Katy Perry gets backlash for supporting her family who voted for Trump

2 minutes ago, myonlywish said:

Katy Perry does not deserve the hate she received from her tweet. Different opinions aside, those people are still her family - why is she being dragged for creating peace? Is it because she's a woman? Probably...

tumblr_ne274x6HvM1st0dt8o5_250.gif

tumblr_ne274x6HvM1st0dt8o6_250.gif

She didn’t write anything that bad. But she still deserves all the hate she can get after constantly making fun of Britney’s mental health. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 1
Just now, SkyNet said:

Why she tweeted that? Obviously she'd get heated comments, everyone know it.

So, she did it to get attention once again? 

Need Want GIF

For someone that admitted mental health issues have bugging her for years now, I don't think so. That is the most generic excuse I could see to dismiss what actually the tweet was all about. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Albert Aspera said:

For someone that admitted mental health issues have bugging her for years now, I don't think so. That is the most generic excuse I could see to dismiss what actually the tweet was all about. 

I'm not against Katy, but she had to know about she'll get in response. She could had done it without telling the world about it. 

I don't disagree with the people criticising her. 

For the past four years, anyone critical of Trump was told to sit down and be quiet. Trump has attacked lgbtq rights, targeted womens rights and put a rap*** in the supreme court, stoked racial tensions and used police as his private militia, targeted immigrants as a scapegoat, undermined and created distrust in democracy, toyed with far right conspiracy, supported neo****s and brought out the worst in his most vile supporters, all while gas lighting all the above, and the working class. He marched the USA dangerously close to fascism and authoritarianism.

I'm sorry, it shouldnt be on the shoulders of those who had to deal with the effects of trump. It shouldnt be normalised. 

America needs to move on from Trump and be better; biden isnt going to be a revolution for the USA but he is exactly what is needed post trump.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, BabkaAutorka said:

Personally I don't want to have anything to do with people that support people like Trump... like being racist, ***ist, homophobic is ''an opinion'' that u can discuss about? Someone discusses about human's rights/freedom of other humans, that's sick, it should never be questioned. Sorry not sorry but I will never like people that have ''opinions'' like that. This should be illegal because hating other innocent people for things like that and wanting take away their rights and freedom is sick and Trump supporters are like that I guess. People like that are like monsters. I hate them, sorry. I don't understand Katy at this point but I respect her for not supporting Trump. 

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I don't disagree with the people criticising her. 

For the past four years, anyone critical of Trump was told to sit down and be quiet. Trump has attacked lgbtq rights, targeted womens rights and put a rap*** in the supreme court, stoked racial tensions and used police as his private militia, targeted immigrants as a scapegoat, undermined and created distrust in democracy, toyed with far right conspiracy, supported neo****s and brought out the worst in his most vile supporters, all while gas lighting all the above, and the working class. He marched the USA dangerously close to fascism and authoritarianism.

I'm sorry, it shouldnt be on the shoulders of those who had to deal with the effects of trump. It shouldnt be normalised. 

America needs to move on from Trump and be better; biden isnt going to be a revolution for the USA but he is exactly what is needed post trump.

Yet I guess for you and the rest of the people who voted for Biden that it's ok to tell black people if they think for themselves they "ain't black" (i.e. like slaves), pandering to every diverse community saying anything to get votes (i.e. telling Muslim's they should teach Islam in all schools even though they don't teach religion in school, playing Despacito to Latinos to show he 'supports' them, encouraging riots even though many of the businesses burnt down were from hard-working black business owners).  And I guess it's ok for Biden to give a Eulogy to a KKK recruiter as well. And I guess it's ok for him to publicly humiliate a well-respected black man Justice Clarence Thomas in front of the world by leaking fake documents to the media about ***ual misconduct with zero evidence of it's credibility, making him also have a televised hearing in a room full of white people and him even stating way back then that he targets a free-thinking black man.  Which he still does to this date. It's ok for him to back Obama on keeping children in cages at the border?  It's ok for him to physically grab and caress little girls and sniff women live on TV and say kids love the feeling of the hair on his legs?  It's ok for him to call gay people "security risks" and kicked out 14.5K people from the military with the Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy.  While Trump promoted the de-criminalization of LGBTQ+ to world leaders.

