When did you realize that something was wrong?

3 hours ago, tommy_boy said:

Ever since her early "comeback" interviews in 2008 (Not FTR) she seemed tense and she wasn't the same Brit we all knew, I remember saying "well, she had some time off camera she's gonna get used to it again". But it definitely got worse. :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

This. I've been a fan since 98. She never seemed quite the same since her "comeback". I went to the Circus tour and I was thrilled to have her back, but something was always "off" and I always thought it seemed rushed to come back full force so quickly, but I went with it. I was hoping she just needed some time and things would get better, but things never did, and they got worse. Its sad :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Depends on what we define as wrong. I could say that was when she begins to perform in a different way that we knew her, so 2009/2011. but I never was really sure of what was behind the scene -or what she was feeling. So I would say during FTR, when she says she is sad, that they don't listen to her, that there is no passion... That she feels like a prisoner who doesn't now when it's going to end.

But, I always wanted to hear her, as I never trust anything that was coming from media or interview (even though we were all conscious about what was going on). So I would say the hearing. 

I noticed a shift in Britney the performer as well as the person in Femme Fatale. I was only like 14 at the time so I didn’t put much thought into it to be fully honest. Same goes for X Factor

In 2013 I noticed how much more vibrant and happy she appeared. Her performances skills also got better since Femme Fatale. Not the same as 2001 but i was like “yeah, so what? She’s older now. She’s more mature.”

I started to read more into her story. When I got to the part with the conservatorship I was confused. So I went on one of those Wikipedia tangents where you start reading about one thing and end up on five different topics all unrelated. But it was weird. I didn’t *get* the conservatorship. I also thought it was so strange that something so major was never really addressed and was only briefly touched upon on her Wikipedia. 

to be fully honest, it sounded super illegal to me even then. But the way my 15/16 year old self understood it was *Britney* was the one doing illegal activities. Like she was exploiting the system. Before I’m dragged, that’s kind of the way the tabloids put it for years. They always stated Britney loved the situation because she had “everything done for her”. I was like, “can’t she just hire multiple assistants? I didn’t get the scope of HOW controlled her life was otherwise I would’ve been more suspicious of those around her. But it made me weary of everything. 

when I joined exhale around 2014 I was surprised to see more people weren’t discussing the situation. It was like a secret amongst fans. No one really wanted to talk about it because it was “her business”. I felt the same way, but in the sense if we did make too much noise she would get in trouble for exploiting the system. I didn’t realize her father and others were getting paid from the situation.

Then one night I went on Twitter and saw something about Britney’s conservatorship was trending. My stomach dropped. I was like “****. They found out something was off”. And then I listened to the voicemail. Yikes.

• Like 1

I honestly thought that she was under the cship voluntarily and had the option to get out of it whenever she wants. In 2011 I thought she wanted to work by making money while not putting in that much effort. I had not idea that she was being forced to work and that her money was being embezzled. When that voicemail leaked about her wanting to get out of the cship, I just thought that it was just fake. The moment everything clicked was when that lawyer's voicemail leaked.

• Love 1

When I saw Lynne in the audience in an interview, like early 2000s or even before that. I just had a strong feeling that she was very controlling, exploiting etc. Then in 2007-2008 I got upset with the bullying in the media and wondered why she as a star seemed so alone and exposed to the paparazzi, where was that loving “mom” of hers? When I learned she had a little sister who was being promoted for fame. Stage-mom/child star vibes just like with Nick Carter’s family. And then when I learned that she was put in a conservatorship. 

4 hours ago, TeaWaiter said:

First of all, I'VE NEVER BELIEVED that Britney was mentally sick, deep down inside I always knew that they made her that way, they drugged her, manipulated her, sat her up, threatened her, lied to her, paid the paparazzi to fellow her, sold story about her....

It all began during the ITZ, Britney had enough of everybody controlling her life so, she started to rebel and being more herself (She married Jason just to piss of her family and management team, She started going off the script and spilling the tea in interviews, she married Kevin even though no one liked him, she went against her team and label and recorded a whole album (Original Doll) and released the first single on the Radio 'Monalisa'   etc etc......) these signs got her team and family thinking about a way to stop her cause there are millions of $$ involved, they realised that Britney had finally opened her eyes and if things continued that way her team and family would be working the street corners for them pennies. So they had to what they had to do : Present Britney as a crazy lady to the whole world and discredit her  then take control of every aspect of her life.

This is my theory about Britney's whole situation,  and I'm kinda proud of myself for thinking that cause that's what really happened. her so called breakdown was a total SET UP

i didn't notice it at the time, but knowing everything that we know now - yes, i believe so too. it was evident that she had opened her eyes back then, she had had enough.

and yes, i think the whole breakdown was planned too and larry is more of an accomplice than we think.

which also makes me think sam L was definitely brought into her life for a purpose.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods

Definitely the Femme Fatale era for sure.

It was the first time she didnt seem excited and lively about her career.

(but then again, I never knew how she was before her breakdown cause

I was banned from listening to her)

Anyways

She just looked SO out of it and unlike herself.

She was never the same after this era album/career wise

heck even looks wise cause she got her bad and unnecessary plastic surgery

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

Europe tour...Voice mail. mood ring release. Make me original video leak. Swimming with the starts... I was like sure jan get that coins :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

yes! i remember this weird time... everyone was like... are you not going to address the elephant in the room... i guess they thought it'd go away

but by that time i was fully convinced something was off.

PoM in 2017 and PoM tour in 2018, sadly she reminded me of someone who suffers of PTSD (all the ticks and stressed out mannerisms). At that point, her career felt like a cash grab, their only focus was the dollar signs, they did lucrative deals after lucrative deals, their was no passion, no budget, her handlers main concern was "how can we get more money from her" and Britney looked like she didn't have any say at all. She was going through the motions 

I refused to attend PoM tour for these reasons.

• Like 1

I don't quite remember. Around 2011 I think. Around that time and onward I started to realize how weird it is that articles kept being released about how they were going to end it soon. I still remember me and the facebook group I was in, stalking the court website because word was, once the Lutfi court case was over and Britney and Jason got married, they would release Britney from the cship but it never happened. Even back then people were still on the fence, kept things vague and said stuff along the lines of "I'm grateful to Jamie but it needs to end" and even that was quite controversial. A lot of people just said there must be a reason. On top of that, we had people here claiming to be insiders saying stuff like it's all just a front and Brintey is basically free but they keep it up for legal reasons. People wanted to believe that I think. But yeah, around that time I noticed how weird things were because nothing added up. 

At the end of the circus tour.  It was heavily rumored and implied the c-ship would end.  And when she got engaged to Trawick and he was made a co-conservator I remember thinking, "No one is going to let her have her own life."

I didn't think when it was instituted that it was good... 

Men have been running crazy stupid around Hollywood for years without recourse like this.  There was so much ridiculous pressure on the Pop Culture women of the time... Looking back at it all is so so so disturbing.

This was never necessary.