What's your thoughts on the biopic 'Back to Black'?

I was lucky to go to the london premiere weeks ago and see the whole cast with a nice introduction from the director. I had completely different expectations. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it kind of dignified her public breakdown which was nice to see. But mostly, SHE WAS FANTASTIC IN THE ROLE. It really did feel like watching Amy in some scenes, terrific. Maybe not to be seen on a big screen, but I'd definitely rent it when it gets released on vod x

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The actress was great! Overall it was a good watch but sad to see how nobody was able to help her and she couldn't see that Blake was not good for her and they were both destructive for each other.. Yeah, I get she was young and in love but it was sad to see that with maybe more rehab and good psychological care she could have processed her issues..

Edited by Prince Ali
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Prince Ali said:

The actress was great! Overall it was a good watch but sad to see how nobody was able to help her and she couldn't see that Blake was not good for her and they were both destructive for each other.. Yeah, I get she was young and in love but it was sad to see that with maybe more rehab and good psychological care she could have processed her issues..

That’s right, with the right care plan and some proper time off that talented young woman would still be with us now. Instead she was always pushed into going back to work, which led her to cope with the booze. One thing the film misrepresented big time was he father. He’s come across as father of the year when it’s know he was responsible for his daughter’s deep depression. 

Edited by Crazy4BRITNEY3.2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block