) as pop music is typically a youth driven market, so for someone like taylor swift who's  over the hill according to her pop music and in today's pop star's where her biggest impact on today's acts including Olivia Rodrigo,  who was only 2 or 3 years old when the self titled album dropped in 2006,when Taylor swift herself was only 16, which at that time. 

Unless you were Disney,  outside the brief 90s and 00s teen pop bubblegum era,most acts were in their early to mid 20s when they started in the industry. 

Taylor,  probably due to MySpace was the catalyst in the shift of signing acts not 18, due to the money in that demographic is better as they don't have jobs or responsibilities. 

Hell today's teens aren't working,  so they can fully enjoy high school experience.  

But yeah, she  coyly reminded everybody at 32,  she's supposed to be irrelevant and senior citizen cos it's pop music and you're not supposed to be a certain age doing pop music..

• Love 1
10 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

...what? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

WB is probably what everybody would want, just exaggerated, and yet it's just a fun song, nothing actually serious. TS actually writes her lyrics, and most of them come from experience. Like.... what?

She literally has a song that lists off stereotypical expensive or associated with celebrity things such as hot bodies, bugattis, maserattis, lamborginis, martinis, looking hot in bikinis, living fancy, big mansions and partying in France...it's ironic that you would cite as a reason to dislike Taylor, but not Britney. 

I'm going to assume you're using Blank Space as an example, which Taylor has said was written as a parody of how the media portrayed her. What songs are you referencing?

6 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

She literally has a song that lists off stereotypical expensive or associated with celebrity things such as hot bodies, bugattis, maserattis, lamborginis, martinis, looking hot in bikinis, living fancy, big mansions and partying in France...it's ironic that you would cite as a reason to dislike Taylor, but not Britney. 

I'm going to assume you're using Blank Space as an example, which Taylor has said was written as a parody of how the media portrayed her. What songs are you referencing?

:tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

not reasons to dislike her but to not relate to her; I'm not a stan so I couldn't pinpoint every reference but in general she seems to always or mostly tell stories of rich people or rich people environments or activities

Britney nor a single song of hers have a single thing to do with my point.

10 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

:tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

not reasons to dislike her but to not relate to her; I'm not a stan so I couldn't pinpoint every reference but in general she seems to always or mostly tell stories of rich people or rich people environments or activities

Britney nor a single song of hers have a single thing to do with my point.

Taylor swift is rich, kinda hard to relate to us folks, Plain and simple. 

It's her life now, it's hard to relate anybody not rich 

We are looked down on cos we could be there if we put in the hard work. 

1 hour ago, Isla said:

My Lavender CD finally got dispatched from the store. But I'm still waiting on my other order with the Jade CD and cassette to ship.

I hope at some point I can get a vinyl.

11 minutes ago, Nate b said:

Just go to target. They have all of them in-store. 

My CDs ship tomorrow from Amazon  :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block