Adele receives backlash for Africa SNL skit

35 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

There is nothing wrong mixing races, and I'm all against some black people groups saying they shouldn't be 'bleaching up', having kids / marrying people of lighter skin. I just think it's prejudicial to keep pushing some old stereotypes (the small ***** asian, the dumb blonde, the massive ***** black which only serve this purpose), you get it? Exactly like Brazilian women, for instance, don't like the fact that they are valued only by their ***** / breasts outside our country, when they can do so much more. It's about that. It's about stop objectifying specific races / ethnicity.

I didn’t hear anyone mention the size of black men’s ****s in the skit?Β 

Β 

50 minutes ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

They are fetishizing these black man, as if it's a thing to experience whilst on a trip to Africa. Feel the exoticness of this different race than the one is yours.Β  I am attracted to black men, but I wouldn'tΒ go all "I go to Africa to have that big black ****" as a celebrity (in any kind of play with words either) because of this kind of backlash.Β 

Β 

Anways, I don't find this funny, nor particularly offensive, but it's not my placeΒ to say it either. If African men don't mind, then who am I to tell anybody what to be offended by.

...or they just like black guys? It would be ignorant to deny that black men typically embody many things that are conventionally attractive in western society. Β I wouldn’t say it’s fetishizing them to say you’re attracted to them. It’s just another way to be butthurt over something that is clearly intended to be funny, but humor is lost on the terminally offended these days. Imagine being offended over a skit that actually infers that people are attractive lol. PeopleΒ will find ANYTHING to flip and be offended by!

• Love 2
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

JESUS CHRIST, IM EFFING SICK OF THESE SENSITIVE SJWs!:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: WHY IS EVERYTHING THESE DAYSΒ TURNED INTO AΒ POLITICAL DISCUSSION OUT OF SUDDEN? :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:
YES, LET'S CANCEL EVERYONE, EFFINΒ TWITTER TVVATS!:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: LET ME TELL YOU THIS, JOBLESS FANNIES WITH LOTS OF SPARE TIME TO SPEND ON TWITTER, CANCEL CULTURE ISN'T A PERSONALITY TRAIT! :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

YOU CAN ADD YOUR OWN SPIN & THEORIES TO ALL KINDS OF STUFF! :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

LET'S FLIP THE COIN HERE: WHAT IF THIS SKIT IS A SOCIAL COMMENTARY ON WHITE SUPREMACY AND ACTUALLY MOCKS THESE KIND OF PEOPLE WHO TAKE SUCH TRIPS AND VIEW AFRICA ONLY AS SUCHΒ A DESTINATION?!:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: WHAT IF THE SKIT IS DEFENDINGΒ AFRICA AND NOT GOING AGAINST IT? :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:Β WHAT IF THE DIALOGUE MAKES FUN OF THE TYPE OF WOMEN WHO OBJECTIFY BLACK MEN IN SUCH A WAY? :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:WHAT IF THE SKIT IS ACTUALLY JUDGING THE WHITE WOMEN?! :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:OR WHAT IF IT'S JUST A HUMOROUSΒ SNL SKIT WITHOUT ANY POLITICAL/RACIAL CONNOTATIONS?!:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Everyone is quick to cancel anyone these days and I blame social media for that.:ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: Yes, it gives platform to people, but, on the other hand, everyone seems to believe that they're a celebrity and starts to develop all kinds of conspiracy theories with no substantial proof whatsoever.Β :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:Β  Everyone (on social media) is sooo sensitive nowadays and easily offended lmao.Β :jackk_alien:Β Those are the same people that claim they have depressionΒ when they're just feeling sad.:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Britney Spears **** You GIF - BritneySpears FuckYou ImOut - Discover &  Share GIFs

Oh my Witcher.... you snapped. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

Exhale's mostly white, muscular people will obviously go all 'what's wrong here', which is sad.

I am neither of those and I don't find anything wrong with this NOT BECAUSE it's Adele but because this is SNL. Have you never seen an episode of this show? Do you watch SNL expecting to see smart and "woke" skits? If your answer to that is Yes... then you'd do well to get more cable channels.Β :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Alexa said:

The internet is exhausting.

That's the word I would use too. It's like a contest to see who is "morally superior". It really is necessary to change certain things, but it's gotten to a point where people are being "cancelled" for things they did years ago, and not given an oportunity to change opinions and grow from past experiences.Β 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

but SNL is satire.

yes

and according to many comments on the Youtube video, it's not like SNL just came up out of nowhere with a topic for a skit that would offend the most people, but the whole older, white women vacationing with men from these destinations, is a reality, and not just in African countries, but in other places like Jamaica and Puerto Rico, etc,Β  so they're just making fun of a situation that already exists.

• Like 4

All I can say is if SNL is causing outrage, just wait until mad TV and in living color gets a reboot than white America will be shook, and I mean easily offended.

Β 

In living color poked fun at times what white people called music and the #1 hit sometimes labeling the #1 single by white Vanilla people who needs to have the ears cleaned.Β 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

surprisingly I'm able to watch them now in Mexico. Years ago they were blocked, then some of them started to get unblocked, except Britney's :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad: but ever since last year or so, even Britney's skits are available now :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

where are you from?

That's weird...
I'm fromΒ Argentina!

• Love 1
  • Content Curators

i was actually sleeping over my bestfriends house who happens to be african american

their whole family wanted to watch snl and we also joined while eating pizzaΒ 

the funny thing is they especially the parents laughed the most during this skitΒ :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

(also before anyone freaks out me and my bestfriend are doing online school and our familys basically never leave the house, i dont hangout with anyone else)Β Β 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block