Would You Guys Like It If B10 Was An Acoustic/Folk Album?

2 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Please reevaluate. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Britney releasing a dream-pop/alternative record and experimenting with other sounds. Besides her management, this is another reason why Britney has failed to evolve as an aging pop artist because avid pop stans like yourself don't like anything that's outside of your comfort zone or what is expected of the norm. Imagine if Britney's 'OD' album was never shelved and she was taken more serious as an artist with music that had actual introspect and meaning behind it. Again - just like her crap team, you guys just want the same *** and electro-pop songs that  have been over-exhausted at this point and showcase no artistic versatility or growth. Give me a break. byesmoke.gif 

But I never said she had to stick to dance pop/electro pop though. Pop can take on many sounds and I’d personally love to see Britney expand her horizons in the vast world of pop music. For a while, it seemed like she was (ITZ). I simply said that folk/acoustic wasn’t going to cut it for me. Also, you don’t know me at all. My musical tastes extend far outside pop music, although I feel like pop music is such a versatile area that you can take almost any sound and reengineer it for pop music. I’d love to see Britney grow and have songs about things other than smut, songs she could actually sing live within the pop genre and I’ve said that on here before. 
But thanks for showing me why I don’t engage with you, you come in here and start attacking based on your perception of what I said instead of trying to have a civil discussion. I didn’t realise not wanting a folk album from Britney Spears was such a f u cking offence :parisok:

• Love 2

I would love something sort of in between. Adult pop. Something that would allow Britney to ACTUALLY express herself, and to explore her experiences through music, in a way that would be healing and beneficial for HER. Maybe something along the lines of Melodrama
I just think she’s gonna need a new formula if she’s going to feel empowered and inspired. 
Maybe her Ray Of Light is still on the horizon. :mcry:

But as a few of you have already stated, 

FREEDOM FIRST. :lessons:

• Love 4

I would enjoy that but not for a new album after the longest non-new Music gap in her career. She would do so well making mature woman dance pop/disco/electro pop. Something more mature and elevated.
I almost can’t believe that it’s bet literally 4 years since Glory. Holy crap, she’s been outta the game for a long moment. 

• Love 2

Honestly? With "Glory", Britney proved she definitely has taste in music, and that she can do more than she's recognized for. To me, that's her "pop-folk" album, because there's a raw element to it, but with a Britney twist. There's no one more pop than Britney. Instead, Taylor, like with everything she does, she followed a textbook of what folklore music is or should be; she just triplicated the number of words per song.

So yeah, I'm down for whatever Britney wants to record for B10. Besides, I'm THIRSTY AF.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

But I never said she had to stick to dance pop/electro pop though. Pop can take on many sounds and I’d personally love to see Britney expand her horizons in the vast world of pop music. For a while, it seemed like she was (ITZ). I simply said that folk/acoustic wasn’t going to cut it for me. Also, you don’t know me at all. My musical tastes extend far outside pop music, although I feel like pop music is such a versatile area that you can take almost any sound and reengineer it for pop music. I’d love to see Britney grow and have songs about things other than smut, songs she could actually sing live within the pop genre and I’ve said that on here before. 
But thanks for showing me why I don’t engage with you, you come in here and start attacking based on your perception of what I said instead of trying to have a civil discussion. I didn’t realise not wanting a folk album from Britney Spears was such a f u cking offence :parisok:

Sweetie I wasn't offending you considering I have nothing against you and actually like you as a member. tina.gif

Pop is versatile, I agree. Pop can also draw from folk and acoustic sounds while still sounding very true to, in this case, Britney's style. The beauty behind a lot of Britney's classics is that when you strip them down to just a guitar or piano (acoustic/folk style), it still has the ability to lure you in. I mean, look at the myriad of all the BOMT, Oops, Lucky, Toxic, etc. piano and guitar covers that have become a trend within the indie music industry. 

Also, none of us are wanting Britney to go yeehaw but what the OP is saying is that it would be nice for her to go beyond 'just anything less than pop'. Many of us, if not many avid music stand, want to see an authentic, vulnerable and raw side to her that has essentially been shelved since the mid-2000s especially now that Britney is an aging pop artist.

I'm not saying this is true of you but in general, many Britney stans are either too stuck in the past and/or want her to re-create the magic of Toxic or Gimme More which would be great, but if she's not willing to give it her all, then she shouldn't even bother. We don't need another In The Zone or Blackout 2.0 and we definitely don't need her to go in the direction of artists like Kylie Minogue. It's been done and played out before. Sure, it'd be nice to have another classic pop banger, maybe a disco song with an 80s undertone a la Break My Heart but I'd rather see a more vulnerable side to her - and that's what acoustic/folk style is. 

I mean, what Taylor did with Folklore and what Lana did with NFR was nothing short of brilliant especially during a time when the industry is all about authenticity and less about 's.ex sells'. Even if she has it in her to release music similar to what we heard in glimpses of Let Go, Untitled Lullaby, Little Me, State of Grace, etc., that would be enough. :fakecry:

• Love 1

I want an album Dance, Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, Electropop, Max Martin, Danja, Bloodshy & Avant, The Neptunes, R. Kelly, RedZone, The Clutch, Junkie XL, Benny Blanco, Dr. Luke, Billboard, DJ Mustard, Jon Asher, Melanie Fontana, Finneas O Connell and new talents with experimental sounds as always. British Britney, **** Britney, Britney all... Featuring Madonna (Again), Billie Eilish, and Missy Elliott (Separately)

:lizzie:

JUST KIDDING! I would like any album, even if it was just ballads, She everything she does well. This would be great from start to finish by herself.

