Matt Gaetz wants Britney Spears to come to congress (VIDEO) - [UPDATE] OPEN LETTER

5 minutes ago, PinkyAndStinky said:

I don't trust it. He's been under fire for months due to allegations that he's a ped****e. Seems like he's jumping on the Free Britney bandwagon to distract the public from his bad press. 

Don't get me wrong -- It's good that politicians are drawing more attention to this issue. But Matt Gaetz is pretty problematic and pretty disliked across the US (as is QAnon supporter Marjorie Taylor Greene, who Gaetz also mentioned supporting the cause). I really don't want to see her get mixed up with the wrong people. Not only does he not have pure intentions, which could hurt Britney if she does accept his help, but it's not a good look for her to be associating with QAnon racists and pedophiles. Americans 100% will not take her seriously if she has any ties to those people.

At this point, I don’t care. She needs all the help she can get. We can crucify him later after he helps our girl. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, PinkyAndStinky said:

I don't trust it. He's been under fire for months due to allegations that he's a ped****e. Seems like he's jumping on the Free Britney bandwagon to distract the public from his bad press. 

Don't get me wrong -- It's good that politicians are drawing more attention to this issue. But Matt Gaetz is pretty problematic and pretty disliked across the US (as is QAnon supporter Marjorie Taylor Greene, who Gaetz also mentioned supporting the cause). I really don't want to see her get mixed up with the wrong people. Not only does he not have pure intentions, which could hurt Britney if she does accept his help, but it's not a good look for her to be associating with QAnon racists and pedophiles. Americans 100% will not take her seriously if she has any ties to those people.

thats the beauty of America. You have the freedom to dislike someone, you dont have to vote for them or like their policies, but you can still be ok with them supporting a cause you're passionate about. People need to stop being so worried about party lines and be happy that both sides seem to be on the same page that what is going on with Britney is wrong. the more people that we have talking about it, and in this case, the more people IN government trying to make changes, the better.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Martian_M00d said:

I think he's garbage, but if they actually bring her to congress to testify, I'm all for it. I'm all for people who I don't agree with to help the cause, even if it ends up being lip service. It just keeps the conversation going 

Exactly. As long as this stays in the public eye, they can’t touch her or do anything to her or they will be immediately implicated. 

• Like 2

I'm not US citizen, sooo... Can/does congress even overrule individual court cases? I mean this could be good in either way right? Britney could possibly tell even more and gain way more attention this time (not only for her but the whole conservatorship/guardian system), but would this affect her case in any way? :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: 

7 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

I'm not US citizen, sooo... Can/does congress even overrule individual court cases? I mean this could be good in either way right? Britney could possibly tell even more and gain way more attention this time (not only for her but the whole conservatorship/guardian system), but would this affect her case in any way? :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: 

If they propose a law on a national level, it would impact all conservatorship cases including Britney. Honestly, it seems like a long shot because it usually takes years to pass laws. However, the judge in this case has been so slow that this might actually benefit Brit

7 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

She should come to congress.

On that note though, Matt Gaetz is a creep and a perv and overall just... garbage. 

He’s being actively investigated for paying for s** with a minor and transporting (trafficking) said minor across state lines. He voted against an anti trafficking bill. I get that Britney is desperate but for the fans to just cling onto anyone who seemingly supports her, even if it’s a total political distraction,  is not a good look. If Hit**r said #FreeBritney these same fans would suddenly be screaming how awesome. All the members that have sponsored the invitation have awful reputations and awful circumstances surrounding them. People need to be careful so as not to make this fan base and this movement a total joke when questionable people start attaching their names to it for NO other reason than to politicize the case for their own personal benefit. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

Y’all hate him so much, but HE is the one standing up for Britney! :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

Political theatre is NOT standing up for someone. It’s NOT genuine. It’s political theatre. And the only people who can’t see that or who are disregarding that are fans. If you look on Twitter, the responses to him, it’s embarrassing. This is an embarrassment. His name should NOT be affiliated with the movement.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Hungry Hun said:

This guy is garbage... went out and about with minors and was being investigate for that. Wonder what happened.... :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

BUT...... if he's trying to clean his image by helping Britney I'm all here for that. The #FreeBritney movement have come a long way. Britney at the Congress? :qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy:

I hope so too. Just can't get over how much he looks like a Trump wannabe.

Guys… not him.

It’s not even about politics. He’s literally going to be arrested for s** trafficking. I almost think that he even knows this will go nowhere, but he’s exploiting the situation for his own political gain. I mean, look at the love he’s getting on these threads.

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think this will result in anything except casting doubt on the FreeBritney movement because of the crazies trying to take the helm.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

her testimony in Congress would be amazing, but not as long as her only legal counsel comes from Ingham. His disastrous handling of these afairs shows his not the right person for this sort of BIG spotlight and her coming utterly unprepared for such a hearing could actually do her more harm than good. Imagine her being bombarded with the most explicit and shameful questions without being properly prepared beforehand, fumbling going through it and not actually conveying clearly her message. Conclusion, as some said: Team Con would (as always) play dirty and use it against her and claim she's indeed susceptible to undue influence. Years and years of set back.

Now, let her hire a great lawyer and actually get proper counseling?
She would eat this up and destroy 'em before they even know it.  

14 hours ago, asitalian12587 said:

i dont think you gain clout by bringing attention to britney and conservatorship abuse as a whole but alright. i for one am happy that this is continuing to gain traction and continuing to be discussed at a governmental level.

The man is in the middle of a human trafficking scandal.. super creepy you quoted my original message after I actually read the articles about him inviting her to speak in front of congress & edited. Yikes