Katy or Taylor?

Bigno

So, this is for fun, I am not even a big fan of either one, but after Katy's big moment at Inaguratuon day I was wondering (yes, I know Taylor has sold more records)who do you think is "bigger"? More famous? 

I like what Taylor did in the last two records and I have hated Kathy's last two. So, right now, I have enjoyed Taylor's evolution way more, but pre-Folklore, I found Taylor very boring and in general I thought Katy was, for a long time, more internationally popular and recognized. Plus, she has done the Superbowl and some major things. I mean, I don't know.  

Would you say they are equally famous?katy-taylor.jpg.2023dc7665e5a3c8ee42dd4f9280f437.jpg

• Love 2

I’ve learned to not hate or hold grudges on celebrities, because their personal selves and lives are far more complex from the charts and camera. And for that I forgave Taylor for shading Katy for years, and Katy for being a trainwreck since Witness era.

I’m a BIG fan of Katy (obviously) so I’ll definitely choose her, because her music really connects with me. I don't know if it just me but her ballads hit harder than any other pop artists.

Spoiler

No hate but pun: Taylor’s singing voice is so annoying, especially her pure pop records. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I feel like Taylor had more fans but Katy’s hits were far more global until 1989. 

Then when Shake It Off and Blank Space were released, that’s when she had the massive fan base plus the big hits!

Now all Katy has are big t**s.

Taylor def had big hits before 1989....

love story, you belong with me, mine, we are never ever getting back together, I knew you were trouble all were super popular and played everywhere  

• Love 1
  • Like 3
On 1/23/2021 at 7:30 PM, Stefani said:

Katy was bigger at her peak obviously. Taylor isn't that big outside of touring and album sales though; she needed to discount Willow to like 30 cents and release several remixes just to score a cheap number one on the singles chart. :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

What are you defining as Taylor's peak? I mean 1989 had number one singles, and became the awarded pop album ever. Reputation had over 1M sales,two number one singles, her biggest radio hit and the most successful female tour in history.

Folklore was met with unwavering critical acclaim,  being recognised as her most ambitious, and mature project to date and huge sales, and was followed up with an equally critically acclaimed sister album months later, both of which debuted at number one and had number one singles.

Like, if you wanna shade willow, go ahead but Katy hasnt been as successful as fans would make her out to be, and has been declining since 2014. Witness has met with ho-hum sales and reviews. In 2020, she released an album that recieved a full promo plan and releases 5 additional covers and still only sold a 20th of what taylor did, and had meh reviews.

I mean honestly, Katy has had one era that did incredible. Taylor has had a career.

• Love 2
  • Like 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block