Why Does Demi Lovato Continue to Flop?

She flops because she’s a needlessly whiny, self-centered, drama Queen. 

Not only does she have an opinion about literally EVERYTHING and EVERYONE, but she feels some sort of compulsory need to constantly share those opinions. Frankly, it’s not exclusive to Demi.... ANY person like that is generally unlikeable 

Frankly, I’ve always loved Demi’s music and respected the hell out of her vocal ability, but these last few years of constant trips to rehab followed by “comeback” anthems, it’s enough already. I’d love to see her disappear from the industry for a few years, grow up, develop the solid relationships in her life that will bring her personal fulfillment, then come back strong as a better person. 

just my two unimportant cents 

• Like 1

Y’all, her personal struggles have gotten the best of her. And she’s been very open about it. Perhaps too much. Yes, she’s relapsed a lot. That’s the problem with addiction. You think you can beat it but the triggers are there forever. And Pop star world is very hard. The whole entertainment industry is unhealthy. Even the most unproblematic celebs can agree to that. 

Still, she was blessed with one of the strongest voices of her generation. I hope one day she can connect with her audience better. 

She obviously has a snarky attitude and is very shady. We all know how "outspoken" she is online. She's just annoying.

But for me, it's the music. I just can't really cling on to it because it feels very inauthentic coming from her. She's a karaoke singer to me. Her songs don't sound like they belong to her, with the exception of a few personal songs, like Skyscraper. 

I also find her vocals screechy and annoying most of the time.
She's the Christina of her generation, but nowhere near as talented ,as successful or as likeable. :roxxy:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I used to like her more than Miley and Selena when she started with her music and acting back in 2008. But after her second album she just started acting like she was better than all her peers when in reality she just became annoying. 

The las song I listened from her was cool for the summer 😂

I kinda repeat myself when questions like this one pop up because I truly belive this: even if you have a great voice, a great whatever, if you don't have a cohesive artistic vision, you can't really attract and build a fanbase.  Even people who are able to land high charting songs (not her case at all, but anyways), can be easily forgotten if they don't have more to offer. She is not only very unlike able, ignorant but she has no humbleness. She acts as an *** and she is stupid enough to think she rocks. Stupid people problems. 

Holy crap, Madonna would be shredded on social media if she outwardly showed her arrogant, diva, side back in the 80's and 90's. She's (Madonna) so lucky she didn't come out during the social media era.

The thing is, a lot of celebrities are arrogant. Just throwing it all out there! It's hard to be humble when you have millions of fans and millions of records sold. It's not an excuse, but it's an explanation.

The thing is, I guess Madonna at least hid it most of the time in the 80's and 90's, and she at least delivered the goods when it came to songs, albums, tours, and events, so I guess people forgave her diva-ness!

I think that with Demi, it's not just the diva attitude. She's inconsistent and really in your face, very shrill! I don't mind her, but I can see why some people find her annoying. I like her singles, and she has bops, I just wish her quality of her music was more consistent! :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

4 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

It's true, her non-bops are s h i t. 

I guess I'll blame it on her bipolar disorder. 

What do her mental disorder have to do with her inability to make bops? Having bipolar disorder is really disabling for many people who suffer from it. Don't joke about peoples mental illness. 

• Love 1

The amount of hate in this thread is just too much, even for exhale. All I could think about is how most of you would have 100% contributed to Britney's downfall in the years leading up to 2008, especially if social media was on the same level back then. People treated her like crap back then, which people today understand was unfair due to the mental health component to some of the issues. Apparently most of you missed the memo on how to be decent human beings to people who struggle with things a bit more than normal in this world. 

With that said, vocal ability has almost no correlation with commercial success in the music industry. There are LOADS of people in the idustry with killer voices that just can't seem to get the recognition they deserve, while others with less talent always seem to end up on top. 

Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Kesha, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry... Are all artists that have had trouble capturing the success they deserve in the last several years/decade. Including Gaga will probably get me in trouble but nothing since Artpop has had nearly the same widespread success in the same way as her earlier releases. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

positive and negative side are part of everything, every single day thousand people born on earth and in the same moment thousand of people die. THIS IS LIFE

Some people are good and same people are bad

If you don't want comments about your attitude go to a ******* therapist and stop to be an *******

i'm so so tired of this stupid politicaly correct 

EL8q.gif

Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block