Katy or Taylor?

Bigno

On 1/23/2021 at 8:02 AM, Bigno said:

So, this is for fun, I am not even a big fan of either one, but after Katy's big moment at Inaguratuon day I was wondering (yes, I know Taylor has sold more records)who do you think is "bigger"? More famous? 

I like what Taylor did in the last two records and I have hated Kathy's last two. So, right now, I have enjoyed Taylor's evolution way more, but pre-Folklore, I found Taylor very boring and in general I thought Katy was, for a long time, more internationally popular and recognized. Plus, she has done the Superbowl and some major things. I mean, I don't know.  

Would you say they are equally famous?katy-taylor.jpg.2023dc7665e5a3c8ee42dd4f9280f437.jpg

Ava Max :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Haha 2

I've never cared for any of Taylor's music besides one or two singles. Folklore is the only thing I've liked from her and even then, I don't like it that much. 

Katy had bop after bop from 2008-2017, but her personality during Witness, her music during Smile, and her campiness has turned me off a lot. 

So I think musically, I like Katy better (pre-Smile). As a person, I like Taylor more for seeming mature, standing up for feminism and other social issues. Also for staying so strong, standing up for herself, and still seeming like a good person when she gets thrown under the bus/taken advantage of (e.g. the whole Kanye situation + phone call).

• Like 1
On 1/30/2021 at 8:14 PM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

So you hate Taylor Swift and think she's a horrible person all because she makes songs that end in sadness a lot, or am I wrong? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

Where in the sentence that you quoted did I say that?

But since you bring Taylor up.

It's common knowledge that I hate her for being the fakest bytch in the industry.

She is a bully, yet somehow she always flips it to where she's the victim in everything.

I have absolutely no respect for her at all.

I'm miss the messages of being Stronger or a Fighter. I'm not and will never be supportive of that weak victim type of mentality.

1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I'll agree with you on this but I don't get the following sentence. Do you just not like when people are vulnerable or is it just taylor's music in specific?

I don't like when that's all someone's personality is.

Looking to always be the victim in life and never thinking that maybe it's one's own actions that keep putting them in that position. There's no accountability.

That's not specifically directed at Taylor, just people with that personality type in general. Which I will say she definitely plays into that demographic.

There's also a huge difference between being vulnerable and a pity party.

Everytime is a perfect example of vulnerability without having to be all poor me.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block