Facebook, Instagram AND Twitter ban Donald Trump

1 minute ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

Yes, on lawyers, to undermine an election that CLEARY (to everyone but him) lost. By a "landslide", to use his words.

Clearly lost? Plenty of proof of foul play in this election including video proof. Not saying it’s impossible trump lost, but they won’t allow a fully transparent audit to take place bc they want trump gone THAT bad.

5 minutes ago, BabkaAutorka said:

You really think hate, fake news, people that want to take away your freedom, gore etc. should be allowed on social media because it's ''free speech'' and there's totally nothing wrong with that ''it hurts so many people it can takes so many lives but whatever, it's called freedom!!!!!!!!!''?! This is not what freedom is about. Can't believe you guys are that way wow 

Limits? Of course. Because my freedom ends where yours begins. But you cannot use your power to impose your ideas. Trump can't do it, and Mark can't do it.

He could delete some of his content, the harmful content but he shouldn't censor him to use his word.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Facebook is a third party site. 

So Mark Zuckerberg can do what he wants. it's his platform. 

His rules his way. 

If you hate it. Then why are you on the internet in the first place. 

He's protected by Congress to. 

Look at a certain section about technology platforms. he's protected and has legal rights to censor anyone he wants to. 

Wow, you really don't get it. Section 230 gives legal protection to internet platforms to not to be sued for content posted on the platforms. They are essentially comparable to a telephone service operator. For example, you cannot sue AT&T for what someone does using their service. But with these protections comes a responsibility to not censor.

Facebook censoring content because it's "offensive", "hateful" or "misinformation" is editorializing. They are then more akin to media, like newspapers or TV. The fact that these social media sites have near monopoly and have shut down competitor platforms makes it even more worrying.

One day, Facebook might decide that your speech is hateful. A good example is feminists who spoke up about womens rights being infringed upon by the trans movement (e.g. J.K. Rowling).

• Love 2
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

Exactly. We're living a very delicate and fragile moment in terms of free speech, censorship, dictatorship... We cannot tolerate power decide what's good, bad... It's not conspiracy theory. In the 'Cancel culture', it's so easy to spread manipulation in the mases. They cancel people who express opinions which does not follow the 'correct' message. So, that's not democracy and we cannot tolerate it. We should respect ourselves and we should respect our freedom. If we praise any kind of censhorship, we're going against us, against our own freedom. That's scary.

In democracy, we should know dialogue, different opinions and different sides. We cannot 'censor' other sides because we want to win. That's not the way, and nobody is able to use their power to censor nor decide the good/bad side to be part of.

It's part of education, and we should teach our kids and new genetations, to have their own opinions, ideology, moral, rights, values... we can't let them think it's all about politically correct. It's a really dangerous time, and we need to be aware of our rights and respect for our freedom. 

I see your points.

I am going to end my point with this.

Our civilization has never seen any type of platform like FB, Twitter, Instagram or basically the internet that allows people to share ideas or opinions in masses. So free speech on social media gets kind of murky and our democracy wasn’t built for it. 

Movements were already organized on these platforms and Mark + others did nothing to “censor” them then. Donald Trump saw these movements and catered to their voices. He rallied millions of Americans and riled them up like bees stuck in a hive. Now its too late because he’s let the bee’s out. 

Mark Zuckerberg let these people continue to carry on their agenda(s) and he’s just now deciding to ban them? I read zero accountability in his statement. All he has done now is fanned the fire that he allowed to spread so that his company could profit. 

Social media has been the catalyst to what we are witnessing. Trumpism isn’t going away and that’s scary. I definitely see Trump endorsing someone to run in 2024 and starting another party. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

So I’m not a Trump supporter but IDK how I feel about this. Its feels like social media is trying to censor a lot of people. 

On the other hand we need to address and kill hate speech. Maybe this is the way? My question is where are we going to draw the line on censorship? In some ways I have seen it displayed on here, but thats when a topic gets out of hand. 

There has to boundaries but I feel like if someone doesn’t align themselves with the majority then they are the minority and in return silenced. I’m afraid social media outlets are gaining too much control of free speech...

