When did you realize that something was wrong?

When it all went down... When I understood how bad her parents and then dad was, and everyone around her at the time and still. When it all went to court I was so afraid this would happen, that she would be stuck - and then it did - and continued year after year. I worry everyday and will continue until she's free. Sometimes I have tried to not think about it to much but it's impossible. 

• Like 1

I have no idea. Very interesting question, i would say it was around glory era, that i started realizing some wrong things about this and getting into the whole conservatorship stuff. Maybe when the whole "Britney on rehab against her will" situation happened.

But it is still intresting to me how i never noticed something wrong AT ALL before, besides her not having the custody of her kids. 

I just remember how i wanted Britney to comeback FIERCE like she used to and judging her FF performances, how selfish i was :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Like 2

Around Femme Fatale era. She became so different that I knew something was up but I also didn't understand the conservatorship. I'm ashamed to admit I did think it had to do with some mental issues/being done with the fame, but as time went by it became very clear it wasn't mental illness at all and something darker and sadder was going on.

• Like 5

The Femme Fatale documentary was extremely unsettling to watch. It’s like we were seeing the manifestation of the alarm bells she was ringing in FTR. It was super eery to see her go from “I’m sad, I never wanted to be like those prisoner people, everything is too in control” to “everything is great and fun and amazing and exciting” and her body language and tone conveying everything but. 

• Like 4

was sketched out starting from the how i met your mother appearance so quickly after the second 5150. then with for the record, it was clear that she was deeply unhappy. over the years, i just never understood why the conservatorship was in place and it seemed unethical but it was so shrouded in mystery and ambiguities. the free britney movement, despite some of the clout chasers and unhinged conspiracy theorists, has really been beneficial to finally exposing the grim reality of it all. 

• Like 6

When the conservatorship became permanent. I fell for the belief that her dad was helping her, protecting her from legal issues.

FF cemented how obvious she hated her situation. Every time it was reported Jamie was ready to  reduce or terminate the conservatorship and it NEVER happened. After Circus, X-Factor, 2015-2016. I’m so heartbroken for her. I thought they were helping her, but it’s clear he is gonna ride the conservatorship train all the way until the wheels fall off. 

• Like 2
  • Super Mods

Femme Fatale for sure. She was bloated, slow, and sad. I thought maybe she wasn't mentally well FOR REAL, but then, during the X Factor era, I 've realized she's actually held hostage for sure. That's when I started getting worried af. 

• Like 2

February 16, 2007. 

Weirdly it was a renaissance of interest for me, regarding Britney. I loved the album Britney but In The Zone did nothing for me, back then. But with her unconventional behavior I regained my fascination with her. During Circus she felt pretty normal but with Femme Fatale everything was wrong, and contrary to her 2007 charades there was no detectable life, identity, integrity, anything. Only a hollow, obvious depressed shell.

2007 made her human and relatable and that is way better than the past 13 years of being a literal ghost.

Britney Spears Look Back GIF - Britney Spears Look Back Sassy GIFs

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I wish I could say 2009, but truthfully I think I started to notice things were off in 2011 and was fully convinced she was held against her will around 2013. Looking back it’s so much more obvious than I remember, but with context and such, ya know? 

• Like 3

Stages doc showed me she deals with depression and Conservatorship implementation followed by the comeback seemed way too quick for me but I felt they were trying to get her back on a schedule to break her away from the users. THEN, when I saw the Circus Tour in Atlanta in 2009, I saw how terrified she looked on the overhead projecting camera and I knew it may not be the healthiest thing for her. What was the scariest tho is when they tried to make her boyfriend her conservator and I really made up my mind about the arrangement then.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

In 2013/14, whenever work b***h was released. I stopped listening to her after 2009, as I lost interest, and was never a huge fan of her music, but this song was a hit. I remember someone telling me all about her lack of rights, not having access to a phone etc and I didn't believe them so started looking into it.. What a black hole that turned out to be. 

• Like 1

Honestly when we saw the mannequin rehearsal and then the tour started, sounds weird but the lack of dancing was when it became apparent to me she had slowed down from her early days even during onyx but  the difference was way too severe especially after we saw her enjoy rehearsing with Andre during FTR

• Like 1

I have been a Britney fan all my life basically. I was 18 in 2007 and I honestly didn't think what she did back then was so bad ... Me and my friends were getting drunk, partying all the time and I always thought it's the paparazzi that are driving her insane. If you put yourself in her position.. she'd walk out of a store and there were people right in front of her face with the constant flashes and cameras in her face and the screaming... It was insane. And her losing custody did the rest .. So I didn't think she was crazy. 

When the cship started I got the feeling that maybe we just hadn't realised and maybe she did have mental issues that were severe. I mean it can happen that someone in their 20s gets sick. 

I respected that she needed her privacy and that nothing would be the way it was before. But then she continued to produce music, to go on tour.. and that confused the hell out of me. I thought what on earth is a mentally ill person doing working so much?? I thought it was wrong that she had to work but they had me convinced that she was crazy 

In 2019 I got a very bad feeling.. that's when I realized she's in danger. And she's not the one with the mental issues... It's her family.

I remember as a kid my mom told me this story about a couple, the guy wanted to convince the woman that she's crazy. Whenever she said turn the lights off, he said they're already off. The windows are already closed etc. She ended up believing she was crazy. I think that's what they did with Britney.. I'm glad she knows they're the insane ones!!

• Love 3
  • Like 1

The FF era I guess? I don't remember the exact moment, but I felt that Brit was just going through the motions and that her heart wasn't really 100% into it. I suppose you could say the same about the Circus era, but I think she tried really hard back then to seem in control, so maybe it wasn't as apparent at the time that there was something wrong.

• Like 1