Facebook, Instagram AND Twitter ban Donald Trump

2 minutes ago, Turogue said:

https://reason.com/2021/01/07/antifa-violence-trump-capitol-riot/

The blame for what happened at DC lies on Trump and his supporters, to hell with it needs to be shared. Everyone can see right through you.

"Paxton's sentiments were echoed by other pro-Trump figures, including Rep. Matt Gaetz (R–Fla.), Rep. Mo Brooks (R–Ala.), and the conspiracist attorney L. Lin Wood, who touted "indisputable photographic evidence that antifa violently broke into Congress today." This assertion, like Wood's previous claims that Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts is part of a ********* cabal and that Vice President Mike Pence will face execution by firing squad, is wrong, as are all other claims that antifa was responsible for the Capitol riot.

For one thing, this isn't antifa's m.o. Antifa protesters typically use "black bloc" tactics: They dress in black and conceal their faces with masks and hoods. Individuals will quickly smash windows and set fires, then blend back into a crowd of similarly dressed people. They don't aim to get caught.

The people who stormed the Capitol, by contrast, were captured in numerous photos and videos. Their faces are easily identifiable. Many are obviously sincere Trump supporters associated with the far right. Several of them, including "groyper" leaders Nick Fuentes and Baked Alaska, are well-known to the media by now. The woman who was sadly killed by police under circumstances that require further investigation was genuinely pro-Trump. The guy who sat in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's chair and stole her mail is definitely not antifa, nor is the half-naked fur-and-horns guy. This latter individual is named Jake Angeli, and he is a conspiracy theorist—the self-stylized "Q Shaman"—who has appeared at multiple Trump rallies."

Agreed, the one's who claim Antifa was in the Capitol are delusional. I've never claimed this. I know about all of this. Also, the thing about the supposedly commie tattoo, it was a symbol from the game "Dishonored". Cringeworthy! If only people checked their sources...

Look, I'm not going to have this discussion with you. You don't know me, and you keep misrepresenting me.

Take care! Challenge your own views now and then, it will set you free!

2 hours ago, floopy22 said:

I get so mad how PoC and LGBT Trump-supporters/Republicans are dehumanized and belittled for their political affiliation (e.g. Blaire White, Candace Owens, Brandon Straka, "Diamond & Silk" aka. Lynnette Hardaway and Rochelle Richardson, the list goes on...).

:bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:preach. I still remember the newscasters that commented something like "well obviously they didn't know what they were voting for" aimed at black people who voted Republican (as if "Black", or "White", or "LGBTQ" has to be a hivemind)

5 minutes ago, Easy There said:

That ain't happening,and these kind of delyded,conspiracy like statements keep proving the fact that majorityof Trump supporters are mentallyI Iill and in need of professional help.

With that being said I will not loose any sleep even if that happens

tenor.gif

It is going to happen. People who survived communism have warned of this. And... you just proved my point.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

I disagree. Our society was built because of having to think over feeling at certain times.

If we don't think and just feel, we're just animals. Animals can be very cruel and selfish.

It's a tough balance. If we only feel, we would be selfish and couldn't empathize with others. I see a lot of this today. There is a lot of fake and shallow empathy with the purpose of only bringing self-gratification and popularity.

If we don't think we couldn't make the tough, but necessary decisions because it felt awful. People cause immense suffering all the time because they make the easy choice, and by easy I don't mean the selfish choice.

/Edit: I agree though that people don't tend to think for themselves. It's easier to believe something, especially if it's a popular belief or if it's simple and doesn't challenge pre-concieved ideas. That is where feelings come in. People tend to believe the things that feels better, or takes away the bad feelings (responsibility, guilt and expectations).

I never said to stop thinking entirely. Just not to be overcome by thought all of the time. Let a genuine feeling come through once in awhile and learn to value and recognise that. Genuine feelings are visceral, they are instinctual.

Most people don’t know how they feel about a lot or things. Because they have to think first. It’s not the same.

And, Im not referring to emotions (or empathy) either. Which are often subconscious and we have no control over. That’s when thought is required to balance that.

I’m referring to a conscious feeling. Like intuition which is a gut feeling. This is what we’ve lost. That’s why I said too much thought (not no thought) stops the body (gut) from feeling.

1 minute ago, U_WannaLiveFancy said:

:bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:preach. I still remember the newscasters that commented something like "well obviously they didn't know what they were voting for" aimed at black people who voted Republican (as if "Black", or "White", or "LGBTQ" has to be a hivemind)

It's extremely condecending. They're the ones who keep going on about the systematic oppression narrative, but then dare to tell someone they're not worthy of thinking for themselves.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

Wow... the queen of democracy, mass idol asking for censorship, taking the dictator role. Curious? No, it's just new type of marketing. 

