Why Does Demi Lovato Continue to Flop?

What is it about Demi Lovato that she keeps flopping in the United States? She is vocally talented, she can act, she is pretty, and has been a role model...why has the public turned on her? Her last top 10 single was 2017's "Sorry Not Sorry". Since then she has worked with DJ Khaled, Christina Aguilera, Luis Fonsi, Clean Bandit, All Time Low, Sam Smith , JoJo and Marshmello; nothing chart high. You would think she could achieve a top 10 hit with some of the most popular collaborators and producers. What's the disconnect? Why isn't her talent shining through to the public for her music to sell?

Fotos de Demi lovato - Meu Pc Roda | Demi lovato body, Demi lovato  pictures, Demi lovato

Thoughts Exhale? 

Watch "Mindfulness With Demi Lovato" released two days ago to see her new hair style (BUT it's super boring).

demi-talk.jpg.31e8d593a02b20c5191ef98df030f5f5.jpg

23 minutes ago, Mariaahfan said:

She has a bad attitude; she’s been unlikeable  for awhile. She always gets involved with everyone’s business then backtracks with apologies. As for her music she’s like Leona Lewis, vocal gifted but gets material that the a and b artists reject

I love Leona Lewis, but what you said was true... 

Selena gomez supreme GIF on GIFER - by Kelelas

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Solo was a HUGE hit, it was one of the highest-selling singles of 2018 so the statement of her not having a hit post-"Sorry Not Sorry" somewhat falling on the false range :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao: But back to the topic, shes talented and stuff but her twitter account and Record Label's tragic promotion and single rollout is what cut her out from being a bigger star. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: Maybe If Sorry Not Sorry and Solo were released back-to-back and more hit-worthy singles after the release of her Youtube Originals Documentary which was massively successful, she could have been bigger :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Solo was a HUGE hit, it was one of the highest-selling singles of 2018 so the statement of her not having a hit post-"Sorry Not Sorry" somewhat falling on the false range :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao: But back to the topic, shes talented and stuff but her twitter account and Record Label's tragic promotion and single rollout is what cut her out from being a bigger star. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: Maybe If Sorry Not Sorry and Solo were released back-to-back and more hit-worthy singles after the release of her Youtube Originals Documentary which was massively successful, she could have been bigger :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

"Solo" didn't chart well in the U.S., which was made clear in my initial question, so not false. :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

• Haha 1

Maybe if she wasn't such a terrible person, she'd have better success. But she's genuinely an awful person with a terrible attitude and fortunately for everyone, the GP is aware she's annoying and awful, hence why she keeps flopping into oblivion. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Also, it's kind of a kii that any time she opens her giant mouth to say something stupid - as per usual - the GP is quick to drag her *** to hell and back. She literally stands no chance with the GP, as they're always targeting her. Let us not forget the way they scalped her when she inserted herself into the 21 Savage memes. They literally held nothing back, and I'm still lowkey laughing even though the jokes were wrong on every possible level :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

I will say that the only non-subpar album she's put out in the last decade was TMYLM because the Skyscraper album, the X-Factor one, and the "I wanna be a popstar!" one were all terrible with decent singles. So aside from being awful, her ability to make good music is hit and miss with mostly misses. A shame too because she has a great voice and does well when she has somewhat of a clear vision with what her albums should be. But seeing as she has no idea what she's doing and doesn't want to speak about her **** relapse for the 2387493248903th time, she's gonna probably flop into irrelevancy because let's face it: nobody wants I Love Me's :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, CaulkDestroyer said:

"Solo" didn't chart well in the U.S., which was made clear in my initial question, so not false. :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

The song regardless topped the charts in over 20 countries, had massive radio airplay and audience and was even the 17th highest-selling song of 2018 thus making it a huge hit like I said in my initial post :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao: But if you are only talking about her hits in the US, then yeah probably lol.

• Love 1
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

The song regardless topped the charts in over 20 countries, had massive radio airplay and audience and was even the 17th highest-selling song of 2018 thus making it a huge hit like I said in my initial post :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao: But if you are only talking about her hits in the US, then yeah probably lol.

Okay but this topic is pertaining to the country she is from, the United States. So cool, it did well in other countries, but again for the 3rd time, this is about her success in America. Black and white kiss music video GIF on GIFER - by Kemeena

• Like 1

give your heart a break is her best song. More songs like that, more original songs + don't over sing + stop trying too hard to be cool + stop following trends. The marketing needs major tweaking from her (team's) side. I mean this in the best way possible. She has an amazing voice and is very beautiful. 

Although, at this point, I don't know how she'll be big again. Maybe a serious acting role first?

Ps: No Promises with Cheat Codes is very catchy and good too despite it being unoriginal.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

IDK how to say this without sounding mean but nothing has changed since she started out. I mean she’s probably sober now :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Anyway, people are tired of her decade+ long pity party. She’s always the victim and never the problem. Her music is pretty generic  :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:  her voice is nice and she’s beautiful, but a nasty attitude can over shadow that.

@Blackout2006 As far as the song Solo being a hit...that was all Clean Bandit. Demi was a feature on their track. They have multiple WW hits, 3 #1’s in the UK and a string of top tens in the US. Not to mention they only have two albums. I guarantee if they had another vocalist on the song it would have done just as well - possibly better :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

@Blackout2006 As far as the song Solo being a hit...that was all Clean Bandit. Demi was a feature on their track. They have multiple WW hits, 3 #1’s in the UK and a string of top tens in the US. Not to mention they only have two albums. I guarantee if they had another vocalist on the song it would have done just as well - possibly better

Thats there also, u have a point :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block