Taylor Swift "Midnights" out now with 7 surprise bonus tracks, breaking streaming records on Spotify, Amazon, and Apple Music!

1 hour ago, Isla said:

Okay I've finally listened to this album. Personally I think it's pretty good, cohesive and it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be (in my opinion). Reputation is my favourite Taylor album and this album is the PERFECT sequel to it, it seems to expand upon that dark, glitchy type of pop music Taylor has done so well and it is definitely a very moody album, perfect for autumn/winter nights when it's dark outside.

THIS.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

For y'all haters: 

"@taylorswift13 's 'Midnights' has broken the all-time record for biggest single day streams for an album in Spotify history. #tsmidnights"

Are we surprised? She used a trick to release the album at midnight and then release the « deluxe » version at 3 AM knowing her fans would re-listening the album so she could have 2X more streams ☠️

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Greg_del said:

Are we surprised? She used a trick to release the album at midnight and then release the « deluxe » version at 3 AM knowing her fans would re-listening the album so she could have 2X more streams ☠️

Let's not minimize the impact. The fact that Folklore and Lover barely left the top 40 since they were released shows the longevity and impact of Taylor's releases, with or without the marketing tactics that only serve first week sales. She is already the highest selling and streaming female artist this year with or without Midnights :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning: . 

Via Billboard: On the Billboard 200 this week, Taylor places at #19 (folklore), #21 (Red TV), #39 (Lover), #47(1989), #63 (evermore), #85 (reputation), #148 (Fearless), and #187 (speak now). One word: LONGEVITY. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Shadow. said:

found this on insta, maybe I'm in the minority but I kinda like the minimalist style of the album art tbh! I like some of the tracks but yeah overall its just another taylor album, nothing new or mind blowing

I could see Britney Jean working like that but the others not so much. They're too massive.

17 hours ago, Dorian Gray said:

I’m about 3/4 through the album and so far I’m disappointed. Hopefully it’s a grower. I like Snow on the Beach, Vigilante **** & Labrynth the best so far (though it’s really hard to distinguish one song from the next).

I loved Folklore and Evermore.. wasn’t a fan of Lover and this feels more like a continuation of that album. I tend to exclusively not like her Jack Antoff produced songs (exceptions: This is Me Trying & Gold Rush) which basically sets this album up for failure for me.

Okay, almost 24 hrs in and I’ll admit I’m enjoying it more. I still think it lacks “big moments” that make an album memorable. But overall, for her committed fans it’s a nice record.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, MarcoSpearsBunton said:

Happy for the Swifties. I like the album concept too but I was expecting the sound to be like reputation, which is my favorite album of hers. Then I got a bit disappointed when I heard midnights.

It literally is a Reputation sequel though

11 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

It's not like reviewers have a choice unless they want their azzes to get doxxed and inboxes filled with death threats. :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

Oh come on. Rolling Stone, The Guardian, and The Independent all gave perfect scores. That's a really high mark to set. They could've given 4.5 stars, even 4 stars, and swifties wouldn't notice.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block