Millenials, why do we never talk about FTBOMBH?

Idk about yall but this song was SO POPULAR in my surrounding world at the turn of the new Millennium! It almost went top 10. I remember hearing it everywhere, people at school loved it, it was all over TRL. It was the "slow skaters" song at my local skating rink for months! Why is this song so forgotten??? It even got left off of the GHMP album. Wtf??? What memories do you have of this beautiful bop?

Edited by jordeezy river red
  • Love 2

I like the song. I do remember Britney saying she was "done showing my belly" when the single/video came out and I was secretly horrified, but I would hear it on radio occasionally and see the video on TRL. I also bought the single CD and would play it for my more conservative friends 😅

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, jordeezy river red said:

North Carolina

Omg super close. I’m in Richmond. FTBOMBH never got any love here on the radios. I honestly feel like they saw it and were like nah. We are going to play Sometimes and yall will be fine. It did come on TRL though but Idk if it stayed on the charts high though. I just checked and it never hit number one on TRL. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I think alot of her singles from her first album are overlooked and mainly forgotten by the GP.

BOMT is the only single that is still remembered and well known by everyone.

Crazy is probably the only other single from her debut that is remembered but not as much as BOMT.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, RBFLOVESBRITNEY said:

Omg super close. I’m in Richmond. FTBOMBH never got any love here on the radios. I honestly feel like they saw it and were like nah. We are going to play Sometimes and yall will be fine. It did come on TRL though but Idk if it stayed on the charts high though. I just checked and it never hit number one on TRL. 

RnB was popular in my area so maybe that has something to do with it. We had a pop station but it leaned mostly adult contemporary. 

Edited by jordeezy river red
2 hours ago, Gutterguppy said:

Took me a good minute to get which song you were referring to lol. For some reason, I have no recollection of this song charting anywhere and I was all over Britney as a kid

It didn’t do well in the US. Idk about other placss.

Tbqh I wish they would’ve released BTMYH rather than FTBOMBH here in the US. FTBOMBH is my least favorite ballad by Britney and it’s pretty dated lol.

Also #Justice4IWillBeThere! The fact that wasn’t released as a single is a crime.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
Forgot to state that BTMYH should’ve been released in the US
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

i am sure everyone has talked about this song countless times just like we have talked about every part of her, her body, her family, her kids, her music, her imagery, her teeth, her dancing, the scum under fingertips. 

I think the title is misleading.:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block