Katy or Taylor?

Bigno

I feel like both them of them just had their rabid fan bases, outside of that I don't feel like anyone actually takes them seriously.

They both owe all their biggest hits to Max Martin, but that can be said for a lot of artists. I just don't feel like either of them are really that special.

Out of their music I EASILY prefer Katy, Smile didn't deserve to flop based on Champagne Problems and Cry About It Later alone.

Taylor is like if Jamie Lynn became a successful musician for some reason.

I feel like Taylor being vindictive (over something so stupid) really played a big part in Katy's decline. Katy didn't deserve it for that particular situation, but I can't help but feel like it was karma for how she has spoken about Britney.

Either way they are both extremely fake.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 1/23/2021 at 7:39 AM, Style. said:

I think both are huge, but time proved us that Taylor is the artist while Katy is just a product. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Brilliant first comment. Lays out it plain and simple. Taylor creates her craft herself, she evolved with each project, and she focuses on every little detail from the marketing to the hidden messages in videos etc. Meanwhile, Katy has shown that without the help of Dr Luke or Max M, she cannot create a memorable work of art. She has a weird sense of humor and her gimmick feels tacky and embarassing.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Really neither but Katy. I don't like her personality and her music has been awful for years now but some of her older songs are great. And I like that she puts a lot into her performances and videos, they're often very interesting.

Taylor is so boring to me. She has no personality, her songs are for kids, she doesn't put on good performances, very average looks, no cool costumes or anything. The only thing she has going for her imo is that she tries with her videos, but I don't personally enjoy them. And she mostly just tries too hard.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I like both artists, but if I were to think who has a bigger global reach, then probably Katy Perry. When I ask my friends outside of North America, I don't think they have much interest for Taylor Swift. While I enjoy Taylor's journey, I feel Katy has more of a lasting impact... Don't get me wrong, Taylor Swift is successful, but it feels more, temporary. I could explain more if you're interested.

CooperativeGrippingBluegill-size_restricted.gif

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Obviously Katy :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: These days, of course Taylor is bigger but Katy in her TD and PRISM days was un-matched. 1989 aint have anything on TD how successful TD and PRISM were, because she was even a thread to Lady Gaga at the peak of Gaga's career :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: Katy might not have million first week sales like Taylor whom uses every promotion tactic she can lay her hands on to get such numbers but Katy has Firework, California Gurl, Teenage Dream, Roar and Dark Horse which are honestly bigger than Taylor as a whole :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: 

Also, PRISM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1989

8 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

the most successful female tour in history.

Who told you that? Another delusional taylor fanatic twitter account? Madonna remains with the most successful female tour in history with her sticky & sweet tour :clownery_makeup_meme:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

As European I will say Katy.

Katy was SO HUGE here since Hot’n’Cold till Chained to the Rhythm...

Taylor only  in mid 10’s got bigger attention (since I Knew You Were from Red and 1989 era), that gave her big explore here. Now she is not so big, I would say she is at the same level as Enrique Iglesias, I didn’t hear her latest Willow or Cardigan on radio here. She got her numbers by steams but she is not on radio or tv (at least in my country). 

Surprisingly here a lot of Kylie Minogue here - Magic and Real Groove got so good airplay, that I don’t know. Is someone on radio in love with her? But it couldn’t be on all local radio stations, could it be?

• Love 3
  • Like 1
On 1/23/2021 at 10:28 PM, princessmimi said:

Taylor obviously!

I mean she has ALOT of Grammys, 1# hits and albums that have sold over a million copies in the first week.

Plus shes alot more likable than Katy who makes fun of mental health and Britney constantly

Excuse me what?! MORE LIKABLE THAN KATY?! Taylor’s personality is her worst asset. She’s boring, selfish, full of herself. Katy is fun, annoying in a good way, she’s relatable.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 1/23/2021 at 2:30 PM, Stefani said:

Katy was bigger at her peak obviously. Taylor isn't that big outside of touring and album sales though; she needed to discount Willow to like 30 cents and release several remixes just to score a cheap number one on the singles chart. :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

Didn't Katy do the same? The "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)" remix with Missy was slashed to 69 cents to push it to number one, and she attempted the same with the "The One That Got Away" but failing to hit no. 1. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block