Facebook, Instagram AND Twitter ban Donald Trump

11 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Maduro? Venezuela where the Government is purely communist?

Perhaps he doesn't tweet day and night like Trump, or isn't inciting violence and domestic terrorism like Trump.

It's a tough decision. But, Twitter is a private company, it is not the government of a country silencing anyone. it is up to them to do what they want. The fact that these "technocrats" have so much power is perhaps the issue.

If you wan to bring Venezuela into it. Their government silence critical voices by throwing them into jail (e.g journalist Natera Febres). They penalise investigative journalism all the time. 

There is a big difference, between a government silencing it's people and journalists, and a private social media company banning someone for breaking the rules. 

Let's expect for social media companies to act the same with everyone with harmful behaviour.

No more deleting stuff, nor blocking accounts for hours. They should act the same in similar cases like:

• ISIS videos / support tweets
  • pedophiles
  • animal abusers
  • Other dictators tweeting harmful stuff. Maduro got several blocked tweets in the past but he never was threatened to lose his account. Same with Jair Bolsonaro's case after the videos he posted.

So, is it a legal decision? Yes, according to their own rules. Is it an arbitrary (and kind of dictatorial) decision. Yes. 

• Like 2

This is not an issue of freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence 

Perhaps, if Trump did not rally his followers to storm government buildings with the intention of harming senators on baseless claims that he lost the election because it was rigged, breaking the terms and conditions that you agree to follow when you sign up to said websites, then he would not be banned.

Trump, his party and his supporters have had no issues saying private companies should have the right to refuse service to anyone on their grounds, unless it involves them.

Trump is just angry that the same social media that he was able to abuse to get such a following has finally held him accountable.

This is an action that should have been taken years ago.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

Let's expect for social media companies to act the same with everyone with harmful behaviour.

No more deleting stuff, nor blocking accounts for hours. They should act the same in similar cases like:

• ISIS videos / support tweets
  • pedophiles
  • animal abusers
  • Other dictators tweeting inmoral stuff. Maduro got several blocked tweets in the past but he never was threatened to lose his account. Same with Jair Bolsonaro's case after the videos he posted.

So, is it a legal decision? Yes, according to their own rules. Is it an arbitrary (and kind of dictatorial) decision. Yes. 

You're barking up the wrong tree honey.

I'm not American. I don't support Trump. I personally don't use social media, except for Insta. I am not a legal expert, nor do I know the ins or outs of Social Media Laws and Regulations. 

I'd advise you to speak with someone who can tell you what accounts for Free Speech and what accounts for hate Speech. Obviously there is a difference. 

p.s Twitter is a private company. Here are their rules, for a nice read in bed tonight.

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Korb said:

They out themselves defending this garbage. Terrorist sympathizers. Let's call it what it is.

Imagine how quickly their tune would change if Trump was a brown/black man. Would we even be having these impassioned conversations about free speech? Give me a break! He would be branded a dangerous thug and there would be outrage if he WASN'T de-platformed!

So no, Karen, the president is not oppressed and neither are you because his twitter account is suspended :roxxy:

I live for your posts :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

• Love 1

Eh, as garbage as Trump is, I'm not the biggest fan of this decision. Maybe it was the right thing to do, but I think it sets too dangerous of a precedent. Perhaps it doesn't seem like that big of a deal now, but it could totally backfire in the future. It's just like people saying that they don't care about social media platforms and Google mining their data and logging every single move they make on the internet because they have nothing to hide. Doesn't sound that intimidating at first glace, but the implications are scary, IMO. Also, I don't care if they're private companies. If you have the power to control everything people read and see and literally shape public discourse to this large of an extent, I don't think you should also be able to silence and censor people. Furthermore, the only thing this achieves is further dividing the country. It's already bad as is, and this step does nothing but further that. Also, I love how Twitter is so quick to shill, but when it comes to all the ped0-/z00-/necr0philes on their platform... Dead silence...