Wow. I wish next politicians generation to be better.

Here we go.

She’s not calling for censorship per se. 

Any deluded fool can go on SM and say what they like. That will remain. Rejoice.

She’s talking about accountability, responsibility and power.

Trump abused power. Deflected accountability. And refused to take any responsibility whatsoever. 

She’s calls for what’s only fair at this point.

The damage had been done. It’s time to prevent more from happening.

He’s a big child. And at this point he needs to learn his lesson and grow up.

“Go to your room, you’re grounded” Michelle Obama literally  

She’s being a mom not a dictator 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

I never said to stop thinking entirely. Just not to be overcome by thought all of the time. Let a genuine  feeling come through once in awhile and learn to value and recognise that. Genuine feelings are visceral, they are instinctual.

Most people don’t know how they feel about a lot or things. Because they have to think first. It’s not the same.

And, Im not referring to emotions (or empathy) either Which are often subconscious and we have no control over. That’s when thought is required to balance that.

I’m referring to a conscious feeling. Like intuition which is a gut feeling. This is what we’ve lost. The guy feeling. That’s why I said too much thought (not no thought) stops the body (guy) from feeling.

Maybe I misunderstood you a bit. I don't exactly agree with your instinctual/visceral feelings point, they tend to be primarily selfish in my opinion.

If we're gonna take this to a political context. People tend to primarily "feel" when they learn about my political views. And by feel, I mean anger/hate.

But, the thing is I don't when it comes to politics. If I feel, I've either let hate be a driving factor or I let emotion pick the easy reasoning/world view.

There is a time and place for feelings. But it shouldn't be the first place to go. Feelings is for reflection, to be emphatic when analyzing your thoughts.

And this extends to those I disagree with. I have to at least try to empathize with them.

2 hours ago, floopy22 said:

I agree with you, his attitude that there's no way he could lose was stupid. No, he couldn't know that. And he claiming such was frankly embarrassing.

However, Biden was the weakest democratic candidate ever. He got so much more votes than both Obama or Hillary, which is just ridiculously unrealistic. Voter turnout was WAY above normal in swing states, which is also strange. It doesn't add up, and deserves an honest investigation. These states are know historically to have had extensive voter fraud.

Ridiculously unreleastic? Have you thought about the fact that there are people who voted for Biden simply because they were against Trump. I know plenty of people who did just that. Trump is dead set on destroying our democracy and turning our country into fascist Germany in the 1930s.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

Agreed, the one's who claim Antifa was in the Capitol are delusional. I've never claimed this. I know about all of this. Also, the thing about the supposedly commie tattoo, it was a symbol from the game "Dishonored". Cringeworthy! If only people checked their sources...

Look, I'm not going to have this discussion with you. You don't know me, and you keep misrepresenting me.

Take care! Challenge your own views now and then, it will set you free!

Guess what I am free, because I go by serious evidence and I'm not trapped in a cult unlike you who keeps posting debunked claims. So much for challenge your own views.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Here we go.

She’s not calling for censorship per se. 

Any deluded fool can go SM and say what they like. That will remain. Rejoice.

She’s talking about accountability, responsibility and power.

Trump abused power. Deflected accountability. And refused to take any responsibility whatsoever. 

She’s calls for what’s only fair at this point.

The damage had been done. It’s time to prevent more from happening.

He’s a big child. And at this point he needs to learn his lesson and grow up.

“Go to your room, you’re grounded for life”

Perhaps. I'm not gonna make a point in the case of Trump, because I honestly don't know enough what it means in a constitutional/legal context.

But who decides what responsibility for speech is? This seems very conflicting to the idea of free speech. There are many laws that deal with limiting speech already.

I think people are afraid of censorship because people have legit been censored for speech that do not violate any laws (threats, incitement, defamation etc). And by censored, I don't mean banned from social media. Yes, there is a debate to be had regarding their role as a platform/utility and the protections it gives these companies.

I'm talking about people who have lost their jobs, defamed and had their lives ruined. This doesn't only happen to "****s" or others who can be easily labeled as evil.

We all know what cancel culture is, and I bet most of us here have seen it taken too far. This is a slippery slope and it should be worrying when people with extreme power starts talking about limiting speech, regardless if it's wrapped up in words like "responsibility", "consequences" or "accountability".

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

Maybe I misunderstood you a bit. I don't exactly agree with your instinctual/visceral feelings point, they tend to be primarily selfish in my opinion.

