Why Does Demi Lovato Continue to Flop?

She gives me Christina Aguilera younger attitude vibes and also she is too dramatic. It seems like she doesn't know who to be musically. She is always here and where but there is no solid vision of her music. I liked her younger stuff like skyscraper. Maybe she should get back to that roots.

17 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Oh I can see how you made that inference, my bad. I was reading everyone’s comments at the same time. 

I meant in regards to people referring to her bad attitude here and why people may find that unlikeable. 

Didn't mean to come for you, however, the notion that her seemingly bad attitude and unlikability is caused by her mental illness is also a problematic statement. Having a mental illness doesn't automatically cause you to have a bad attitude. She has a severe mental disorder which, as I said, can be extremely debilitating so she should, in my opinion, get credit for being able to work in a stressful industry. Many people with bipolar disorder are unable to work at all so if we are to mention her mental disorder at all it should be to applaud that fact that she can work despite of her disorder. I shouldn't be used as a way to explain a seemingly bad attitude. 

On 1/4/2021 at 5:15 AM, CaulkDestroyer said:

What is it about Demi Lovato that she keeps flopping in the United States? She is vocally talented, she can act, she is pretty, and has been a role model...why has the public turned on her? Her last top 10 single was 2017's "Sorry Not Sorry". Since then she has worked with DJ Khaled, Christina Aguilera, Luis Fonsi, Clean Bandit, All Time Low, Sam Smith , JoJo and Marshmello; nothing chart high. You would think she could achieve a top 10 hit with some of the most popular collaborators and producers. What's the disconnect? Why isn't her talent shining through to the public for her music to sell?

Fotos de Demi lovato - Meu Pc Roda | Demi lovato body, Demi lovato  pictures, Demi lovato

Thoughts Exhale? 

Watch "Mindfulness With Demi Lovato" released two days ago to see her new hair style (BUT it's super boring).

demi-talk.jpg.31e8d593a02b20c5191ef98df030f5f5.jpg

She’s a great vocalist and I love her two last albums, but she has never been a best seller. Anyway, there are so many singers that are no front line stars and have a good fanbase and a lot of work.

6 hours ago, Manse said:

Didn't mean to come for you, however, the notion that her seemingly bad attitude and unlikability is caused by her mental illness is also a problematic statement. Having a mental illness doesn't automatically cause you to have a bad attitude. She has a severe mental disorder which, as I said, can be extremely debilitating so she should, in my opinion, get credit for being able to work in a stressful industry. Many people with bipolar disorder are unable to work at all so if we are to mention her mental disorder at all it should be to applaud that fact that she can work despite of her disorder. I shouldn't be used as a way to explain a seemingly bad attitude. 

Definitely, but the point was to bring to light that there may be external factors that may be contributing to her seemingly bad attitude when people here pin her here as a ... well ...

People have a tendency of making internal inferences about others based on things that are usually beyond their control. We all do it. It’s called the fundamental attribution error. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Definitely, but the point was to bring to light that there may be external factors that may be contributing to her seemingly bad attitude when people here pin her here as a ... well ...

People have a tendency of making internal inferences about others based on things that are usually beyond their control. We all do it. It’s called the fundamental attribution error. 

Thank you for clarifying. Sorry if I misinterpreted your point. I agree with you. 

• Like 1
On 1/3/2021 at 11:15 PM, CaulkDestroyer said:

What is it about Demi Lovato that she keeps flopping in the United States? She is vocally talented, she can act, she is pretty, and has been a role model...why has the public turned on her? Her last top 10 single was 2017's "Sorry Not Sorry". Since then she has worked with DJ Khaled, Christina Aguilera, Luis Fonsi, Clean Bandit, All Time Low, Sam Smith , JoJo and Marshmello; nothing chart high. You would think she could achieve a top 10 hit with some of the most popular collaborators and producers. What's the disconnect? Why isn't her talent shining through to the public for her music to sell?

Fotos de Demi lovato - Meu Pc Roda | Demi lovato body, Demi lovato  pictures, Demi lovato

Thoughts Exhale? 

Watch "Mindfulness With Demi Lovato" released two days ago to see her new hair style (BUT it's super boring).

She has no personality. Vocals gifted? Sure. But so are so many people that have auditiond/won AI and The Voice yet ended up nowhere. There no personality. No X factor. No originality.

and it’s ironic she was a judge on X factor. Lol

sometimes people just peak too fast when they are teenagers. That her case. 
she does have a sad struggle story, but that’s not gonna give her any fans. 

