Good news!!! #FreeBritney bill (SB-724) passed, makes it clear conservatees have the right to choose their own legal council

I guess some people forget that the thing here is not that if conservatees have the right to hire their attorneys by themselves or not. The thing is that Britney was declared MENTALLY UNCAPABLE to hire her own attorney, based on that infamous medical report Adam Streisand talked about. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

I assume this civil right was already a stablished in the law system.

I don´t really see how this actually changes, helps or makes Britney´s situation any better. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Dont hate me, after all that has happened I became very very skeptical. :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

you raise and incredible valid point except this is what was amended / added to the bill today:

(d) If a conservatee, proposed conservatee, or person alleged to lack legal capacity expresses any preference for a particular attorney to represent them, the court shall allow representation by the preferred attorney, even if the attorney is not on the court’s list of a court appointed attorneys.

(e) The role of legal counsel of a conservatee or proposed conservatee is that of a zealous advocate.

- meaning it doesn’t matter if she’s declared incapable, she can still hire her attorney of preference / fire them.

and also:

(c) The Judicial Council shall, on or before January 1, 2008, adopt a rule of court to implement this section.

- meaning is retroactive - Britney was placed in a conservatorship in Feb of 2008. now, it still has to become law, but it looks very promising as it passed with 100% of yes votes.

- additionally this was added too, as “rights” of a conservatee:

(1) A proceeding to establish or transfer a conservatorship or to appoint a proposed conservator.

(2) A proceeding to terminate the conservatorship.

(3) A proceeding to remove the conservator.

(4) A proceeding for a court order affecting the legal capacity of the conservatee.

(5) A proceeding to obtain an order authorizing removal of a temporary conservatee from the temporary conservatee’s place of residence.

this all looks/sounds good to me :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

Britney's impact!!

hopefully it doesn't take too long to make it through. things take forever here in California. but praying this one is a no -brainer for politicians across the board.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, femmepop said:

this all looks/sounds good to me :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

Britney's impact!!

hopefully it doesn't take too long to make it through. things take forever here in California. but praying this one is a no -brainer for politicians across the board.

If you are local you should check up with Lisa MacCarly either on IG or Twitter to see how you can support the motion as you are a constituent of the state.

• Love 3