[UPDATED] Netflix's 'Britney vs Spears' stream + comment party

i’ve just finished it - there were no significant surprises tho. however i was shocked to see ppl like lufti or adnan adressing the situation. and the doctor that didn’t want to acknowledge he evaluated her :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

i watched it with my best friend and she was shocked tho - she’s posting about free britney and joining the brand boycott :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

• Like 1

I’m sorry I couldn’t stand the two fans that’s my honest opinion however as @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said …. This was for the general public. We are honestly lucky there’s so many mainstream platforms to show this. Back in Britney’s day she was so huge that everyone had a documentary on her at several points in her time. This documentary did a good job at explaining the degree of how important it is for Britney to be free. I also think that while exploitative like all documentaries not approved by artists, it just affirms further evidence that Britney does not need a conservatorship and is so much more than her situation. I know I should be on the let’s hate the documentary train, but I’m honestly glad there’s various ones that explain Britney’s situation at various degrees depending on how invested your are. I’m glad both are being used as evidence, and was referenced/will be referenced by Rosenberg in court. 

the one thing I don’t like is the romanticizing of Sam Lufti. I’ve spoken to him and I can promise you he is not okay and did in fact **** Britney and incite paparazzi into her home. There’s an a27 or whatever video I saw as a kid of him admitting to crushing up medication and adderall in her dinner (it’s since been sweeped). When speaking with me three years ago. he also kept insisting that he encouraged Britney to write piece of me which she didn’t do. Either way though, I’m fine with the documentary and I honestly just want to see Britney be free again to live her truth 

I actually kind of liked it. I still prefer the NYT documentaries, however this one was quite nicely done and possessed a lot of information that the general public might not know. It’s also on Netflix, one of the biggest streaming platforms. The more exposure this gets, the better. 

• Like 2

Finally finished! Overall, I think I prefer the NYT docs which I think dug a bit deeper but this wasn't bad. I think this is more for the general public and will give them a background of what is going on if they aren't too familar.

The doctor who evaluated Britney in 2008 (forgot his name, Spar something?) really pissed me off, he didn't bother to answer any of the questions properly. I also felt really bad for Adam, who Britney wanted to hire as her attorney after the cship was put in place. I still believe if you are under a cship you should be allowed to choose your own lawyer. Even more shocking is Britney tried to hire another lawyer in 2009 with help from the Rolling Stones journalist but Jamie was having none of that once he found out.

I'm glad they mentioned the alleged altercation between Jamie and Britney's son.

Was great to see Jordan and Felicia again although their parts were quite short.

Not sure what to make of Sam Lutfi and Adnan's comments tbh. I'm not 100% sure I trust either of them.

The ending part with Britney's testimony and the clips of her performing gave me chills :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Edited by Isla

Wait so can someone explain to me because I'm confused:

If Sam Lufti and Britney arranged that meeting for her to sign that contract in Jan 2009, does that mean she was still in communication with Sam? Because I've always thought he was a very blatantly bad guy and the "I let some really bad people into my life" comment in for the record was in reference to him. But clearly not if they were still in communication and trying to arrange this new lawyer thing?

2 hours ago, Persona said:

- Jason. I was part of the group that thought (thinks?) he was team con, controlling Britney for them when they weren't there to do it. now I don't know what to think. it seems I was wrong about him after all, he was against the cship. he wanted to help and just like all the others got kicked out for it. 

I was actually really surprised by the Jason stuff. For years fans thought it was weird he wanted to be a co-conservator but the doc seemed to show he had doubts about the whole thing.

• Like 1

Yeah the Jason Trawick thing was interesting and offers a different point of view than most fans thought (ie he wanted in on her money). Overall the NYT doc was better as it got more in the weeds with her security and felicias beautiful commentary on britney at the end. The Netflix doc wasn't that bad, but the NYT doc was much better crafted. I expected more information from the Netflix doc after 2.5 years of research 

• Like 2

I think  the times did much more to highlight the abuse & illegality hopefully that will help a fedral investigation.....netflix also released court documents that were sealed.  I pray 🙏 for Britney & her freedom.   I am just angered at the m13 years she lost with her precious 2 sons.  That is time she can never get back.   Justice is coming & I pray the scales of justice are in her favor tomorrow.   Appreciate all of you on this forum & the rest of the Britney Army. ❤😊

Does anyone think that if Britney is going to get back to dating that she should be dating that photog who kept her letter instead?? He's been actively & publicly vying for her freedom since the beginning (unlike Sam Asghari) and he seems to genuinely care about her wellbeing & like he has a crush on her. Man's eyes light up when he talks about her, and also seems a lil jealous when he talks about her relationship with Jason Trawick. 

I'm jus tryna see my queen happy, safe & secure Meme Think GIF

• Love 2

I don't really know if I liked it or not, the Times documentaries were WAY better. I mean this one was intersting as well but it wasn't very well made.

BAD POINTS :

-I could be Ok with having Lufti but with a freaking warning and a context. I don't support the idea of letting him tell us his little story like if he wasn't a terrible person.

-I don't mind Adnan giving his side of the story but not for 25 minutes (it's like the only two people they found as "exclusive insiders". I'm sure Britney is furious about this.

-OK CAN WE TALK about this Piece of me music video picture they show for like an entire minute when it's not even Britney on the picture !!!?? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:? !! That's an epic fail, I'm sorry but what a fail !!

-Too much 2007/2008, also if you spend 50 minutes talking about 2007 isn't weird you never mention the Shaving the head episode, not a single word or picture of it. :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

GOOD POINTS :

-The fact that Louise AKA Madame Loulou has been exposed :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning: (even the river pic was shown, I can't ahah !) 

-Hi Jordan you looked fantastic, you were REA-DY for your close up ! We have to stan !

-Finally someone talks about Jason ! Litlle is known about the time it was around (and that's many many years!)

-The bathroom moment at the hotel was brand new to me

-Fe is an angel, and I loved how she spontaniously answered how she won't touch on that one when asked about Loulou. :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

ps : we need to investigate the doctor

ps 2 : Have you noticed how Brenda Penny's picture was on the table the whole time like "here are all the members of the gang on display". :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Anyway I feel very bad for Britney, really I wish we could all send her some love somehow !

She needs to be free ASAP

• Love 5

Thoughts:

For the general public who have no clue what’s happening it serves well as a basic introduction and continues the argument that Britney’s father is, and has always been, abusive. It is also did well to highlight a few key names that seem to fly under the radar a lot outside of the fandom.

Overall, it was very amateur though. I can’t even with that piece of me freeze-frame! I was pretty surprised how much time was given to Adnan and Sam. And there were also missed opportunities to utilise some of the people they interviewed. What was the point of including Jordan, Fe, etc. if they weren’t going to deep dive into their experiences and knowledge. Although part of me thinks so much was being said by what little Fe was willing to say. 

In regards to the cinematographer - it’s obvious he was more worried about losing his job at the time than his concerns for Britney. He is no hero in this story. He may feel remorseful now but at the time he had multiple opportunities to help her but failed to. 

Obviously the New York Times documentaries are better and more significant in highlighting the abuse Britney has endured but Netflix will bring Britney’s case to more people and hopefully the #freebritney movement continues to get louder,

All eyes on Pennywise today. The world is watching.

• Like 1