Facebook, Instagram AND Twitter ban Donald Trump

1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I completely agree with that but what I am getting at is that with social media Mark has unleashed pandoras box. Conspiracies already existed before social media and mark gave them a free platform to push their agendas.

Trump is the product of the social construct that is Social Media. 

Trump is a social construct of the ignorance of people that voted for him, but I don't wanna get into that :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away: 

And yeah, there are many things that keep spreading on social media, like anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, etc, even Trump himself these past years, while censoring FreeBritney posts, but I think the last straw was this, because in this time nothing similar had happened before: a violence act, where people died, that is interfering with the election process / transition of government, that was encouraged by him, and where he showed no regret of the consequences. 

I suppose Mark is in a similar situation as Jordan has been in this forum, the dilemma between letting everyone in, and do their thing, and express their minds, but then things start to get serious, people start to get hurt, and that's when measures need to be applied :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I'm not defending social media or something, because as I said on another thread about örnhub being forced to remove millions of videos because of the accusations of allowing videos "activities" without consent, so they removed anything that wasn't uploaded from a verified account, adult websites always get all the scrutiny, but social media gets away with a lot of stuff. Not only in terms of "adult activity" but we always hear of people livestreaming suicides or ******* or other gross stuff on social media, so yeah, they still have a lot to do. 

But at least this time they're acting accordingly to Trump's actions, because not only the magnitude of what happened, but the position he's in. He's no influencer or celebrity, he's the president of the most powerful country in the world. 

As you say, conspiracists have existed since before social media, and will keep existing without it. Actually, for what I read in some news site, they have these forums or something where they were planning and celebrating yesterday's attack. Facebook, Twitter, Exhale or whatever can apply the "censorship" rules that they find appropriate to their brand and purpose, as any real life business, like a store or restaurant, will reserve the right to allow certain people in or not. It's up to the users to stay in or leave if they don't like it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

So you didn't believe Britney when she said the media was exaggerating in 2005? You are team con?

Yes, the media was not nice to him since day one (i remember empty space during his first speech lol which was not real at all) but it's his decision to cry about it or prove them wrong. 

And here we are... :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

4 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

Yes, the media was not nice to him since day one (i remember empty space during his first speech lol which was not real at all) but it's his decision to cry about it or prove them wrong. 

And here we are... :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

It is unfortunate that you are bullied when trying to refute the media. Makes you wonder what their job really is meant to be in America...to bring TRUTH to power or to bring a NARRATIVE to power?

• Love 2
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, BabkaAutorka said:

You really think hate, fake news, people that want to take away your freedom, gore etc. should be allowed on social media because it's ''free speech'' and there's totally nothing wrong with that ''it hurts so many people it can takes so many lives but whatever, it's called freedom!!!!!!!!!''?! This is not what freedom is about. Can't believe you guys are that way wow 

So basically, your idea of freedom is... taking away other people's freedom? Your lack of self awareness is hilarious.

There are laws that co-exist with and limits freedom of speech, such as: obscenity, child ****ography, incitement to lawless action, credible threats of violence, libel/slander, intellectual property violation etc.

"Hate" IS free speech, "fake news" IS free speech. Who gets to decide what is fake news? Actual scientists are being censored and their work is labeled fake news, because someone with influence was offended. No, I'm not talking about the self proclaimed, 5G/anti-vaxx-type "scientists". These people are easily refuted in an open debate and a society where critical thinking is taught and valued.

Who decides what is hate? You are allowed to not like something, but when is it hate? Freedom of speech is not just the right to speak, but it also a responsibility to not infringe on other's right to speak. Everyone has the choice to not listen to speech that offends them (this assumes the speech is public of course).

• Love 1
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Yeah.  I feel like my main goal as an American right now is to de-escalate the tensions between Americans. We need to trust our friends more than people on TV who are paid to read a teleprompter. 

I hate how much the “divide and conquer” tactic truly has worked & it makes me so sad people can’t even see through it.

People can’t see how played they are :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Unity is the only answer. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Facebook, Twitter, Exhale or whatever can apply the "censorship" rules that they find appropriate to their brand and purpose, as any real life business, like a store or restaurant, will reserve the right to allow certain people in or not. It's up to the users to stay in or leave if they don't like it. 

Wrong. Social media have legal protections because they are considered platforms, much like telephone companies. If they censor, they are behaving as a publisher and must be liable for the content. They also are monopolies in many cases, and thus are the defacto "public square". If you are banned on social media, you are severely limited in your speech.

43 minutes ago, Korb said:

So you're prfinest 2.0.:roxxy:

Jesus. The fascist really has done so much damage. The brainwashing runs rampant.

Everyone is brainwashed, at least I have some self awareness. I don’t know the complete truth, but I know lies when I see them. I don’t want to just let democrats and republicans get away with this bull bc it makes my life easier temporarily.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, floopy22 said:

Wrong. Social media have legal protections because they are considered platforms, much like telephone companies. If they censor, they are behaving as a publisher and must be liable for the content. They also are monopolies in many cases, and thus are the defacto "public square". If you are banned on social media, you are severely limited in your speech.

You know...since we are getting technical, these platforms that profit from advertisers should be required to pay their content providers...I.E. Us lol

4 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

I hate how much the “divide and conquer” tactic truly has worked & it makes me so sad people can’t even see through it.

People can’t see how played they are :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Unity is the only answer. 

You’re right. That’s very mature of you I wish I could be more like you. I can’t help but feel so angry at people who are completely oblivious to the political theatre we are watching rn. People play right into the traps these powerful people are setting. I believe people will come together eventually, but it could possibly be too late to get our old lives back.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block