• Like 4
1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Calling Christina Aguilera a whale warrants warning points, but celebrating concentration camps for people with opposing views is totally fine, right?! @Jordan Miller, I know you have your rights as the private owner of a social media platform, but you should probably remain objective. :explainlol_stare_spin:

You need to call those people with opposing views 'fat' for Jordan and his cronies to issue a warning. Otherwise, "We love logic!"

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Calling Christina Aguilera a whale warrants warning points, but celebrating concentration camps for people with opposing views is totally fine, right?! @Jordan Miller, I know you have your rights as the private owner of a social media platform, but you should probably remain objective. :explainlol_stare_spin:

So you're seriously sympathizing with White Supremacists, ****s, White Nationalists, Terrorists, and Murderders?  **** these people. They deserve the worst:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Turogue said:

Aww denial just like your cult leader who is finished at least as the POTUS, almost cute how you're trying to grasp for some straw.

Lol and your leader is a ped0 who’s son rap3d his underage niece and there’s literally pictures to prove it. The media is completely ignoring it bc YOURE in the cult. A cult that completely ignores reality and shoves identity politics down our throats to keep us divided.

Enjoy the koolaide, Tur-OGRE 👹 

• Like 1

Forget about Trump. People should really take these big tech companies seriously.

I can only imagine the outrage around here had Twitter decided that FreeBritney is just a conspiracy theory and it's against their policy therefore they're gonna censor the entire movement on their platform. How would you react about it then? 

I'm just saying that this is no joke. The founders of America didn't foresee this kind of situation which i how these big techs managed to get away with this. 

The POTUS is supposed to be the most powerful person in the world. But we just saw that's not the case and they're not even hiding it. 

Again, I'm just saying that today they're your friend but tomorrow they're coming against you. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

Lol and your leader is a ped0 who’s son rap3d his underage niece and there’s literally pictures to prove it. The media is completely ignoring it bc YOURE in the cult. A cult that completely ignores reality and shoves identity politics down our throats to keep us divided.

Enjoy the koolaide, Tur-OGRE 👹 

I'm not even American so Biden sure as hell isn't my leader 🤣🤣, many Republicans are also outraged over the terrorist filth at the Capitol so you guys are just a pathetic minority that is rightfully being shamed by the rest of the world.

But whatever lies help you sleep at night Kansas City Chiefs Kiss GIF by ****'S Sporting Goods

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, GMFlop said:

Forget about Trump. People should really take these big tech companies seriously.

I can only imagine the outrage around here had Twitter decided that FreeBritney is just a conspiracy theory and it's against their policy therefore they're gonna censor the entire movement on their platform. How would you react about it then? 

I'm just saying that this is no joke. The founders of America didn't foresee this kind of situation which i how these big techs managed to get away with this. 

The POTUS is supposed to be the most powerful person in the world. But we just saw that's not the case and they're not even hiding it. 

Again, I'm just saying that today they're your friend but tomorrow they're coming against you. 

Where was this concern when Trump, his team, the republicans etc. were manipulating algorithms that are in place on these same sites to push misinformation, or hiring analytical companies to bombard certain demographics with misinformation?

Sure, even two week, Trump vetoed a bill because it Trump didn't like the platforms could be held accountable for misinformation spread by users. 

Trump has had no issue with social media, nor did his base, until he was held accountable for breaking the terms and conditioned he agreed to follow when he signed up.

but even at that, lets simplify it; Twitter is the Bakery, Trump is the Gay Cake; Did the same republicans and supporters believe that private companies have the right to refuse business?

• Love 3
Just now, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

but even at that, lets simplify it; Twitter is the Bakery, Trump is the Gay Cake; Did the same republicans and supporters believe that private companies have the right to refuse business?

Hitting the nail on the head.

And by the way, there's a self-proclaimed "gay man" posting in this thread saying he "asked for too much" when he expected marriage equality for gays/lesbians. That's the level of foolishness we're dealing with here.:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block