Facebook, Instagram AND Twitter ban Donald Trump

2 hours ago, U_WannaLiveFancy said:

I dislike internet censorship in general, so I disapprove.

Trump followers arguing online over the last few years should be tolerated since it's part of democratic discourse. I assume that the legit radical crazies storming DC recently are to trump voters what the jihadist terrorist attackers (planes, trucks in Sweden/France, that bombing in Belgium 2016...) are to average muslims.  Worst case scenario is that this decision somehow radicalizes Trumpets even further, the censorship being taken as final "proof" of "the system" silencing them "out of fear", having been against them all along  and so on.

Yup. The big platforms are not the only platforms that exist. Theyll move to somewhere like Minds which in theory has ok policies but it's a hive of radical right wing wasps. 

They've already talked about leaving mainstream social media and mark my words they'll make good on it and get crazier and more entrenched in their toxic ideology because of it. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

Wrong. Social media have legal protections because they are considered platforms, much like telephone companies. If they censor, they are behaving as a publisher and must be liable for the content. They also are monopolies in many cases, and thus are the defacto "public square". If you are banned on social media, you are severely limited in your speech.

well, that's a way to see it, but there's always many other alternatives in the internet, if that's where people want to be heard. I don't know when a social media becomes that important, but what I know is that they're always getting replaced by something else as time goes on, so I don't really know why people obsess so much with them. Like, for example, I'm still on Facebook, because that's more of my time, but if you hear younger people in here and outside, they're barely there and opt for other places like Instagram or TikTok, and in a few more years, there's gonna be something else, and so on. 

"Banned" people can create their own social networks / apps free of rules, they can use forums, they can use whatever else they want and no one will censor their speech there. I still believe, even the media has the right to decide what to publish or not, like how many channels won't put adult content in their programming, or won't play the Work ***** video until a certain hour of the date lol etc. 

One may want to be listened to by the masses, but we also need to hear the rest of the people if they're interested in listening to certain kind of people or ideas. 

50 minutes ago, Korb said:

So you're prfinest 2.0.:roxxy:

Jesus. The fascist really has done so much damage. The brainwashing runs rampant.

Did it ever occur to you that you might be the one who's brainwashed?

Are you easily offended? Do you react emotionally to people who disagree with you politically? Then it's possible YOU are brainwashed.

The world isn't black and white. The truth isn't always pretty. Your failures isn't always someone else's fault.

Do you even know what 'fascist' means?

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I miss when people could think for themselves. 

Do you guys always go back to the sheeple insults? It’s so boring at this point.

Calling all media fake just proves your brain is the size of a pea. Trump literally started this ‘fake news’ name calling because he wanted to discredit anything that opposed him.

Media is manipulative, for sure, but it’s certainly not fake. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

Do you guys always go back to the sheeple insults? It’s so boring at this point.

Calling all media fake just proves your brain is the size of a pea. Trump literally started this ‘fake news’ name calling because he wanted to discredit anything that opposed him.

Media is manipulative, for sure, but it’s certainly not fake. 

Okay, Jan. :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

9 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

You know...since we are getting technical, these platforms that profit from advertisers should be required to pay their content providers...I.E. Us lol

that was the idea of Famos, the ones from the Famos surprise.

The goal of this company, which was owned in part by Jason Trawick if I'm not mistaken, was to encourage fans of something, like Britney Spears for example, to talk about an upcoming concert or album or song, create a chain of shared posts about it that would link to the app store or the ticket store, and every time it spread, the user would actually get paid for doing that promotion. Their goal was to pay users of this app / website, instead of advertisers. The more they talked about something or shared something, the more money they would earn. 

They were literally ahead of their time, because not too long after that was when all the artists and companies started to have their official Facebook pages, and basically, official accounts on any other social media platform. However, as we know, they pay advertisers that pollute our screens with obnoxious ads instead of paying us, and well, I don't know how sustainable the Famos business model was, but at least they seemed to have had the best intentions for the user.

Sadly, they were never able to kick off, and went bankrupt before they even started. I remember the Rolling Stones had something to do with it, they were among the artists listed to be part of this Famos thing, and I remember I read that they did or didn't do something, that was vastly responsible of the doom of Famos, but I don't remember what it was :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

well, that's a way to see it, but there's always many other alternatives in the internet, if that's where people want to be heard. I don't know when a social media becomes that important, but what I know is that they're always getting replaced by something else as time goes on, so I don't really know why people obsess so much with them. Like, for example, I'm still on Facebook, because that's more of my time, but if you hear younger people in here and outside, they're barely there and opt for other places like Instagram or TikTok, and in a few more years, there's gonna be something else, and so on. 

"Banned" people can create their own social networks / apps free of rules, they can use forums, they can use whatever else they want and no one will censor their speech there. I still believe, even the media has the right to decide what to publish or not, like how many channels won't put adult content in their programming, or won't play the Work ***** video until a certain hour of the date lol etc. 

One may want to be listened to by the masses, but we also need to hear the rest of the people if they're interested in listening to certain kind of people or ideas. 

