Ronan Farrow & Jia Tolentino from The New Yorker detail horrific investigation into Britney's Conservatorship

:liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Butcher, Lynne, and Spears were on the floor, Spears on her knees; Jamie was sitting at a desk. A flat-screen TV was playing nearby. “Jamie said, ‘Baby,’ ” Butcher recalled, “and I thought he was going to say, ‘We love you, but you need help.’ But what he said was ‘You’re fat. Daddy’s gonna get you on a diet and a trainer, and you’re gonna get back in shape.’ ” Butcher felt sick. Jamie pointed at the TV and said, “You see that TV over there? You know what it’s going to say in eight weeks? That’s gonna be you on there, and they’re gonna say, ‘She’s back.’ ”

In the following weeks, Jamie wore Spears down. “He would get all in her face—spittle was flying—telling her she was a ***** and a terrible mother,” Butcher said. Spears was told that she could see her kids again only if she coöperated. 

• Love 6
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Spears grew so lonely that she would sometimes ask the housekeeper if she could bring her own children to the house and stay the night. “She used to ask me if I was happy,” the housekeeper said. “And I used to say yes. And she would say, ‘I just want to be happy. I want to have a family. I want my kids to stay with me every day.’ ”

sad britney spears GIF

Aww Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I really hope Sam Ingham burns in hell…This useless abusive lawyer makes more money than what Britney spends in a year 

California requires that conservatees be given five days’ notice before a conservatorship takes effect, but this can be bypassed if a judge decides that they could suffer “immediate and substantial harm.” Goetz appointed a probate lawyer named Sam Ingham as Spears’s advocate, and then granted the conservators’ petition to waive the requirement to notify her that any of this was happening. Ingham remains in the role; Spears covers his annual salary of five hundred and twenty thousand dollars. (Her own living expenses in 2019 were $438,360.)

They all make more money that she does. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

How is any of this legal? Jamie Spears deserves to rot in prison, but based on current laws, I’m sure he won’t. Abusers never get the prison sentence they deserve.

Also, props to this family friend that was not afraid to give testimony with her name out there. We need more people like Jacqueline to come forward.

Spears was told that she could see her kids again only if she coöperated. “Lynne was just, like, ‘Obey Daddy and they’ll let you out,’ ” Butcher added. Spears behaved, and regained limited access to her children. But Jamie got rid of anyone his daughter had been close to. The housekeeper who worked for Spears during the custody dispute remembers being let go at this time. “Anyone that works for her from now on goes through me,” Jamie told her. When Spears called the housekeeper a few days later, asking her to come back, the two of them cried on the phone together. “I love you and I miss you, too,” the housekeeper recalled saying, “but your dad told me I’m not allowed to work for you.” After that, she said, Jamie told her not to accept Spears’s calls.

• Love 6
  • Like 3

MY BLOOD IS BOILING :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

People on Spears’s team suggest that further hearings will undermine her claims. “God bless her, I felt sorry for her. But at the same time, don’t be telling tall tales,” the member of her team said. “Your problems, what was wrong with you, your shortcomings—don’t keep trying to blame everyone else for it.” 

• Love 6
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Z-dawg said:

That’s vile. What’s this thing they referring to? The early onset dementia that should have “killed” her by now? They are called Team Con for a reason! They’re still trying to spin this narrative! Britney said in court there’s NOTHING WRONG WITH HER! Get all the liars and enablers into a cell, like right now 🤬🤬🤬

I’m guessing they will try to say her alleged **** use led to brain damage so she has to be completely controlled.

But of course she can still perform and work and make them money 🙄 

• Love 3
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, KatieKat said:

I’m guessing they will try to say her alleged **** use led to brain damage so she has to be completely controlled.

But of course she can still perform and work and make them money 🙄 

Exactly. Their excuses change to suit the situation. I just don’t understand how they managed to pay everyone off along the way and not been exposed 🤯

• Love 4
  • Like 1