If we're gonna take this to a political context. People tend to primarily "feel" when they learn about my political views. And by feel, I mean anger/hate.

But, the thing is I don't when it comes to politics. If I feel, I've either let hate be a driving factor or I let emotion pick the easy reasoning/world view.

There is a time and place for feelings. But it shouldn't be the first place to go. Feelings is for reflection, to be emphatic when analyzing your thoughts.

And this extends to those I disagree with. I have to at least try to empathize with them.

Selfish or just personal? Isn’t that the issue not owning your feelings that are yours and not a socially conditioned reaction.

anger and hate is too extreme. Why does it need to extreme. Your generalising that being extremist is normal. Hatred (or dislike) is a feeling that can cause anger which is a reaction. A emotional response. 

We are getting sidetracked here.

When I’m saying people thoughts hijack their genuine feelings, I mean that they use what they have been conditioned to think (by religion or society) as well as their learned reactions (they see in tv or from family members)and subconscious referrals (their own fears and traumas) to decide how they “feel”. these are not real feelings

What I believe is that if this hijacking wasn’t so prevalent people would realise that they actually don’t feel “much” at all when it comes to issues like gay marriage because they don’t care. They would be fine wit it. But they have been brainwashed to care as if it’s some abomination.

If their instincts were intact they would see through the bullsh-it conditioning in the first instance, and not only be able to think for them selves but just as importantly genuinely feel for them selves also. 

There is nothing selfish about that. Because you are not prioritising other peoples views, thoughts or feelings over your own. Which is what Trump supporters do. They just don’t know it.

11 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

Ridiculously unreleastic? Have you thought about the fact that there are people who voted for Biden simply because they were against Trump. I know plenty of people who did just that. Trump is dead set on destroying our democracy and turning our country into fascist Germany in the 1930s.

Yes, that did occur to me. I think it's highly possible Biden did legitimately win. I do however think that leaving half the voter base not trusting the legitimacy of the election process is devastating to democracy. This should be a high priority to resolve for all parties.

Yeah, it's probably annoying having the losing side objecting to the result of the election, but democrats have done this too. Many times, in fact. The democrats are honestly looking very guilty just by the defiance to what is supposed to be a normal thing in a democracy (transparency).

5 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

Perhaps. I'm not gonna make a point in the case of Trump, because I honestly don't know enough what it means in a constitutional/legal context.

But who decides what responsibility for speech is? This seems very conflicting to the idea of free speech. There are many laws that deal with limiting speech already.

I think people are afraid of censorship because people have legit been censored for speech that do not violate any laws (threats, incitement, defamation etc). And by censored, I don't mean banned from social media. Yes, there is a debate to be had regarding their role as a platform/utility and the protections it gives these companies.

I'm talking about people who have lost their jobs, defamed and had their lives ruined. This doesn't only happen to "****s" or others who can be easily labeled as evil.

We all know what cancel culture is, and I bet most of us here have seen it taken too far. This is a slippery slope and it should be worrying when people with extreme power starts talking about limiting speech, regardless if it's wrapped up in words like "responsibility", "consequences" or "accountability".

Not taking about responsibility for speech just not taking any responsibility at all for his actions and decisions and everything in between 

Responsibility for speech is a social rule that humans and especially political figures generally abide by, doesn’t mean they have to. 

society  as a whole matters, it’s how humans evolved. And society is an entropic system. Always moving towards chaos. Which means at some point things need to be “clipped”

41 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

I tried telling that to a number of Trump supporters once. No chance. That’s why they are convinced the Dems cheated. 

14 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

Yes, that did occur to me. I think it's highly possible Biden did legitimately win. I do however think that leaving half the voter base not trusting the legitimacy of the election process is devastating to democracy. This should be a high priority to resolve for all parties.

Yeah, it's probably annoying having the losing side objecting to the result of the election, but democrats have done this too. Many times, in fact. The democrats are honestly looking very guilty just by the defiance to what is supposed to be a normal thing in a democracy (transparency).

Ok but it was Trump who left people doubting the election process. He is the sole source of the election fraud allegations. Democrats claimed there was Russian meddling in 2016... which there WAS backed up factual, credible proof... proof is what Trump nor his comrades ever had. 

The Democrats look guilty HOW? Like what are you talking about? 

There were lawsuits upon lawsuits followed by court dates where every judge in every state continued to shut down the allegations because of lack of evidence. I mean COME ON. Republicans spend all day projecting and whining BUT BUT BUT THE DEMOCRATS THIS THE DEMOCRATS THAT I mean, this has been building up for four years. Trump riled up his fanbase until they turned into fanatical cult members who would die for their leader. If you can’t see that, you’re blind.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block