And I guess it's ok for Harris to block evidence of an innocent man on death row and laughed it off when they forced her to revoke that, arrest many people of color simply for smoking ********* even though she did too, sending many non-violent people of colour and lower class people to prison, and purposely extend their jail terms beyond their limits to use them as cheap labor? She implied it's ok to lie during debates and laughed it off. 

I guess that's ok to you as well.  But orange man bad.... smh.

I'm no Trumpet, but the fact that people turn a blind eye to this s*** and act like Biden/Harris are their saviors, yet they will do more harm than good with their policies.  Trump may be a horrible speaker, but he's done more for diverse communities than any recent president.

People need to learn to be more center and hold both sides accountable for their actions, especially for actions that go against the very things they promote in their campaigns. And people need to learn what a democracy is.  We don't live in a dictatorship, so to physically and verbally abuse or slander people for who they vote for is just flat out disgusting.  While it used to be for the extreme-left and extreme-right before, it's becoming a norm now and it needs to stop.

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, jennyj said:

Yet I guess for you and the rest of the people who voted for Biden that it's ok to tell black people if they think for themselves they "ain't black" (i.e. like slaves), pandering to every diverse community saying anything to get votes (i.e. telling Muslim's they should teach Islam in all schools even though they don't teach religion in school, playing Despacito to Latinos to show he 'supports' them, encouraging riots even though many of the businesses burnt down were from hard-working black business owners).  And I guess it's ok for Biden to give a Eulogy to a KKK recruiter as well. And I guess it's ok for him to publicly humiliate a well-respected black man Justice Clarence Thomas in front of the world by leaking fake documents to the media about ***ual misconduct with zero evidence of it's credibility, making him also have a televised hearing in a room full of white people and him even stating way back then that he targets a free-thinking black man.  Which he still does to this date. It's ok for him to back Obama on keeping children in cages at the border?  It's ok for him to physically grab and caress little girls and sniff women live on TV and say kids love the feeling of the hair on his legs?  It's ok for him to call gay people "security risks" and kicked out 14.5K people from the military with the Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy.  While Trump promoted the de-criminalization of LGBTQ+ to world leaders.

And I guess it's ok for Harris to block evidence of an innocent man on death row and laughed it off when they forced her to revoke that, arrest many people of color simply for smoking ********* even though she did too, sending many non-violent people of colour and lower class people to prison, and purposely extend their jail terms beyond their limits to use them as cheap labor? She implied it's ok to lie during debates and laughed it off. 

I guess that's ok to you as well.  But orange man bad.... smh.

I'm no Trumpet, but the fact that people turn a blind eye to this s*** and act like Biden/Harris are their saviors, yet they will do more harm than good with their policies.  Trump may be a horrible speaker, but he's done more for diverse communities than any recent president.

People need to learn to be more center and hold both sides accountable for their actions, especially for actions that go against the very things they promote in their campaigns. And people need to learn what a democracy is.  We don't live in a dictatorship, so to physically and verbally abuse or slander people for who they vote for is just flat out disgusting.  While it used to be for the extreme-left and extreme-right before, it's becoming a norm now and it needs to stop.

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Centrists have done nothing for society other than benefit from the hard work of other politicians.

• Like 1

You can't let politics get in the way of your family and relationships. Sometimes you have to accept that there are fundamental differences between you and those you love and keep it civil and cute,especailly when it concerns your own parents. 

These reactionary morons on twitter never cease to feed into the right wing narrative that liberals are intolerant of other's views.:tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, toysoldier88 said:

I don't see why she would call her parents because Trump lost... I mean i don't see It as this big trauma even if they supported him...are people so emotive over the president? It's still only 4 years until the next One, not the end of world..:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Exactly, and even if she wants to comfort her family (who are so devastated that this unfit man wasn't elected) I don't get why she has to post it on Twitter..... 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Not at that one white guy calling out Katy Perry on "white privilege," like gurl? You're whiter than a ghost, no white person in this world is in the position to call out someone on white privilege. Jesus this world became messed up, everyone is trying to convince people how good they are while in fact most of the people are literal garbage atm :orangu_orangutan_ape:

:ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: i thought he was Finneas or smt :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block