Vote: Which pop star/artist was the most consistent this decade?

Which Pop Star/Artist was the most consistent in terms of quality this past decade?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Answer honesty: Which Pop Star/Artist was the most consistent in terms of quality/presentation/evolution this past decade?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2020 at 06:51 PM

Lana Del Rey easily. She put out 6 albums, plus an EP, and a short film and they were all QUALITY. They were also all uniquely her own style, yet each album had its own individual style instead of just being the same old rehashed style of one specific album. 

Most of the artists on this list have been inconsistent imo, or not even active for half of the decade.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

Britney Spears *****es!!! :drag:

We all love our Britney, but we’re talking about the same artist who released an album with someone else singing for her, released Pretty Girls and its music video, and released the Disney-sponsored Make Me video. Also, she basically hasn’t been active since 2016 besides SP and performing. :mcorangu:

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

Taylor Swift dominated tbh. Broke first week sales records twice, had multiple MVs break most views in 24 hours. Consistently released 3 or more singles with MVs. Even her flop era outsold all the new girls. I’m not even a fan, but there’s no denying how hard Taylor worked to deliver.

Her fans must be so happy with what they get. 
Britney and RiRi fans can’t relate. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Leader
3 hours ago, Urbanney said:

We all love our Britney, but we’re talking about the same artist who released an album with someone else singing for her, released Pretty Girls and its music video, and released the Disney-sponsored Make Me video. Also, she basically hasn’t been active since 2016 besides SP and performing. :mcorangu:

:cackling: 

It has to be between Taylor and Beyonce. I voted Taylor.

She has broken records, reclaimed her narrative, had a monumental comeback, released albums that constantly evolved and changed, from lyrics to genres, entered the political conversation, and won people back over.

Beyonce, even as someone who isnt a fan, regularly gives her fanbase and the GP what they want. I'm someone who thinks she can be overrated, but that's not to say she didnt regularly deliver bops.

Taylor, Riri or Lana

Taylor went from country and became the biggest pop star. Red: flawless, a perfect transition in her evolution

1989: a pop gem, Reputation: Gosh, the new bible of pop, her best album, the visuals, the sounds, the shades, the snakes ICONIC

Lover: not her best work but I consider it as a gift for the fans not the GP

As for Rihanna, she evolved a lot and went from one hit wonder to pop legend. This decade certified her status. But she hasn't release a lot of albums. Only 3 which is not a lot and only two are good. Anti is that *****. Loud is unforgettable and full of bops. 

Lana didn't have a big evolution unfortunately but even with no big success she is considered as an amazing artists. She is doing her thing amazingly and the rest she doesn't care. Ultraviolence, BTD and Paradise (LFL too) are masterpiece.

I voted for Taylor. 

while I’m more into Britney, Rihanna, and Gaga, Taylor just killed it every era. Remained consistent with getting big hits, sales, tours, music videos, winning awards, everything pretty much. It was definitely her decade. She had no flops. 

I think Rihanna deserves a lot of credit tho too, it was a big decade for her as well and all of her albums/eras did well too. She just started to slow down. Home girl needed a break, I mean she put out an album nearly every year (except 2008) for 8 years! Plus she’s been slaying in fashion and makeup. She became a mogul like jay z or diddy. 

obviously with Britney, there’s been some messiness. Gaga too, but they both definitely had some amazing moments this past decade. 

For me it was between Taylor, Bey, and Ari. I took out Taylor 1st though because Lover was a regression for her rather than an evolution. Bey and Ari though have consistently elevated themselves artistically with each era. But in the end I went with Beyoncé because her results were better and she had college classes being taught about her albums and she gave us Beychella.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Taylor Swift dominated tbh. Broke first week sales records twice, had multiple MVs break most views in 24 hours. Consistently released 3 or more singles with MVs. Even her flop era outsold all the new girls. I’m not even a fan, but there’s no denying how hard Taylor worked to deliver.

Her fans must be so happy with what they get. 
Britney and RiRi fans can’t relate. 

That last statement is EVERYTHING 😂👍🏼

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, glorytotheworld said:

In terms of quality/aesthetic performance/videos/lyrics evolution/etc...

beyonce.jpg.5707ac49b622c0c181b93bff07d7a8b7.jpg

For me it's not even a question... it's Taylor Swift. Let me first start by saying a lot of these women released phenomenal records with solid themes, aesthetics, etc. A lot of these women consistently sold out tours .... and regardless of fan squabbling on the internet, MOST OF THEM put out some genuine quality music. 

I still have to ultimately give Taylor the victory here. Taylor Swift managed to not just sell out tours, but sell out STADIUMS across the globe. She had all 4 records debut at #1, 3 of which broke records and sold over a million copies in their opening week. Nobody, other than Adele, has that kind of magnitude anymore. And to do that with half the world loving you while the other half HATES you based on internet fodder, and even more to do it with an album titled 'Reputation'... damn, it was just brilliant. 

While 'Lover' wasn't my favorite Taylor Swift record, it was still a great body of work. I'm excited to see how Taylor Swift evolves next. She's been the country darling, she's dominated the pop-star conversion... I'd love to see her really develop the alternative singer/songwriter phase. 

Lana Del Rey is a second for me. Lana's shtick if you will, has yet to change. She's put out 4 phenomenal records, the latest one having been her best, in my opinion. She's never wavered. She doesn't let other people control her career.... while she doesn't sell millions of records, or sell out the arenas, she connects with her fans on an intimate level. That's powerful. 

The most disappointing for me this decade? That's where this pole should really go.

• Love 1

Taylor swift. 

She really hasn't had a decline in popularity with the exception of her going political and coming out against conservative values which lost a huge portion of her fan base. But still Singles might flop. But her albums still go multi platinum. Plus she's a touring giant. 

Only Beyonce is the other act to match her. 

Lana is to artsy to be mainstream. Tove lo should be in the same way viewed as lana. But I guess everybody is uncomfortable with a girl who loves *****. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block