Adele receives backlash for Africa SNL skit

2 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

twitter is the toilet of the internet , these people need to find a job 

i probably said this earlier but twitter is riddled with so many falsely outraged and naive westerners who advocates for peace and equality only to satisfy their own feeling of moral superiority

twitter and sjw special snowflakes are so exhausing, i'm proudly proud to offend all of you

get a job get a life

i havent seen the skit btw and i dont really care lol

Bravo! Someone needs to say this among all the craziness 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
48 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Exhale's mostly white, muscular people will obviously go all 'what's wrong here', which is sad.

What upset you about the skit? Bare in mind a skit in and of itself is a joke. But still, I’d like to know? Should only black women be attracted to black men? I failed to see how they ‘fetishized’ anyone. Is it a fetish to be attracted to someone of a different race?

• Love 5
  • Like 2
55 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

What upset you about the skit? Bare in mind a skit in and of itself is a joke. But still, I’d like to know? Should only black women be attracted to black men? I failed to see how they ‘fetishized’ anyone. Is it a fetish to be attracted to someone of a different race?

They are fetishizing these black man, as if it's a thing to experience whilst on a trip to Africa. Feel the exoticness of this different race than the one is yours.  I am attracted to black men, but I wouldn't go all "I go to Africa to have that big black ****" as a celebrity (in any kind of play with words either) because of this kind of backlash. 

Anways, I don't find this funny, nor particularly offensive, but it's not my place to say it either. If African men don't mind, then who am I to tell anybody what to be offended by.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I said this before but WHEN SHE HAD HAIR IN KNOTS WAS FOR NOTTTINGHILL FESTIVAL WHERE EVERYONE CELEBRATES BLACK CULTURE IT IS NOT RACIST! Can you not MENTION a country without it being racist?

i thought the skit was to make fun of the white middle class women getting with African men for the first time when divorced - we laugh at them. It’s not agreeing with oppression of black women in Africa. It’s a stereotype Jesus lord. 

i personally didn’t get it but didn’t see what was offensive. Also black men are very loud and proud of their assets stereotyped on them so what is the issue 

• Love 5
Just now, kdub87 said:

There is nothing wrong mixing races, and I'm all against some black people groups saying they shouldn't be 'bleaching up', having kids / marrying people of lighter skin. I just think it's prejudicial to keep pushing some old stereotypes (the small ***** asian, the dumb blonde, the massive ***** black which only serve this purpose), you get it? Exactly like Brazilian women, for instance, don't like the fact that they are valued only by their ***** / breasts outside our country, when they can do so much more. It's about that. It's about stop objectifying specific races / ethnicity.

• Love 3

SNL is literally about “edgy” & “offensive” comedy. 

People just want to bask in their self righteousness. They want to feel like they are better than someone else, which points to one thing: INSECURITY. You don’t care about one-upping people on a morality scale if you’re confident within yourself and have true inner peace. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block