Katy or Taylor?

Bigno

31 minutes ago, Samer said:

Didn't Katy do the same? The "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)" remix with Missy was slashed to 69 cents to push it to number one, and she attempted the same with the "The One That Got Away" but failing to hit no. 1. 

Yea, from what I remember, Katy is my most recent memory of the person who first started discounting their singles for a quick number one. It’s what caused me to stop being a fan. I thought it was unfair since, IMO, those songs weren’t of the quality deserving number one singles or even top ten singles. Her first four singles that era, I would argue did deserve to be number one, but definitely not LFN. I also didn’t like she used Rebecca Black in her video since she was still benefiting greatly from Friday. Funny to think had streaming rules been in place back then, Friday would’ve been a number one hit. Probably for a long time 

• Like 2

Katy dissing Britney ruined her for me personally. And also her general decline; no more good music, overexposed as far as being on TV. I think when she cut her hair short and started being political she lost some of her reach. She was HUGE and fun for a while, remember her 3D concert being released as a film in theaters? those days are long over. 

I never thought I would say this, but Taylor. She has enough pop hits that I enjoy a lot of her music. Her Reputation Era music videos and concert were great. She has more of a future than Katy and is so nice to Britney. 

But would I toss both Taylor and Katy in a dumpster if I could get Britney back? Absolutely.

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
14 hours ago, Greg_del said:

Excuse me what?! MORE LIKABLE THAN KATY?! Taylor’s personality is her worst asset. She’s boring, selfish, full of herself. Katy is fun, annoying in a good way, she’s relatable.

Katy MAKES FUN OF people who struggle with mental health including the beloved Britney!

She also has been rude to her fans and plus there are ALOT of compilations of her being bichy!

Taylor has been really generous with her fans and even inviting them over to her house!

HOW is she selfish and full of herself if she does that??

• Love 3
  • Like 1

First, both.

Taylor has obviously been trending better than Katy. Taylor's trajectory is very impressive and her level of success is hard to beat. I admire her but cannot relate to her in the slightest and don't seek out her music.

Katy has confused me as of late. She had a hold on pop music and was shaping up into an international icon. Then fizzle. She can still see great success in the future but all of her last three albums were worse than its predecessor. Katy's massive hits were contained in a relatively short period/part of her discography.

These pop girlies need to learn to not become judge on these old and tired singing shows.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Samer said:

Didn't Katy do the same? The "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)" remix with Missy was slashed to 69 cents to push it to number one, and she attempted the same with the "The One That Got Away" but failing to hit no. 1. 

You're comparing Katy discounting LFN to 69 cents to Taylor discounting Willow to 39 cents after two previous discounts in the same week? And comparing one remix of LFN to the various alternate versions of Willow that Taylor rush released also in the same week, which included an instrumental version of the song and at least 3 "witch" remixes? :roxxy:

Like, I don't deny that Katy was the Queen of Discounts once upon a time, but comparing her tame stunts to Taylor's desperation is like comparing apples to oranges.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I'm gonna choose both, because I'm a rebel. :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

Both got some jams that I've replayed over and over at one point & both were HUGELY popular at one point, and still are in some people's eyes, but I was never ever really a fan of either. They've both had their problematic moments. I feel like they're both forever connected because they both DOMINATED pop music from the late 2000s until basically the late 2010s.

I will say, Taylor is more talented and more of an artist than Katy. At one point, all Katy was is simply a catchy song and nice cléavage... which, you could say that's been most of her career. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: You can't say the same about Taylor. Although, IMO that reputation era was the closest thing we've seen to her doing a séxy era.

But yeah, both are equal to me overall. Both were shoved in our faces for a long time.

• Like 1

So, I agree about many things. Taylor has definitely become interesting for me for her musical evolution. Katy has been stuck in some sort of weird "Avril Lavigne" syndrome of never moving away from the persona she first presented. She Def feels like a product that couldn't find her way. 

I also have to agree, outside of the US and specially in non- English speaking countries, Taylor is not that major. 

Anyways, I have read alll answers so far. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and memes!!

On 1/26/2021 at 6:08 PM, monkeystar88 said:

Taylor a lot of Katy's music is just garbage though I live for Double Rainbow. I tried to listen to Smile and couldn't get past the first two tracks. 

The album is a mess, but please give these two a shot.

I'd argue they're some of the strongest songs she's made in years.

They deserved to be top ten hits.

17 hours ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

Dramatic, spiteful, vengeful, hypocrite...

Throw in vindictive, selfish, pathological, immature, and narcissistic and you've summed Taylor up to a T.

Arguing about their personalities is like arguing if McDonald's or Burger King's fries are healthier for you...

Neither one of them are nice girls by any means.

At least Katy doesn't hide behind the "bullied" "victim" schtick/BS that Taylor NEVER let's go of (but why would she, she built a career off of it).

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

Throw in vindictive, selfish, pathological, immature, and narcissistic and you've summed Taylor up to a T.

Arguing about their personalities is like arguing if McDonald's or Burger King's fries are healthier for you...

Neither one of them are nice girls by any means.

At least Katy doesn't hide behind the "bullied" "victim" schtick/BS that Taylor NEVER let's go of (but why would she, she built a career off of it).

Aaaaaaaamen!!!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

The album is a mess, but please give these two a shot.

I'd argue they're some of the strongest songs she's made in years.

They deserved to be top ten hits.

I like Champagne Problems but not Cry About It Later(I think that's the track that made me stop listening to the album). She should really experiment, dramatize and address her downfall in her music that's what I thought this album was gonna be about like in alignment with the themes of Smile by Charlie Chaplin. Music with some weight on it.

5 hours ago, monkeystar88 said:

I like Champagne Problems but not Cry About It Later(I think that's the track that made me stop listening to the album). She should really experiment, dramatize and address her downfall in her music that's what I thought this album was gonna be about like in alignment with the themes of Smile by Charlie Chaplin. Music with some weight on it.

But I think that's the problem you're having, Katy has never been the wallow in pity kind of music.

Sure there are some exceptions like The One That Got Away and Ghost.

But even those had the underlying message of picking yourself up and moving on (well The One That Got Away's music video did).

A decline in music isn't really something you'd address in music anyway because it's not relatable.

I think that might be why she did songs like Cry About It Later and Not The End Of The World.

Even visually it's addressing how she can't move on from that Teenage Dream era within the fandom. So it's being addressed, but in a way where the music doesn't get locked into an unrelatable message.

I'm surprised that Cry About It Later was the one that turned you off, the production was immaculate.

19 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

But I think that's the problem you're having, Katy has never been the wallow in pity kind of music.

Sure there are some exceptions like The One That Got Away and Ghost.

But even those had the underlying message of picking yourself up and moving on (well The One That Got Away's music video did).

A decline in music isn't really something you'd address in music anyway because it's not relatable.

I think that might be why she did songs like Cry About It Later and Not The End Of The World.

Even visually it's addressing how she can't move on from that Teenage Dream era within the fandom. So it's being addressed, but in a way where the music doesn't get locked into an unrelatable message.

I'm surprised that Cry About It Later was the one that turned you off, the production was immaculate.

She wallows a lot in the manner how she chases charts and trends and when it doesn't work she claims the opposite. I think her best work is when she isn't worried about the public but that almost never happens now. I think she should make an indie record. She is HIGHLY unrelatable which is why she's failing to connect to the audience she once had as well as the general public. 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block