Miley Cyrus: the "Younger Now" era wasn't as dreamy as it appeared

this is a bad take for her. 

'Bangerz' was a joke of an album. While 'Wrecking Ball' is one of the best pop songs of the past decade, the rest of that album is a trash pile of cultural appropriation and incoherent self-abuse that Miley would later come to slam as well. 

If what she's saying is that she was never happy with Hemsworth, or that relationship, making her entire song-writing process for 'Younger Now' a joke to her, well fine. But IN MY OPINION, 'Younger Now' showed sooo much more artistic prowess than the 'Dead Petz' mess or the 'Bangerz' era that preceded it. She had a solid vibe going with 'Younger Now'. I'm sorry for her that it didn't take off on the charts.... but sometimes that's what ART is. 

I guess at the end of the day I feel bad for Miley Cyrus. She grew up in Britney's shadow, fronted by Disney, and her whole existence seems to be constantly trying to prove she's authentic. For me, 'Younger Now' was the album that finally accomplished that?

Also.... pretty sure we're gonna be hearing 3 years from now that these back and forth relationships and dabbling with ***** again are a mistake, and how she's now releasing a new acoustic album about recovery. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

"When I look at my career... there was really only a two-year or one-year period that doesn't really make sense. It has to do with that Younger Now, "Malibu" era. I think what happened with that, which does happen to a lot of people, and it's not to villainize  the partner, but you lose yourself in someone else some times."

Miley honey, just because you wouldn't make that music now, doesn't mean that's not how you were thinking and feeling at the time. 

Everyone inspires each other, especially when you're in a relationship and an artist. Just look at Britney's 'Britney' era, inspired by her womanhood and her relationship with Justin. In The Zone was all about being single, breaking up and being the most badass version of yourself. Blackout was a party album, designed to be listened to drunk or high let's be honest (I'm not mad at it :wigsnatched:)

Younger now was all about love, positivity and being in love along with the ups and downs of a relationship.

She should just admit that she takes inspiration from people and events happening around her and puts it into her art. Just like every artist does. It's a timestamp of who you have been

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I suppose it's because she's single now and her perspectives are different , it doesn't mean she hates that album, plus ..... If you love an album you shouldn't care if others like it or not , if you like it that's all that matters . If Britney dissed blackout now I'd be like : "that's a shame because it's your best work ". But I would still love the album because of how I FEEL and not others. Anyways hope y'all got the point . No need to be bummed out about it....  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

there are fans out there that truly love Younger Now. And now they're probably like :zoomzoom:

Me. I actually own that CD (with "Bangerz"), and I always loved it. THE LYRICS ARE PHENOMENAL. And they are all hers. And she IS that artist, because she is country and she can pull out mellow songs. She even recorded with her beloved Dolly Parton on that album, what's wrong with her... Maybe she just relates that work too intensely to Liam, and that must hurt now. BUT I remember watching a loooot of interviews of her during that era and she was so in touch with herself and the world around her, always so smart and positive and loving, I don't understand how she can blow all that phase out of the window... I mean, I don't think Katy would diss "Witness". It was necessary for her at that time in her career and personal life. It's like by dissing their art they are rejecting the very thing that inspired it, and that's what art is for, to express whatever is on an artist's mind and heart, so they are basically rejecting art. It's so stupid. Besides, once their records are out, they are no longer exclusively theirs, our opinions as fans also count, so her (AND ARIANA) should be more mindful about what they say about them out loud. Even Tina Turner has her own opinions about her work, but at least she was smarter with the words she chose to express herself.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I mean, in a sense is kinda "positive" that they may look back and feel like the current moment is always their best moment, because that means they're evolving, they're becoming better over time, however I do find it unnecessary to dish what you've done, because as you said, there are gonna be fans that love every single "era" of a given artist.

I don't even know what she's talking about because I don't follow her career :blol: but yeah, I think that's something we can apply in general to any artist. I think they could talk about it from a different approach, like just saying there are many different sides of themselves as artists, or that whatever thing she did for a specific album was just the product of their circumstances at the time, but they're now in a different place in their lives, thus their work is gonna be different as well.

The biggest problem with Miley is that she just needs to shut up sometimes. This is someone who is still figuring herself out trying on different hats and figuring out who she actually is. I could see that growing up in this industry would prolong that for some people and you see it all the time in other stars. I think it irks me more with her because she’s arrogant when she asserts herself. She’s not the most humble 

• Love 1

I was trying to watch her interview with Zack Sang the other day and I realized that Miley never got to be a kid so her 20's have kind been a grown teenager phase :gagasmile: She's humble and knows that her life isn't ordinary but she also didn't grow up in an ordinary environment. I mean Dolly Parton is her god mother for christ sake :makeitrain: Anyway, I feel that she's a go with the flow or where the wind takes me kind of gal but after reading this...I feel that she doesn't know what she wants. Why create music if you are going to trash it a few years later? Malibu is a beautiful song and she sings it so well live...like you can't tell me she didn't feel that song in her soul :gloriascary: All of this said, I'm going to avoid reading or listening to her interviews. They seem to contradict her as an artist and I think what she means to say when dissing her previous efforts is that she has grown from that moment and evolved :awks:

• Love 4

I agree with her to a certain extent, Younger Now was a weird move after Bangerz and Dead Petz, the album wasn't that good tbh but it did have some good songs (Malibu, title track, Inspired and Week Without You).. I don't get why she trashes her previous era whenever she starts a new one it's annoying

Say what you want about her statement, but she’s right. I personally would have said it more elegantly, but I’m not Miley. 
The problem with Younger Now is the timing because it just wasn’t a good era after the explosive Bangers. A lot of people lost interest when she changed her image to a country girl. She literally was the IT girl during Bangers and then she popped on stage looking like a Perdue chicken. :cackling:

I love Malibu and some songs from the Younger Now album, but it wasn’t the second coming of Jesus. Some of your comments tho.:cackling:

• Love 1

I always loved Miley and her music was so relatable to my life. I think her best album is Can’t Be Tamed and overall I loved that era. Midnight Sky is the best pop song released this year and I hope she will find her success because she’s talented, beautiful and has that something Selena and Demi lacks. ❤️
Also, she should stick more to a genre and a style of music because it’s her time to level up and become THE main pop girl! 

• Love 1

I hate when artists do this. I don't really care for Miley's discography, but still.

Anytime Ariana does this (which is a lot) I just wanna slap her across the face. The ***** comes for some of her best songs. (Why Try, Touch It, NASA) The nerve! It's actually made me dislike her a little tbh. Respect your fans btch!

A fan called her boring after she said Why Try was boring @3:50

Iconic.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block