Which Britney album did not age well at all?

Which Britney album did not age well at all?  

503 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BJ for obvious reasons. Also imo as much as I like FF's singles, sometimes it's hard to listen to the whole album. It's such a product of its time - that is to say, a lot of the songs are generic dance-pop that doesn't really offer much creativity. I mean I can listen to Blackout on repeat because the songs are at least varied, but FF feels really bland and almost soulless by comparison.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Her first album. It sounded dated even when it came out. The sound was very mid-90s, rather than late 90s, or even better, early 00s. It's easy to hear when you compare the album version of (You Drive Me) Crazy and the Stop! Remix. It's probably the only album she made that instead of following the current trends or innovating, sounded dated upon release.

She wasn't the only one with an outdated album upon release. Christina's debut album was also pretty outdated. So much she had to re-record and replace What a Girl Wants when it was made a single, and completely revamped the original version of Come On Over (All I Want Is You).

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Style. said:

Femme Fatale. I’d say Britney Jean but Work B is flawless still this day when Femme Fatale aged terrible. The singles have no substance and were made for a quick run in the charts. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

FF is only her album which have 3 songs over 100m ..the album have over 500m plays on Spotify..not sure why FF didn’t she well 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Ryan Robles said:

I know y'all gonna burn me at the stake, but it has to be said. ITZ has not aged well at all. The urban fad comes and goes, and ITZ was too late to the party to capitalize on it, as shown by the GP reaction to the album and sale/streaming numbers.

I’m listening to ITZ lately liking songs I didn’t before… touch of my hand😂😅Britney singing songs about mb

• Like 1

Im surprised how low BOMT is in the poll. That album really is of its time and sounds very dated now. i think oops still sounds cool now but BOMT is really dated   

The thing is, i wanna say Glory as well but i dont know whether its because when it first came out i absolutely loved it and played it a lot in the first 6 months like almost everyday and i overplayed it. and because she hasnt released an album since she hasnt freshened up my tastebuds if that makes sense. Still think Glory is a great album though   

1 hour ago, Ryan Robles said:

I know y'all gonna burn me at the stake, but it has to be said. ITZ has not aged well at all. The urban fad comes and goes, and ITZ was too late to the party to capitalize on it, as shown by the GP reaction to the album and sale/streaming numbers.

:shocked_what_xfactor_britney_pink_surprised_wow:

OMG are you serious?? i think ITZ still sounds so fresh now than as it did in 2003. i was listening to ITZ yesterday and i still absolutely  love that  album . i think ITZ and Blackout are the albums that havent aged one bit!

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Everything but Blackout and ITZ which is why theyre so beloved, still played, still setting records, still talked about, and still highly respected as albums.

I will say that Oops may be very 2000s but in the best way possible along with Britney. But I genuinely love the Oops album and though it didnt age well, it MAKES me want to go back in time.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Britney4President said:

I’m listening to ITZ lately liking songs I didn’t before… touch of my hand😂😅Britney singing songs about mb

Same here. Not only Touch Of My Hand, but loads of other songs that I initially found extremely annoying such as Showdown, I Got That (Boom Boom), Early Morning... 

I found them the other day really inspired. :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block