Miley Cyrus: the "Younger Now" era wasn't as dreamy as it appeared

2 minutes ago, breathe_on_me_toxic said:

Born this way. : I am going to produce the best album of the century (lol what about the fame and the fame monster ep - they were produced in this century too). and basicly the whole joanne and a star is born concept dicredites the rest of her catalog

Okay but I don't see how that's her ****ting on her old music. She hasn't explicitly said 'oh I don't really think The Fame is what people wanted from me' or 'oh I don't really like The Fame that much anymore'. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Isla said:

Okay but I don't see how that's her ****ting on her old music. She hasn't explicitly said 'oh I don't really think The Fame is what people wanted from me' or 'oh I don't really like The Fame that much anymore'. 

i think somewhere there a quotes we it sounds like it. but to busy with other stuff to look for them. and i dont care that much about it haha

• Haha 1

I don't understand why artists are beginning to not appreciate their old work, it bothers me to a certain extent... There are still dedicated fans who really like their old work. It's one thing for an artist to not perform their older work, but to question them? There's no reason an artist would have to discredit their old material. Seems like young artists just want to state something, but I don't really know what that is... The old me is dead?

I really like "Younger Now," old Miley was coming back, and in my opinion, the album was more focused on the lyrical content. That era may not reflect who Cyrus is today, but it did show a side of her that she wanted to present.

• Love 1

I get what she’s saying, I don’t feel like she “trashed” that era. She’s just saying it doesn’t really fit with her other eras. She’s not saying it’s bad, but when you look at that era, following Can’t Be Tamed, Bangerz, and Dead Petz, were progressively wilder and more rauncy/over the top than the last. It does seem like maybe she felt pressure to take it back a notch. Maybe from Liam, her label/manager, or even the voice, from what I remember she was a judge on that show at the time. She didnt say she hated it or it was bad, just that it didn’t make sense. And it didn’t really seem like her “brand”/image at that point. Doesn’t mean she can’t have different styles/sides to her. But maybe Liam or someone else behind the scenes really pushed her to be more more “respectable” or conservative since she was a married woman at that point. Idk, that’s what I get from how she said it. I still love Malibu, Rainbowland, Younger Now, and several of the other songs from the album. 

the only thing I think is problematic about this is that you wonder what’s actually an authentic era for Miley since she kinda shaded Bangerz too and a lot of her other work/eras. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, fabricio83 said:

I absolutely HATE when artists shades their past works... I bet theres a TON of people who LOVE that album and this speech (probably) its a bummer for them.

I HAAAAAAATED when Britney said by the very end of "live in Miami" that she never really liked that song [Sometimes] anyway.

You dont say that! SOMETIMES is a CUUUUUUUTE POP BOP! The video... her look... the dance moves...
tumblr_or76l2cthC1swazh0o1_250.gif

She said it as a gag in her show that ONE time like 15 years ago and yall will not let it go:orangu:

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/20/2020 at 12:08 PM, Jordan Miller said:

miley-younger.jpg.a8c893d47dea8ef6a422b0332c545c82.jpg

So am I stupid or gullible for having believed in that Miley? To me that was real. Those lyrics get straight to my heart.
I understand what she means about being too focused on Liam rather than herself and her craft, and that not being healthy, but I don't think it's wise disguising yourself in an over the top public persona either. Her in "Malibu" seemed relaxed and fresh... How "lost" could she had been in such a moment??

Younger Now is still my fave Miley album. I get her comment. Songs like Miss You So Much, Week Without You, Bad Mood, Love Someone could all be about Liam but in a way that he did a little thing that bothered Miley and she wrote a song to let her feelings go. A relationship is not always happy. Taylor had some sad songs on Lover that showed some low moments in her relationship with Joe and that's what makes it more real for me.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block