Which Britney album did not age well at all?

Which Britney album did not age well at all?  

503 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2/27/2022 at 7:40 AM, MasterNaus said:

Her first album. It sounded dated even when it came out. The sound was very mid-90s, rather than late 90s, or even better, early 00s. It's easy to hear when you compare the album version of (You Drive Me) Crazy and the Stop! Remix. It's probably the only album she made that instead of following the current trends or innovating, sounded dated upon release.

She wasn't the only one with an outdated album upon release. Christina's debut album was also pretty outdated. So much she had to re-record and replace What a Girl Wants when it was made a single, and completely revamped the original version of Come On Over (All I Want Is You).

I won't hear anything against the album which has Love for all season and Sometimes the outrage 😒

Though Xtina's debut is much better than BOMT any day I don't find any of them dated they give you the nostalgia.

Listen to this which never made the BOMT album and Soda pop did 😵💫

I feel like some people are missing the point of the thread... :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare: From my understanding this isn't a thread of your favorite albums, so just because you like it, doesn't mean "it aged well" :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary: I adore Britney and all of HER albums (Exactly, Basic Jingles doesn't count) but lots of her albums sounds dated today and that's a fact! BOMT, OIDIA, Femme Fatale and most of the songs from the "Britney" album sounds dated as hell... Circus imo doesn't sound AS dated as the ones I mentioned, although is a soulless and rushed album, period. The ones that aged better are: ITZ, Blackout and probably Glory? But that's because it's the most recent one, yet I feel like it has its own "problems" production-wise :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed: I only have 1 wish and that is: I just hope with all my heart that when Britney starts working on something new (if she wants to) she won't chase that annoying 80's trend that's been around for way too long already which I'm sick and tired of it :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Like 1
Just now, Jaime Jean said:

That’s very mid-90s ballad duet I love this one, I love the early-mid 90s ballad sounds so much so BOMT is my 2nd favorite album of Britney’s...yes BOMT sounds dated but in such a good way...I think Christina’s debut album sounded more “new” but if you’re a Mariah fan you can easily tell the major influence Mariah had on Christina’s debut album. I love both their debut albums so much. Comparing them, BOMT is more dated that Christina’s debut. 

I usually don't compare mainly because it doesn't lead anywhere I enjoy both albums and bought both of them when they came out! Britney's debut keeps me in good company when I am driving including (walk on by + i'm so curious + heart) while Xtina one I listen to it while working on my home theatre. I personally have a lot of attachment towards both and both serve the purpose very well to me hence to me hardly things are dated as I am an avid music fan I mix up a lot of things. 

• Love 2

Well , It’ll be too harsh but I wouldn’t mind if we didn’t have the albums released after in the zone. They didn’t do anything. A couple of hits gone well at their eras and went away like a foam. Other than gimme more , I don’t see any epic or good albums fir my music taste. 

She needs to invent herself again. Maybe that’ll happen with another baby or a new place to live in another country. She needs to say goodbye to cship Britney, like she did to pop diva Britney in 2004.

On 2/27/2022 at 1:17 PM, Frankie8 said:

They all are dated. Most music will become dated as the sounds change every few years. Toxic held on the longest, since it is so different sounding, but to me that sounds dated. BO, which some call the Pop Bible, also is dated. A song can be dated, but still sound great years later. I like all her albums, but I voted all are dated.

Say dated one more time.:embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

• Haha 1

I think just BJ (except Work B***), FF on the other hand could return and get reppraisal if there was a TRUE early 2010s electropop resurgence, which is not gonna happen in many years. It's not fresh or even innovative because pop music sounded the same at the time and which is why feels dated, but it isn't horrible as some posts said, TTWE still bops.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block