Expert says Britney’s plea hurt her legal efforts

Britney performed well, given the circumstances of life in slavery. I once appeared in court and was in such a terrible state that I burst into tears, I was shaking all over from stress and resentment. But Britney was able to tell everything she wanted, she coped and was not afraid. That's why Britney was on top!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ♔ monalisaney ♚ said:

You said "everything that she said". What did she say besides "I'm depressed?"

Didn't she also mention being scared of small spaces? I wouldn't be surprised if she had PTSD triggers related to claustrophobia or something.

I guess we shouldn't speculate, but being all hush-hush about it and expecting her to be totally fine after 13 years of abuse doesn't help the stigma around mental illness either.

16 minutes ago, mangotango said:

Mood disorders like depression counts as a mental illness, no? She admitted herself she is depressed. 

Depression and Being Depressed are 2 different things 

Anyone can be depressed, it’s a normal emotion we all experience

Clinical Depression is when your body is chemically imbalanced

britney described her horror of a life, and then said she is DEPRESSED due to her life

She did not say she is suffering from Depression 

She said she is suffering from the ABUSE!

1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Didn't she also mention being scared of small spaces? I wouldn't be surprised if she had PTSD triggers related to claustrophobia or something.

I guess we shouldn't speculate, but being all hush-hush about it and expecting her to be totally fine after 13 years of abuse doesn't help the stigma around mental illness either.

Forgot about that. And it's not about stigma, it's about this idiot doctor bringing up a talking point that is irrelevant and baseless to pray upon people that don't know anything about grave mental illness and since "mental illness is a hot topic right he used that for attention. Of course nobody gonna tell him not no bring it up because it would be "stigmatizing" but that is not the case since it doen't even matter in this context. He is taking advantage of that and now people will be like "I guess he is doctor and he thinks she should be in a conservatorship". His point is irrelevant, baseless and it's a disgrace that he is doing psychology professional such a diservice. I'm pissed at this.

When I get nervous, I also speak incredibly fast and lose my thought along the way due to anxiety. Does that mean I'm mentally incapacitated and should be under a conservatorship? Clearly not. 

Now imagine going through what Brtiney experienced for the last 13 years, with the constant gaslighting and mockery that made herself question her own sanity and rationality, to the point that she thinks nobody will treat her seriously; who wouldn't get nervous about that? Especially as she was facing the perpetrators all alone in there. There should have been an immediate intervention to protect Britney because she clearly didn't feel safe from her team and family. But the judge didn't do anything to immediately protect her. ******* disgusting tbh 

1 minute ago, Britman512 said:

Depression and Being Depressed are 2 different things 

Anyone can be depressed, it’s a normal emotion we all experience

Clinical Depression is when your body is chemically imbalanced

britney described her horror of a life, and then said she is DEPRESSED due to her life

She did not say she is suffering from Depression 

Depends on who you ask, a lot of people (myself included) will simply say "I'm depressed" to talk about actually suffering from depression. In articles and academia there is more care in choosing words, but otherwise it is very much just how a person chooses to express themselves.

But I take your point, doesn't mean for sure she was saying she is suffering from depression. My main point was really more though that if she is (or anything else), I think that would not exactly cause me to raise an eyebrow considering what she has gone through (and still is) and most importantly, it is a moot point to argue in favor of a cship because of it. 

8 minutes ago, Lunch Sveta said:

Britney performed well, given the circumstances of life in slavery. I once appeared in court and was in such a terrible state that I burst into tears, I was shaking all over from stress and resentment. But Britney was able to tell everything she wanted, she coped and was not afraid. That's why Britney was on top!

It’s very impressive for someone with dementia to memorize 90 minutes of choreography for over 250 straight shows. Lol I can’t believe team con had the nerve to label her as having dementia

9 minutes ago, Hugo said:

When I get nervous, I also speak incredibly fast and lose my thought along the way due to anxiety.

I wouldn't even dare to say that I have anxiety, yet my eyes start watering, and I crumble under the smallest bit of pressure and confrontation. Like, I turn super red and my eyes water when I speak up in class and can tell the professor doesn't fully agree with me, so Britney speaking up and exposing 13 years of abuse so assertively is extremely commendable.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Applejack said:

I heard the whole thing and she sounded nervous just like I do, she did sound traumatized because she kept talking really fast as if afraid of being shut down. But also she sounded sane, coherent, cohesive, she brought forth arguments, she had a clear line of thinking to make her points. She researched things y'all couldn't (did she not have free internet access or documentation access?). She made analogies which y'all might have misunderstood but in context they were clear. She cros***amined her manager's testimony and pointed out the flaws.

She is perfectly an intelligent human being with anxiety.

To me she speaked very clearly. Not fast. (I even didn't understant the judge saying her at the beginning to speak slower because that thought never crossed my mind).

I speak fast haha so she was really articulate, I don't get how anyone can say she spoke fast, she sounded very professional. English is not my first language and understood everything perfectly.

2 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I wouldn't even dare to say that I have anxiety, yet my eyes start watering, and I crumble under the smallest bit of pressure and confrontation. Like, I get super red and my eyes water when I speak up in class and can tell the professor doesn't fully agree with me, so Britney speaking up and exposing 13 years of abuse so assertively is extremely commendable.

And that is just with your professor. What more if someone faces their abusers? The fact she was even able to talk in there without breaking into tears shows how mentally strong she is. She should be proud of herself. 

1 minute ago, Hugo said:

And that is just with your professor. What more if someone faces their abusers? The fact she was even able to talk in there without breaking into tears shows how mentally strong she is. She should be proud of herself. 

Right? Like holy ****. That seems like the hardest thing to do. 

• Like 1

some people seem to miss the point. Britney very clearly struggles with her mental health. yes, parts of her speech seemed frantic and scattered. She was nervous and has been stripped down as a person. She didn’t deny having mental health problems. As she said, the conservatorship has done more harm then good. Being mentally ill doesn’t need to equal a prison sentence. Have her work with a life coach to get her familiar with day to day responsibilities that will help her mental health. Treating a grown woman like a child hasn’t helped her in 13 years. 

Just now, PZHSB said:

some people seem to miss the point. Britney very clearly struggles with her mental health. yes, parts of her speech seemed frantic and scattered. She was nervous and has been stripped down as a person. She didn’t deny having mental health problems. As she said, the conservatorship has done more harm then good. Being mentally ill doesn’t need to equal a prison sentence. Have her work with a life coach to get her familiar with day to day responsibilities that will help her mental health. Treating a grown woman like a child hasn’t helped her in 13 years. 

They make her feel as if she was DEAD. Like she’s not a valid human being.