Which Britney album did not age well at all?

Which Britney album did not age well at all?  

503 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Super Mods

I love Britney but she does have some albums that have not aged well AT ALL in my opinion.

For me, I'd say:
Britney Jean.

Now normally I would say Femme Fatale but at least that album had bops that she actually SANG.

Britney Jean just has an awful reputation and is the most infamous album in her entire discography.

But yeah tell me which album of hers do you think aged the worst.

I'd love to hear your guys' opinion.

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 7
  • Like 1

Glory.

It's a grownup version of OIDIA and despite it coming 6 years ago it does not sound fresh with the exception of some songs. The production is just not good.

ITZ and Blackout sound very fresh due to their urban influences.

Also, this question circulates around the fact pop hasn't been in for a long time, so naturally most pop albums and songs will sound dated.

• Love 5
  • Content Curators

Her first two are classics and nostalgic for the right reasons so I wouldn’t go after them. FF is problematic with the whole dr puke situation, BJ will forever be a dumpster fire because there’s so much shadiness behind it and we know Britney didn’t record most of it and it has the worst song featuring his sister so it’s gotta be that one 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Albums that have aged well:

• In the Zone (could be released today and still sound innovative, fresh, and new)
  • Blackout (could be released today and still sound innovative, fresh, and new)
  • Glory (has a distinct 2015-2016 sound, but pop music hasn’t really evolved a whole lot since then, and it still sounds fresh and like it has aged well to me)
  • Circus (this album didn’t seem to follow any major pop music trends from the time that it was released, which helped it not age. Some of the songs are pretty experimental and unique, like Unusual You, Lace & Leather, and Mannequin)

Albums that sound dated:

• BOMT (both the bops and the ballads are very 90s sounding)
  • Oops (very early 2000s)
  • Britney (still very early 2000s except for a few songs like Slave and Boys which sound modern imo)
  • Femme Fatale (sooo obviously early 2010s dubstep overproduced EDM pop)
  • Britney Jean (sounded dated the day it was released. Pop music was already moving past the overproduced hyper aggressive EDM that was popular 1-2 years before)
  • Love 3
  • Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block