Expert says Britney’s plea hurt her legal efforts

While the world expressed horror at Britney’s treatment in her conservatorship, a lawyer weighed in stating that Britney’s plea will backfire legally 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/britney-spears-public-support-conservatorship-battle-may-not-mean-much-lawyers

"It just seems to me that her presentation to her court didn’t do herself any favors," said David Glass, a family law attorney with a doctorate in psychology. "The words came out like bullets. She shifted rapidly between thoughts and ideas. She also admitted to being depressed and crying all the time. I’m not her psychologist, but these are things that potentially point to being in the middle of mental illness."

:icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

He is right that everything she said points to being in the middle of mental illness, you don't need to be a psychologist to understand that or even expect that based on what she was telling. But it just doesn't ******* matter. People are allowed to be mentally ill without needing to kept in a cship. 

• Like 5

What a clown. Maybe he should look deeper into the case first and see there is no legal justification for the conservatorship in the first place. It’s a PROBATE conservatorship. It’s meant for the elderly. There is another type of conservatorship for mental health but the conservators wouldn’t make money off of it. 

But if it that were true the only thing that tells me is that the conservatorship isn't working if it was she wouldn't be like that so it's a catch 22. They can twist it how they want to fit their narrative bottom line conservatorships we're meant for mental illness patients. So he can kindly gtfo 🙄

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mannequin* said:

She was nervous and she had all of this crap inside her and she neeeded to say it ... offcourse she wouldn't sound calm and relaxed ? are you kidding me ? 

And her sole chance at that. They cut off all future hearings from the public and want everything sealed after she spoke. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, thebritmaster said:

''She also admitted to being depressed and crying all the time. I’m not her psychologist, but these are things that potentially point to being in the middle of mental illness."

:icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Right, because EVERYONE with a depression or mental illness needs a conservatorship.

\:jeanluc_ashamed_embarrassed_hide_facepalm_meme:

• Like 3

God this is all so sick and twisted. 

So she's the victim of ongoing long-term abuse yet has to come across as perfectly fine?

Imagine if someone had been held captive by their father for years and then found by the police, but they could only be let out if they proved they were absolutely fine. 

She needs to be set free without a mental exam. Her mental health is suffering BECAUSE of the situation she's in. You don't need to be a psychologist to see that.

• Like 9

Her testimony shows cship is not benefetting her health. That is important. Bc cship is there to protect her and her health. If it is not when they should free her for her own sake.

And she only went fast at the end. She prob was nervous. Any1 would considering the situation. I am proud of her. She spoke her mind and was heard. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, cillaward said:

God this is all so sick and twisted. 

So she's the victim of ongoing long-term abuse yet has to come across as perfectly fine?

Imagine if someone had been held captive by their father for years and then found by the police, but they could only be let out if they proved they were absolutely fine. 

She needs to be set free without a mental exam. Her mental health is suffering BECAUSE of the situation she's in.

It’s a trap. The other artists who were threatened with the possibility of a conservatorship left the country and they are just fine. 

I heard the whole thing and she sounded nervous just like I do, she did sound traumatized because she kept talking really fast as if afraid of being shut down. But also she sounded sane, coherent, cohesive, she brought forth arguments, she had a clear line of thinking to make her points. She researched things y'all couldn't (did she not have free internet access or documentation access?). She made analogies which y'all might have misunderstood but in context they were clear. She cros***amined her manager's testimony and pointed out the flaws.

She is perfectly an intelligent human being with anxiety.

• Like 5

No one cares. Mental illness does not justify having less rights than a child or a sewer rat (hi, Jamie Lynn).

Should her speech have been edited? Yes. Were the Paris and Miley references unnecessary? Yes. Did she repeat herself like 8 times? Yes. But it doesn't matter. The final piece of the puzzle was getting the general public on board by hearing Britney herself publicly speak on the matter, which she did.

Girl is probably dealing with PTSD, severe depression, and a plethora of other things, and I would trip over my words like that too if I had been bottling up my abuse for 13 years. She finally got the chance to speak up and knew she had to make the most of such an opportunity, so it's no wonder she got too excited. She wanted to make sure she said everything. We all heard her say that she'd love to stay on the phone with the Judge forever.

So what she should just hold everything in like she has done the last 13 years while everyone else around her can talk, have opinions and do shady things but Britney can’t? 

Gtf out of here. These people have got away with this too long. Yes she did come for them all and quite rightly so. Her lawyer is low key shady and he probably wasn’t expecting her to call him out too. Everyone is scared as she has a voice and now she isn’t afraid to use it

• Like 1

Well he’s an absolute idiot.  She’s crying and depressed BECAUSE of THIRTEEN YEARS of continued abused and loss of all freedoms.  Something the COURT did to her.  And guess what BRUH...people are ALLOWED to have mental illnesses and NOT be in a conservatorship.  Go suck a fat one.

• Like 1