Naya Rivera's body recovered from Lake Piru

I’ve had a pit in my stomach about this all week. Naya was always one of my all-time favorites on Glee. 😭 I’m so sad for her son having to go through this alone, at the age of 4, and can’t comprehend the irreparable damage this is going to do to him. I hope Ryan Dorsey steps in as the father and gives him the life and love this child deserves, and only speaks highly of Naya the older he becomes. ❤️

I had the opportunity to meet Heather Morris at a fundraising event she was a guest at last year that raised money in support of dance / the arts (you can see my pic with her here: https://ibb.co/0n0rGKD) Being the Gleek that I am, most of my questions for her obviously had to do with Glee. I didn’t understand why then, but her overall demeanor about Glee seemed very distant and removed (I’m sure like many others, her experience with Lea Michele was a reason for that), and I was surprised to find that she didn’t have the fondest of memories of the experience (she even said she couldn’t STAND her on-screen cat Lord Tubbington 🐱

The one positive she did have was her friendship with Naya. She spoke very highly of her and talked about how they both still talked everyday and even would have play dates together with their kids. I walked away from that interaction loving that all my Santana / Brittany fantasies were fulfilled and that they truly had a great friendship off the screen. And being such a huge fan of Naya, I loved getting to hear about what a great person she was through Heather, and about how much fun Heather had with Britney on the set for “Britney/Brittany.”

• Love 5
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, Codemysta90 said:

I’ve had a pit in my stomach about this all week. Naya was always one of my all-time favorites on Glee. 😭 I’m so sad for her son having to go through this alone, at the age of 4, and can’t comprehend the irreparable damage this is going to do to him. I hope Ryan Dorsey steps in as the father and gives him the life and love this child deserves, and only speaks highly of Naya the older he becomes. ❤️

I had the opportunity to meet Heather Morris at a fundraising event she was a guest at last year that raised money in support of dance / the arts (you can see my pic with her here: https://ibb.co/0n0rGKD) Being the Gleek that I am, most of my questions for her obviously had to do with Glee. I didn’t understand why then, but her overall demeanor about Glee seemed very distant and removed (I’m sure like many others, her experience with Lea Michele was a reason for that), and I was surprised to find that she didn’t have the fondest of memories of the experience (she even said she couldn’t STAND her on-screen cat Lord Tubbington 🐱

The one positive she did have was her friendship with Naya. She spoke very highly of her and talked about how they both still talked everyday and even would have play dates together with their kids. I walked away from that interaction loving that all my Santana / Brittany fantasies were fulfilled and that they truly had a great friendship off the screen. And being such a huge fan of Naya, I loved getting to hear about what a great person she was through Heather, and about how much fun Heather had with Britney on the set for “Britney/Brittany.”

I, too, have had a pit in my stomach all week.  She went missing on my birthday and I haven’t stopped thinking about it.  I’ve been trying to stay positive, optimistic in hopes that they would find her alive.  My heart breaks for her family and that beautiful, little boy of hers.

Reading your comment made me tear up just thinking about her on the show.  Plus, knowing that she and Heather Morris’ relationship was organic and real makes what we saw on Glee even better.

Naya was my favorite on Glee and was so extremely talented.  Her performances were some of the best, in my opinion, and I wish that we would’ve been able to see what else she had to offer.  

She was absolutely adorable as a child actor, grew into a beautiful and talented young woman, and was taken way too soon.  My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

Here’s just one of my favorite performances of hers during her time on Glee.  Rip, Naya.  😔♥️🙏🏼

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

I, too, have had a pit in my stomach all week.  She went missing on my birthday and I haven’t stopped thinking about it.  I’ve been trying to stay positive, optimistic in hopes that they would find her alive.  My heart breaks for her family and that beautiful, little boy of hers.

Reading your comment made me tear up just thinking about her on the show.  Plus, knowing that she and Heather Morris’ relationship was organic and real makes what we saw on Glee even better.

Naya was my favorite on Glee and was so extremely talented.  Her performances were some of the best, in my opinion, and I wish that we would’ve been able to see what else she had to offer.  

She was absolutely adorable as a child actor, grew into a beautiful and talented young woman, and was taken way too soon.  My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

Here’s just one of my favorite performances of hers during her time on Glee.  Rip, Naya.  😔♥️🙏🏼

I really wish we could have seen more from Naya too. Hearing her speak in interviews from post Glee, and in her “Sorry Not Sorry” memoir, you could tell she wasn’t always the most confident in her talent and what she had to offer (which is absurd) especially with the way Lea treated her and used the producers in the show against her. It’s really too bad. 

PS - Happy belated birthday! 🎂🎉  Hope you didn’t let all of this keep you from celebrating in quarantine. 😕

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block