Twitter and Facebook are both companies; private entities. They have guidelines that need to be followed in order to avoid getting suspended or blocked. If you can't behave appropriately i.e not incite the overtaking of democracy, then banning your account is the least they can do. They are not free for all platforms. 

Freedom of Speech does not equal freedom from consequence. I say this a lot on here because it's true. 

• Love 1
Just now, jordeezy said:

Americans are getting gaslighted and lead into a communist conservatorship.  I'm not being ironic.  

This is a huge psyop. Honestly, it’s getting to the point where I don’t care anymore. I say let over half America sign up for their conservatorship, they honestly deserve it and it will make some of them actually happy I think

but can the cool kids go hang out in the basement or something, bc I’m not about being told what to do:schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
12 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

Clearly lost? Plenty of proof of foul play in this election including video proof. Not saying it’s impossible trump lost, but they won’t allow a fully transparent audit to take place bc they want trump gone THAT bad.

Can you provide the proof/video proof you speak of?

If you are referring to the State Fram Arena video, this has been debunked. Reading does wonders.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jan/04/donald-trump/trump-rehashes-debunked-claim-about-suitcases-ball/

• Love 1
Just now, PrettyGorl said:

This is a huge psyop. Honestly, it’s getting to the point where I don’t care anymore. I say let over half America sign up for their conservatorship, they honestly deserve it and it will make some of them actually happy I think

but can the cool kids go hang out in the basement or something, bc I’m not about being told what to do:schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

It's just amazing how so many people want division and it's so easy for them to ignore the struggle of people that they think have "opposite" views. Everyone in America, that is not in congress, is disenfranchised at this moment in time. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

Wow, you really don't get it. Section 230 gives legal protection to internet platforms to not to be sued for content posted on the platforms. They are essentially comparable to a telephone service operator. For example, you cannot sue AT&T for what someone does using their service. But with these protections comes a responsibility to not censor.

Facebook censoring content because it's "offensive", "hateful" or "misinformation" is editorializing. They are then more akin to media, like newspapers or TV. The fact that these social media sites have near monopoly and have shut down competitor platforms makes it even more worrying.

One day, Facebook might decide that your speech is hateful. A good example is feminists who spoke up about womens rights being infringed upon by the trans movement (e.g. J.K. Rowling).

They decided the free Britney stuff about Lou m Taylor was “hateful” and “fake news” :nopingout_meme:

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

That's the thing. In a democracy, the election process has to have the trust of the people. There cannot be doubt on who is the winner, or you have failed as a democratic society.

I am sure the majority of republicans and Trump-supporters would accept losing if the claims were at least properly investigated.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

Yeah... Some people look forward to a post-apocalyptic future of dystopian roboticism but I much prefer nature and freedom.  I like having a job even though I am lower-middle or upper-lower class.  I have worked hard for 17 years to have what I have right now. I feel blessed. People need to learn to be appreciative. The corruption on both sides of the American political system needs to be addressed and we are seeing the battle between the powers play out now. Right now the establishment has a common enemy and they have their target on full display.  But, why are they the target?  That's the question to ponder.  

1 hour ago, Mooncatcher said:

he is the future President of the US, girl, mark my words :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

it sounds like a joke but if you think different  scenarios in the future,there is the rare possibility that  the  mark zuckerberg/ big corporations could be the new government system.

24 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

Twitter and Facebook are both companies; private entities. They have guidelines that need to be followed in order to avoid getting suspended or blocked. If you can't behave appropriately i.e not incite the overtaking of democracy, then banning your account is the least they can do. They are not free for all platforms. 

Freedom of Speech does not equal freedom from consequence. I say this a lot on here because it's true. 

You are correct, but these social media outlets let him run his mouth and continue to get millions of americans riled up for 4+ years and now they wanna smack his hand n put him in time out?? Too late! :meryell_meryl_streep_meme_yell:

These social media outlets need to acknowledge that they helped create this monster. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

You are correct, but these social media outlets let him run his mouth and continue to get millions of americans riled up for 4+ years and now they wanna smack his hand n put him in time out?? Too late! :meryell_meryl_streep_meme_yell:

These social media outlets need to acknowledge that they helped create this monster. 

I agree. It's too little, too late!!!!!!

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block