• Like 1
On 1/3/2021 at 11:15 PM, CaulkDestroyer said:

Thoughts Exhale? 

Could you please make a new thread changing the name to Xtincta? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Sorry, I couldn't resist :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

I’m pretty sure it’s because she’s just not like able. In the beginning, when she, Selena, and Miley came out... I had zero interest in her. She always seemed 3rd like a Jessica Simpson or Mandy Moore. Her music catalogue is spotty. SNS is probably her only very memorable song... and even then, it’s still not like a Baby One More Time, Genie in a Bottle, Umbrella, or Party in the USA. She’s never had a HUGE smash. Confident has really good singles and I thought that would be the able where I’d finally be really into her... but the rest of that album was just a bunch of filler. TMYLM was actually really good, but she kinda dropped the ball... were there any singles after the title track? Cause I don’t remember if there were. It seems like every other album she’s coming back from rehab and trying to push a sob story. She seems catty, and just rude. She’s attacked a lot of other pop stars, and the ones she’s defended or seems to be friendly with are the ones who seem catty and like they gave an attitude too. Like Xtina, Katy Perry and J.Lo. Also she has a good voice and could be a really good singer, but she seems to gave bad technique live. Some pop stars just don’t have longevity, and I think she’s one, the songs she put our last year, aside from I’m ready we’re terrible. 

When talking about her music, it seems to flop much of the time because she's always late with current trends. She's released stale content that seems to put her in regression, rather than propelling forward. Whereas, other artists just stick to mainstream releases whether they chart or not. I feel she's stuck in a place where everyone knows her existence but she fails to challenge herself musically and makes herself fall flat time after time. Her last album was great, yes, but was the same monotonous stuff over and over again. Mind you, she forces a lot of her voice out where it's no longer natural and makes every single track she releases a speck of dust because not only does it lack any new and quality sound, but it also lacks being relatable.

Jordan keeps promoting positivity on Exhale but some topics seem to be designed to attract criticism and flame wars. 

here I’ll take the bait, Demi has always been the least successful of the three new gen Disney pop princesses. Others being Miley and Selena Gomez. Kind Of like the Jessica Simpson of the trio if you will. only difference, Jessica was smart enough to recognise that she’s flopping and has moved on to pursue other opportunities  like being the face of Weight Watchers among other ventures.

on the other hand, Demi is persisting to remain relevant in Music by riding on any trend that’s hot like today’s Politics and 2019 MeToo movement and that just makes her look ingenuine and desperate af.

• Like 2

I think she's mean and obnoxious. I think a lot of what she's done has been staged. She reminds me of Christina Aguilera as where the over sing and diss other artists thinking they are the best and will have ever lasting success but we have seen how that went. She just screams attention seeking, desperate and fake. I guess though bottom line is she just doesn't produce good music consistently to carry her through the years successfully. I don't think we've seen the last of her though. 

• Love 1

Firstly, her music isn't anything spectacular, despite how vocally gifted she is. It is incredibly generic, but not in the sense that it can sell; most of the time, it feels dated upon release and has no shelve life. From a pop music fan perspective, her music is treated as it should be; a cute bop here and there, but nothing memorable enough to pull my attention away from other artists releasing.

Secondly, she takes herself too seriously for what she does. I do think this is why she doesnt grab the GP. They see her and think "shes a pop singer trying to make people believe she write her own music etc." and people kinda scoff it off.

Thirdly, she's not a particularly nice person, to fans and other celebrities, and can be incredibly hypocritical. I've seen her treat her fans abysmally online, I specially renember she had a whole incident where she was blocking fans on instagram for commenting. 

She claims to be against bullying because she understands struggles but time and time again, is proven to be a bully; time and time again with selena gomez, but also with Taylor swift. I mean come on, how do you defend her attacking and slandering Taylor Swift for giving Kesha, who was going through a huge traumatic legal struggle with an abuser, $250k to help her legal battles and not making a huge spectacle of it? Talk about entitled! She was all about body positivity and being okay with your body and not having to be a certain size or look a certain way that society tells you to look....until she looked that way, and this is before you start looking at the anti-vaxx stuff.

I'm being tough in my opinion of her but if this was Britney, or Taylor or Gaga, I couldnt watch it and still call myself a fan.

If I were her, I'd take Pink's approach to writing with Linda Perry; Linda very much just started playing music and let Pink just blurt out what she wanted and we got family portrait etc.

If she wants to evolve, allow yourself to be vulnerable. Mature your sound and be honest.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block