Mariah Carey's "The Rarities" compilation album has arrived, dahling

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. I can finally share my thoughts cause i've listened to the entire album (including Disc 2) three times already. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I have to say this is my favorite special album she's put out. More than the remix album, the holiday albums, and the MC30 EPs. I even enjoyed the second disc. It's sooo good. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

The only thing that I didn't like was the original Loverboy. This forum has seen me stan this song so hard and I honestly prepared myself for the slayage but upon hearing it for the first time, I was let down. The official version we got is a million times better and i'm glad she re-recorded the song instead of using the same vocals from the original and then replacing the 'Firecracker' sample with the 'Candy' sample. Cause this really ain't IT for me. 

I really hope this album does well because I can feel her love through this album. This is such great treat for us fans. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

#BuyTheRaritiesOniTunes

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Ok. I can finally share my thoughts cause i've listened to the entire album (including Disc 2) three times already. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I have to say this is my favorite special album she's put out. More than the remix album, the holiday albums, and the MC30 EPs. I even enjoyed the second disc. It's sooo good. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

The only thing that I didn't like was the original Loverboy. This forum has seen me stan this song so hard and I honestly prepared myself for the slayage but upon hearing it for the first time, I was let down. The official version we got is a million times better and i'm glad she re-recorded the song instead of using the same vocals from the original and then replacing the 'Firecracker' sample with the 'Candy' sample. Cause this really ain't IT for me. 

I really hope this album does well because I can feel her love through this album. This is such great treat for us fans. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

#BuyTheRaritiesOniTunes

Same thing happened to me with Loverboy. But recently I was walking near by a high school and suddenly the song came on... and now ISSA BOP. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

Maybe if you hear it in a specific situation, you may change your mind (no seas cortes). :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, aleomg said:

Same thing happened to me with Loverboy. But recently I was walking near by a high school and suddenly the song came on... and now ISSA BOP. 

Maybe if you hear it in a specific situation, you may change your mind (no seas cortes). 

I told myself i'll listen to the album in full the first time I play it. But after the first song, I couldn't anymore. I went straight to Loverboy and I was so disappointed. But I wanted to like it cause I appreciate the fact that she put it on the album despite all the hurt and pain that song gave her. I played it for an hour straight and I really couldn't get myself to like it. So I decided to play the album again in full and 3 full spins after, I finally accepted that I really don't like it. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I love Mariah to death but I’m not feeling most of the tracks honestly, I wish she had included Skydiving! Also instead of all the live performances I would’ve rather had all her b-sides/bonuses! 

Many fans wanted Runway, all the japan Bonus Tracks. They also said. If we got the original loverboy. Where is the original version of Where are you Christmas?

Also lambs agree with @Roxxy about the original loverboy. 

Many feel the sample overpowered the song and it sounds like a demo, not a complete song. Plus they say the Cameo version is far more ****** and aggressive in it's composition. They say jlo did her a favor as that version of I'm real did indeed flop, it would have happened with loverboy as well. As there's too much going on in the sample. It's a big noisy mess. 

The original Loverboy isn't anything special, so I'm sort of cackling over the fact that this song caused the big feud between Mariah and JLo. I dunno, it just doesn't seem worth the hype and it's hard to imagine that the original would've charted any better than the final released version. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

I personally think the original version of Loverboy is the superior one. The chorus was written for this sample, I feel like. :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh: The Cameo version gradually grew on me, whereas this one hit the right spot at first listen. :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill::truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill::truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

But I can see why most lambs disagree tbh :fran_frog_meme_green: If you're used and love the album version (which I don't love, I like it but it's definitely not my favourite :setfire_girl_meme_explosion_burning:), of course you'll disregard this one :fran_frog_meme_green: The "situation" created an unbelievable hype and this song ain't no Honey, let's face it so yeah :fran_frog_meme_green:On top of that, you can say Jenameless H03 did her a favor yada yada yada :fran_frog_meme_green:

I mean, at the end of the day, Mimi won big time, look at her now, a LEGEND but I'm positive the original version of Loverboy would have been a bigger hit :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

19 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Many fans wanted Runway, all the japan Bonus Tracks. They also said. If we got the original loverboy. Where is the original version of Where are you Christmas?

Also lambs agree with @Roxxy about the original loverboy. 

Many feel the sample overpowered the song and it sounds like a demo, not a complete song. Plus they say the Cameo version is far more ****** and aggressive in it's composition. They say jlo did her a favor as that version of I'm real did indeed flop, it would have happened with loverboy as well. As there's too much going on in the sample. It's a big noisy mess. 

I would’ve loved her version of Where Are You Christmas! I just think her actual rare tracks like Runway as you mentioned would’ve made way more sense than the live performances! I would’ve bought the whole album had she included them! I think it was also a mistake not including a Christmas leftover at all (hell I would’ve even loved that Xmas song she made up live) and no Skydiving which I know a lot of her fans including me really want! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block