• Love 3

I think I'd rather have something that makes me want to dance and feel fierce :demi: 

2 hours ago, Alejandromc said:

Featuring Madonna (Again), Billie Eilish, and Missy Elliott (Separately)

I would love a collaboration with Missy Elliott, I like what's she doing and she said she would be up for this once. + her music videos have great visual and she dances too sometimes. 

• Love 2

I would LOVE for Britney's tenth album to have acoustic ballads, mid-tempo R&B tracks and some Hip-Hop songs that make you wanna get up and dance :duadance:

I wouldn't want another pure pop music album from Britney though. I wouldn't want Max Martin to produce on the album, I don't really like most of his work with Britney (With some exceptions)

I'd want Bloodshy & Avant back as producers, Danja back as a producer, MAYBE Junkie XL back as a producer, and The Neptunes back as producers on the album. 

All of these songs SHOULD be written in her range, there is no excuse for a Mezzo-Soprano to be imitating a Soprano's tone especially considering Britney can still hit Soprano notes using her head voice and falsetto, she's really lucky as all registers of her voice (vocal fry, chest voice, head voice and falsetto) sound extremely beautiful. And I would love for Britney to write some songs on it. The fake voice can retire :queenflopga:

The performances for the dance-heavy tracks should be pre-recorded or have a backing track with her singing live. Brian Friedman should be the choreographer, we all know Britney can still dance pretty good regardless of her knee injury if she really tries. The ballads should be sung live, Britney should get a vocal coach and work more with her voice, we all know she has huge potential. Also, this needs to be hyped up as A HUGE COMEBACK with loads of promo. Another iconic performance at the VMAs and other shows. At the American Music Awards, she should perform ballads and really show off her voice. 

However most importantly, I want her to go with HER creative vision for the songs. If she just wants to make an album full of ballads, I'd still buy it.

• Love 5
  • Like 1

I don't think pure "folk" is a good fit for B's voice - maybe something with some folk-infused type elements could work (if done right). Not all genres work with singers voices. Glory hands down was legit good - really sad it didn't get the credit it deserved. I personally would love to hear from her less songs about ***/guys and hear an album that is true to her genre, but with more introspective elements. I think she is a great songwriter so would be cool to have an album that was more of her story from her perspective.

my two cents 🤓

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Britney? Acoustic? Mmmm no. Not because I doubt she can do it or not but because she simply WILL NEVER MAKE IT ANY JUSTICE AT A 100% LIVE PERFORMANCE so we will end up having a left out era where she just release the album, continues doing Vegas shows and totally ignores the THE CURRENT material while she performs 20 year old songs as she did with BJ and Glory so no. :yeahsure:

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Britney? Acoustic? Mmmm no. Not because I doubt she can do it or not but because she simply WILL NEVER MAKE IT ANY JUSTICE AT A 100% LIVE PERFORMANCE so we will end up having a left out era where she just release the album, continues doing Vegas shows and totally ignores the THE CURRENT material while she performs 20 year old songs as she did with BJ and Glory so no. :yeahsure:

She could do it justice if she got a vocal coach to train her natural vocals. :enigma: But I’d be down for any type of music. 

• Love 6

I don't think folk would suit her voice. Yes, she's a southern girl, but I feels she's more 'soul' and 'rock' than 'folk'.  JT tried going the folk route and it was boring af.

I wouldn't mind if she tried a 'pop' folk style though like Nelly did on her iconic Folklore and Loose albums.  I still play these bops (P.S she always has such hot dudes in her vids... phew!!):

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Towelney said:

She could do it justice if she got a vocal coach to train her natural vocals. :enigma: But I’d be down for any type of music. 

It's not matter of singing capability, it's about willingness.

Britney is not the type of ambitious singers who want to impress or shock people, I kinda love that because, that makes her a humble woman, but she takes it to the extreme to be totally uninterested in her own career. She's not Bey or Madonna who are always looking for new ways to shock people. She just does the bare minimum.

Ofc, I would also be down for anything she releases, but if it was up to me, I rather have dynamic uptempo album because that´s her strenght as an artist/performer. She could make a themed/conceptual era while she sticks to her pop roots. ITZ for example, she went urban while remaining a popstar. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Maybe one song like that but Britney's singing style does not really fit with folk and she would need to use a new technique which I am fully confident that she could do.  I think "Just Like Me", "Don't Cry", "Now That I Found You", "Girl In The Mirror", "Someday" and "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know" are Britney's version of folk. 

THIS. Along with the other two songs someone has mentioned.

If Britney wants to make a Folklore album, she needs to put some instrumental and a little bit of upbeat magic sprinkle, cause otherwise it would be a boring lullabies.:dontlike:

Like how I accidently went asleep while listening the whole album of Taylor Swift - Folklore. :snapney: (pls swiftie don't sent me a death threat and that creepy *** satanic Taylor swift pic :embarrassney:)

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
Just now, Million Billion said:

It's not matter of singing capability, it's about willingness.

Britney is not the type of ambitious singers who want to impress or shock people, I kinda love that because, that makes her a humble woman, but she takes it to the extreme to be totally uninterested in her own career. She's not Bey or Madonna who are always looking for new ways to shock people. She just does the bare minimum.

Ofc, I would also be down for anything she releases, but if it was up to me, I rather have dynamic uptempo album because that´s her strenght as an artist/performer. She could make a themed/conceptual era while she sticks to her pop roots. ITZ for example, she went urban while remaining a popstar. 

She does the bare minimum :imacat:

blackout or songs on itz like TOMH or early mornin aren’t ambitious or “shock worthy”?!

lolll wha— 

shes not like kelly clarkson or anything lmfao 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1