Expert says Britney’s plea hurt her legal efforts

Where did this "psychologist" get his degree, cause I'm a psychologist and I interpreted her as being nervous. Maybe he should be less trigger happy when throwing around "mental illness". What does that even mean? Does he mean depression? Anxiety? What does that have to do with a cship? And by the way "doctor" if you knew anything about capacity you would know that if somebody is incapacitated to the point of needing a cship they would NOT be able to communicate to the level that Britney does! This is so infuriating! I do evaluation very week and these evaluation take less than 3 consultations, so the fact that this could all be over SO FAST is disturbing.

25 minutes ago, rennen said:

This is the first time she has spoken publicly about this in 13 years. Of course she was nervous. All things considered she came across well, in my opinion. 

Nervous, understandbly so, but she was passionate and coherent while showing strength and courage.

Either way, mental illness does not justify a conservatorship. He needs to do his research. 

End of discussion!!

30 minutes ago, thebritmaster said:

While the world expressed horror at Britney’s treatment in her conservatorship, a lawyer weighed in stating that Britney’s plea will backfire legally 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/britney-spears-public-support-conservatorship-battle-may-not-mean-much-lawyers

"It just seems to me that her presentation to her court didn’t do herself any favors," said David Glass, a family law attorney with a doctorate in psychology. "The words came out like bullets. She shifted rapidly between thoughts and ideas. She also admitted to being depressed and crying all the time. I’m not her psychologist, but these are things that potentially point to being in the middle of mental illness."

:icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

So his point is that a victim should stay quiet? Did he not listen to a word she said? 

26 minutes ago, mangotango said:

He is right that everything she said points to being in the middle of mental illness, you don't need to be a psychologist to understand that or even expect that based on what she was telling. But it just doesn't ******* matter. People are allowed to be mentally ill without needing to kept in a cship. 

What mental illness?? I would like to know???

1. This is derivered from an obsolete view that think people with mental illness should be deprived from their rights and locked away;

2. She was understandbly nervous because she was confronting all her family and all people that has been closed and controlling her for the past 13 years, including people that was participating in the call, anyone would nervous in this situation;

3. She's depressed BECAUSE OF the cship, not the other way around. That's exactly what she said, that the treatment she was put under traumatized her. 

1 minute ago, ♔ monalisaney ♚ said:

You said "everything that she said". What did she say besides "I'm depressed?"

I meant that anyone, psychologist or not, could reasonably expect that someone who has suffered through all the things she told about would suffer from some kind of mental illness (like depression) as a result. As in, who the hell wouldn't be depressed or what else from living through the hell she has lived through. As in, the conditions she are living under are what are causing or at the very least strongly contributing to her experiencing any potential mental illness. And, that it is a dumb thing to bring up to justify a cship either way. Depression or any other mental illness does not require a damn cship.

I’m not her psychologist, but these are things that potentially point to being in the middle of mental illness."

Oh alright, she has a mental illness so she loses all her freedoms and control over her money, career, body, etc. I have generalized anxiety disorder, where’s my conservatorship?

2 minutes ago, mangotango said:

I meant that anyone, psychologist or not, could reasonably expect that someone who has suffered through all the things she told about would suffer from some kind of mental illness (like depression) as a result. As in, who the hell wouldn't be depressed or what else from living through the hell she has lived through. As in, the conditions she are living under are what are causing or at the very least strongly contributing to her experiencing any potential mental illness. And, that it is a dumb thing to bring up to justify a cship either way. Depression or any other mental illness does not require a damn cship.

I see. It is a very irrelevant point though. The fact this idiot "psychologist" (yeah right) even said this triggered me.

2 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I’m not her psychologist, but these are things that potentially point to being in the middle of mental illness."

Oh alright, she has a mental illness so she loses all her freedoms and control over her money, career, body, etc. I have generalized anxiety disorder, where’s my conservatorship?

Meee too girl!!:cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile: 
Was this lawyer planted by team con?

• Like 1