When did you realize that something was wrong?

Quando hai iniziato a sospettare che ci fosse qualcosa di sbagliato nel modo in cui veniva trattata Britney?

Schermata-2020-07-16-alle-03-45-32.jpg

I began to see that something was wrong during the Femme Fatale Tour. Her eyes were talking, she absolutely didn't want to be there. Poor girl.....

Edited by BritneyItaly
  • Like 3

2011 was an odd era- she looked tired, sleepy, zooned out, didnt give a f about anything. She didnt look or sound herself

Like...maam dis ain it

and this was so bad it was memed to the pits of hell

2019 and cancellation of Domination- I thought they covered it up with ''daddys illness'' due to ****ty sales. I didnt even think about c-ship F***ery.

• Love 5
  • Like 4

For me it was the 2019 voice mail. I was kind of blind to all that was going on behind the scenes during FF, BJ and Glory. So when I heard that voice mail it opened my eyes, made me think that what happened to MJ (killed by those who claim to have your best interests at heart) could happen to her, and more importantly pissed me off to point where I vowed to shout #FreeBritney from the rooftops whenever I could. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

2011 was an odd era- she looked tired, sleepy, zooned out, didnt give a f about anything. She didnt look or sound herself

Like...maam dis ain it

and this was so bad it was memed to the pits of hell

2019 and cancellation of Domination- I thought they covered it up with ''daddys illness'' due to ****ty sales. I didnt even think about c-ship ****ery.

OMG, the Good Morning America era was way too iconic. :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

• Haha 2

So I actually became a stan with the "Make Me" single release. I saw a newer performance of hers and was shocked, because while I wasn't a fan back in the day, I knew how amazing of a performer she was. Then I went into full-on investigative mode to try and figure out what happened. I learned about her conservatorship, and I was already familiar with guardianship abuse. My Amazon Smile charity was (and still is) NASGA, so I was immediately suspicious. 

• Love 1

2011. I was literally only age 12-13 during this era, so I really didn’t have “the capacity” to really think about the full scope of things. I was just happy to see her and rooting for her success. But I did notice things were off.

I felt disappointed at times by her performances, appearances, and interviews. She seemed so different from just a couple years before in Britney: For the Record. It was very common on Exhale for people to talk about her being medicated, her being bloated, her looking different, being awkward, etc. It was a Britney we had never really seen before.

I think a lot of people just assumed it was a medical condition and the reason she was under the cship. I remember there being threads about cship hearings and fans theorizing Britney was sad it didn’t end in those hearings. I was in full denial that she was medicated, I thought some of the worst performances were good at the time, etc. because I was too young to understand. But I did see the difference. 

• Love 7

For The Record. Then the Circus Tour. In hindsight, the Circus tour isn’t so bad compared to what came after but at the time, she seemed way less passionate and the entire show was lipsynced and had no personal moments with the audience. It was when we first realized the old Britney was gone for good. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3

to me it was femme fatale - i felt something was weird, and it was the first time i learned about her being in a conservatorship.

i have been a stan for years but i didn't even know about the conservatorship until FF - probably because at the time i did not live in the US. so i didn't hear about there as much.

still, i didn't think the conservatorship was bad for her, i thought she was in it as a legal protection or something. i thought she was ok and cool with it... cause otherwise she'd say so, right? little did i know.

but from that time on is when i started to come up with my theories... but obviously the turning point for me was the paralegal's voicemail.

• Love 3

Really in 2009 just the very idea that this was happening to her was unreal, and nobody cared at all because public opinion of her was so bad, but then there was still hope it would end soon.

I knew she wasn't really into it during Circus and seemed sad.

Then FF, she seemed like a TOTALLY different person. She was barely even herself. There were rumors of a second breakdown that was covered up (now we know why).

So I knew things were going on behind the scenes since it started basically, but we just all had to sort of pretend it was because of some secret illness even though we had no information.

Then 2019 happened and they locked her away, and started posting on her Instagram pretending to be her, then making obvious responses to FANS, trying to trick them into silence... but it was like someone's grandma who never used the internet trying to fool a bunch of us, it was so obvious and was extremely alarming (like when Britney recorded a short 5-second video but the caption was so long and detailed and had NOTHING to do with her recording, and it was obvious Britney actually did not know what her own caption was). I actually remember feeling sick to my stomach when it was happening in 2019. Then, Britney's team started suing individual fans for speaking up. 2019 was when I knew something was horribly wrong

• Love 3

Femme Fatale era. I didn’t know what was going on but it was obvious she wasn’t happy. The fandom started talking about something weird happening in 2010 (like another breakdown or smth) after pictures of her crying surfaced, but we didn’t know why. now we know and it breaks my heart

• Love 3