Facebook, Instagram AND Twitter ban Donald Trump

• Leader

Update: Twitter suspended Trump as well.

ErP1JMAXEAUqJUJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Earlier:

This is unprecedented. Facebook and Instagram banned Donald Trump from using their platforms indefinitely.

The move comes after Twitter suspended his account temporarily because he violated their community guidelines for, you know, not putting an end to an attempted coup. 

They held off on doing this for SO long, and I know there will be major repercussions for this (it's a slippery slope), but good on them. 

Thoughts, Exhale? 

ErJAss7XUAYvGR1?format=jpg&name=large

Related:

trump-banned.jpg.a537f4eff2169e90f4b1b0f85ba9114d.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

So I’m not a Trump supporter but IDK how I feel about this. Its feels like social media is trying to censor a lot of people. 

On the other hand we need to address and kill hate speech. Maybe this is the way? My question is where are we going to draw the line on censorship? In some ways I have seen it displayed on here, but thats when a topic gets out of hand. 

There has to boundaries but I feel like if someone doesn’t align themselves with the majority then they are the minority and in return silenced. I’m afraid social media outlets are gaining too much control of free speech...

i'm scared by the Zuckerberg control over so many socials ( instagram,facebook and whatsapp) 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

i'm scared by the Zuckerberg control over so many socials ( instagram,facebook and whatsapp) 

Yeah...its nerve racking but I guess at the end of the day he gets away with it because they do have guidelines to adhere to and so does breatheheavy :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

People can still mobilize and speak out without social media though. Social media makes it easier to get your message out to a broad audience. I mean I come from generation AOL so i think these folks get where i’m coming from lol

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block