Miley Cyrus: the "Younger Now" era wasn't as dreamy as it appeared

• Leader

Update: Ok, this makes a lot more sense now :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

Miley says the Younger Now era wasn't as dreamy as it appeared. She's obviously referring to her relationship with Liam. :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

EisyHfmXYAE5FEI?format=jpg&name=small

Earlier:

It's officially a new era when Miley Cyrus trashes her previous work! :cackling:

Miley tends to take a dig at her earlier stuff when promoting a new record. I can't explain why she does it, she just does. For instance, she says swinging on the a wrecking ball in the "Wrecking Ball" music video was one of the most embarrassing things she's ever done. 

When she came out with the Younger Now album, she ran with the idea that ~this was the real her.~

Miley's singing a different tune now that "Midnight Sky" is slaying. 

"When I look at my career... there was really only a two-year or one-year period that doesn't really make sense. It has to do with that Younger Now, "Malibu" era. I think what happened with that, which does happen to a lot of people, and it's not to villainize  the partner, but you lose yourself in someone else some times."

To be honest, I can see where she's coming from. She always seems more comfortable being raunchy and wild versus pulled back. I guess I'm just not a big fan of artists casting shade on their earlier works because there are fans out there that truly love Younger Now. And now they're probably like :zoomzoom:

Also, it's worth pointing out she was "over" Younger Now while "Malibu" was out. 

“I’m already working on the next [record]. I’m already two songs deep on the next one,” she said at the time. “I’m over this now. I want to figure out what I want to do next. Hopefully I can take some time — chill with the dogs, hand with the pigs a little bit more, take some time off. But just keep writing.”

Thoughts on Miley's new stance, Exhale? 

miley-younger.jpg.a8c893d47dea8ef6a422b0332c545c82.jpg

Related:

• Like 1

Malibu is one of best songs of hers to me, in addition, I would even say it's one of her best releases to date and yet she had to pull out her Arjana Grande card a diss her previous work. :chrissy: I mean what was the reason Miley? Anyway, let's be real here for a moment, she's rather single artist than album artist, therefore I do understand her shading the album. :mattafact: In addition, more things in her career do not make sense so :didilie: Moreover, I do not understand her illustrating former partners as evil beings (in certain way). Having felt unhappy in the relationships, she should have left immediately. Her saying she was lost in someone else's times is so :imok: If she does better alone, she should better stick with that. :lessons:
Can't way her shading Mother's Daughter and Midnight Sky within next few years. :tired:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Leader
36 minutes ago, hxpnxl said:

This girl... can she stop ruining the experience for her fans :overit: I deeply enjoy Malibu and Younger Now (more than her Bangerz era), now all I'm gonna think about is her trashing the era. Should I even bother stanning her disco era, 2 years laters she's gonna say "I was affected by how everyone was going disco in 2k20 and that's why i did it, it's not really me." 

:gloria:

Yea just continue stanning. Her opinion on the work doesn't gotta match yours :brityes: If you love the music then continue loving it! 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

This is a huge bummer because I think Younger Now was great? It was a departure from the craziness and she got to visit her country roots a little bit. Girl, you love all kinds of music and that’s not bad. Just because you like something else right now doesn’t mean your previous work is invalid. It’s a chapter of your life. We all have things we don’t like from our past but it made us who we are. Being able to own that and appreciate them for different reasons now is what makes someone mature :lessons:  Sorry mileyboo, guess you’re not mature enough to accept that :joanne: 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

It's officially a new Miley era when the pop star trashes her previous work! :cackling:

Miley tends to take a dig at her earlier stuff when promoting a new record. I can't explain why she does it, she just does. For instance, she says swinging on the a wrecking ball in the "Wrecking Ball" music video was one of the most embarrassing things she's ever done. 

When she came out with the Younger Now album, she ran with the idea that ~this was the real her.~

Miley's singing a different tune now that "Midnight Sky" is slaying. 

"When I look at my career... there was really only a two-year or one-year period that doesn't really make sense. It has to do with that Younger Now, "Malibu" era. I think what happened with that, which does happen to a lot of people, and it's not to villainize  the partner, but you lose yourself in someone else some times."

To be honest, I can see where she's coming from. She always seems more comfortable being raunchy and wild versus pulled back. I guess I'm just not a big fan of artists casting shade on their earlier works because there are fans out there that truly love Younger Now. And now they're probably like :zoomzoom:

Also, it's worth pointing out she was "over" Younger Now while "Malibu" was out. 

“I’m already working on the next [record]. I’m already two songs deep on the next one,” she said at the time. “I’m over this now. I want to figure out what I want to do next. Hopefully I can take some time — chill with the dogs, hand with the pigs a little bit more, take some time off. But just keep writing.”

Thoughts on Miley's new stance, Exhale? 

miley-younger.jpg.a8c893d47dea8ef6a422b0332c545c82.jpg

Related:

I think everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. She isn't shading her previous works, she evolved as a person and grew.. That's what people do, they create things based on the person they are at the time. She changed and has some reflections on it.

This is just like comparing to when Britney said she can't believe she danced with a snake, or did a bunch of crazy things. People grow..

This is just her growing in front of our eyes. Nothing shady about it really.. This is normal human behaviour.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Yea just continue stanning. Her opinion on the work doesn't gotta match yours :brityes: If you love the music then continue loving it! 

34 minutes ago, fabricio83 said:

I HAAAAAAATED when Britney said by the very end of "live in Miami" that she never really liked that song [Sometimes] anyway.

THIS. I feel kinda bummed enjoying Sometimes ever since just because of this. Yes my opinion don't have to match the artist's but still the idea of them hating their work that I very much enjoy is always somewhere there in my head. :tiffsniffle:

• Love 1

-When Cant be tamed: "I dont want to be related to Hanna Montana anymore"
-When Bangerz: "I was not happy me being the perfect POP star"
-When Younger Now: "I was too raunchy, im not smoking weed anymore nor being so ******" 
-Whatever era she is now: "Younger now makes no sense".

I love Miley, her personality is great but I think she is still lost in her artistic direction.  She just said in an interview she scrapped a whole album (album that BTW she showed to Dua Lipa) and recorded Midnight Sky and filmed the video like in 5 days :surprisedney:

I think Malibu and Inspired from YN are cute :surething:.

• Love 1
  • Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block