Social media DO NOT follow the same laws as traditional media, how many times do I need to say this? Many even get government funding (Google). Yeah, that went well for Gab. Blocked by Google Play/Apple App Store, taken down and banned by web service providers and payment processors (Their terms of usage followed US laws, and they did remove/ban illegal content). This is known as oligopoly/collusion and it is illegal.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

Social media DO NOT follow the same laws as traditional media, how many times do I need to say this? Many even get government funding (Google). Yeah, that went well for Gab. Blocked by Google Play/Apple App Store, taken down and banned by web service providers and payment processors (Their terms of usage followed US laws, and they did remove/ban illegal content). This is known as oligopoly/collusion and it is illegal.

so then what do you suggest? To get rid of all the social media, or to make it completely free of censorship of any kind and let people spread al the bs they want, even if it is harmful for society?

I think any social media, or traditional media, app store or whatever, has the right, and not just the right but the obligation to get to a point where ethics have to be put before any business model or freedom of speech. If they're seeing people are using their platforms for something they don't condone and not only that, but is actually causing a real damage to society, why do they need to keep allowing that?  Even putting digital media aside, the actual freedom of speech or association that people have, freedom in general, is as big as it's allowed by the rights of others. If that speech or association starts harming others, threatening their safety or integrity, then that isn't freedom anymore, that's harassment, that's perhaps a crime depending of what they're doing, and it needs to be controlled and punished, but most importantly, damage needs to be prevented, instead of waiting until it reaches the worst consequences to take action.

If extremists' apps are getting blocked on mobile stores, then go use desktop based applications or whatever. There's always a way. All these companies are still that, companies, and they have to ensure the majority of their clients are safe and ok, even if that implies getting rid of a small population. Like I don't understand why someone or a group would insist to be in a place where they're constantly banned or censored because is clearly not in favor of their ideals. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

so then what do you suggest? To get rid of all the social media, or to make it completely free of censorship of any kind and let people spread al the bs they want, even if it is harmful for society?

I think any social media, or traditional media, app store or whatever, has the right, and not just the right but the obligation to get to a point where ethics have to be put before any business model or freedom of speech. If they're seeing people are using their platforms for something they don't condone and not only that, but is actually causing a real damage to society, why do they need to keep allowing that?  Even putting digital media aside, the actual freedom of speech or association that people have, freedom in general, is as big as it's allowed by the rights of others. If that speech or association starts harming others, threatening their safety or integrity, then that isn't freedom anymore, that's harassment, that's perhaps a crime depending of what they're doing, and it needs to be controlled and punished, but most importantly, damage needs to be prevented, instead of waiting until it reaches the worst consequences to take action.

If extremists' apps are getting blocked on mobile stores, then go use desktop based applications or whatever. There's always a way. All these companies are still that, companies, and they have to ensure the majority of their clients are safe and ok, even if that implies getting rid of a small population. Like I don't understand why someone or a group would insist to be in a place where they're constantly banned or censored because is clearly not in favor of their ideals. 

Then they should act like a publisher and not a platform! This is as much the fault of goverments that subsidize them/give them legal protections. Do you not realize how ridiculous you sound? Remember, there was a time when gays were excluded from society and asked to go away. You are asking for companies to be subsidized by the state in oppressing a large portion of its citizens. This is what it boils down to, no matter how you twist and turn it.

1 hour ago, floopy22 said:

Did it ever occur to you that you might be the one who's brainwashed?

Are you easily offended? Do you react emotionally to people who disagree with you politically? Then it's possible YOU are brainwashed.

The world isn't black and white. The truth isn't always pretty. Your failures isn't always someone else's fault.

Do you even know what 'fascist' means?

the "no u" response and the projecting :roxxy:
Anyway.
Trump shows classical signs of fascist behavior, on top of being an obvious terrorist.

Sounds like you have profound knowledge about what fascism actually is, so let's hear it. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Korb said:

the "no u" response and the projecting :roxxy:
Anyway.
Trump shows classical signs of fascist behavior, on top of being an obvious terrorist.

Sounds like you have profound knowledge about what fascism actually is, so let's hear it. 

Fascist behavior? It's a political ideology, not a personality disorder!

Trump may be an obnoxious narcissist. But it still doesn't changed the fact that he did a lot for the American working class. Call him a populist if you will, and try not to sound like a complete corporate shill.

Fascism is totally incompatible with the American constitution and especially with the party that tends to honor it.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, PrettyGorl said:

You’re right. That’s very mature of you I wish I could be more like you. I can’t help but feel so angry at people who are completely oblivious to the political theatre we are watching rn. People play right into the traps these powerful people are setting. I believe people will come together eventually, but it could possibly be too late to get our old lives back.

Things will never go “back to normal”. Media and technology have rap3d the human spirit and ego way too deeply..we are far too gone. The only way to fix it is to flush it all away. Far too much corruption has occurred. 

Don’t be angry at your brothers and sisters - they are just ignorant and misguided. No need to get your own emotions wrapped in. The only way to conquer anger is with understanding. You’ll get there. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

After yesterday’s events, these clowns will do anything to keep Trump in power. They don’t give a rat’s *** if they perjured themselves. Like this proves anything. What about the 2016 election? 

Look, I am just sharing info. 2016 was never proven to be rigged and they investigated for 4 years almost.  They refuse to investigate this one so far. Voters have a right to give testimony on the alleged abuses they experienced. 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block