Good news!!! #FreeBritney bill (SB-724) passed, makes it clear conservatees have the right to choose their own legal council

11 hours ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

This can be groundbreaking if passed into law quickly oh my goddddddd

since it got unanimous yeses it is somewhat expedited, I'm not sure how or why, but Lisa MacCarly said that because of that it doesn't have to be fought for or something like that, meaning its way more likely that it passes and it also goes into a special calendar that seems to be quicker. - what I'm saying is not verified but its something along the lines, ill investigate and circle back.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I hope Britney gets made aware of this. Although some people on Twitter have raised a good point - which is, corrupt judges will stay corrupt. And barely anything ever happens to them. Britney’s rights were violated already, it wouldn’t surprise me that even if Britney knew about this and tried to exercise that right,  she would get denied again. But, don’t let me put a black cloud over this. I’m really glad this was passed.

• Like 6
On 4/13/2021 at 2:58 PM, Britman512 said:

My fear is will anyone notify Britney she can dump Ingham when the law is passed 

I hope it will set his *** on fire and make him do something finally, otherwise we will make her know , because they're willing to do anything to keep milking her until her last breath , it's on us to help her , and those who fought until now have done great job , especially the people who made the documentary which really brought this issue to the public's eye .

• Love 1
20 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

you raise and incredible valid point except this is what was amended / added to the bill today:

(d) If a conservatee, proposed conservatee, or person alleged to lack legal capacity expresses any preference for a particular attorney to represent them, the court shall allow representation by the preferred attorney, even if the attorney is not on the court’s list of a court appointed attorneys.

(e) The role of legal counsel of a conservatee or proposed conservatee is that of a zealous advocate.

- meaning it doesn’t matter if she’s declared incapable, she can still hire her attorney of preference / fire them.

and also:

(c) The Judicial Council shall, on or before January 1, 2008, adopt a rule of court to implement this section.

- meaning is retroactive - Britney was placed in a conservatorship in Feb of 2008. now, it still has to become law, but it looks very promising as it passed with 100% of yes votes.

- additionally this was added too, as “rights” of a conservatee:

(1) A proceeding to establish or transfer a conservatorship or to appoint a proposed conservator.

(2) A proceeding to terminate the conservatorship.

(3) A proceeding to remove the conservator.

(4) A proceeding for a court order affecting the legal capacity of the conservatee.

(5) A proceeding to obtain an order authorizing removal of a temporary conservatee from the temporary conservatee’s place of residence.

Thank you sweetie, now it makes more sense. Hope things start to change as soon as possible. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1