Mariah Carey's "The Rarities" compilation album has arrived, dahling

On 10/2/2020 at 6:03 PM, Roxxy said:

I told myself i'll listen to the album in full the first time I play it. But after the first song, I couldn't anymore. I went straight to Loverboy and I was so disappointed. But I wanted to like it cause I appreciate the fact that she put it on the album despite all the hurt and pain that song gave her. I played it for an hour straight and I really couldn't get myself to like it. So I decided to play the album again in full and 3 full spins after, I finally accepted that I really don't like it. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

At least you gave it a try. Well, not one... a full hour nonstop. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Even though I did like Loverboy with the Firecracker sample, Loverboy 2.0 sounds more iconic and Teacherriah invented spelling: K-I-S-S-I-NG. :bang_gun_dance_boom_blue:

tenor.gif?itemid=11365944

• Love 3
On 10/2/2020 at 9:47 PM, Stefani said:

The original Loverboy isn't anything special, so I'm sort of cackling over the fact that this song caused the big feud between Mariah and JLo. I dunno, it just doesn't seem worth the hype and it's hard to imagine that the original would've charted any better than the final released version. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

Agreed. I just like how she sounds so much HAPPIER in the original (firecracker) one. And I think the song sounds better in this higher key vs the cameo one.

• Love 1

Ironically Some wal marts were selling the CD on the First, not the actual Street date. So that makes you think. A lot of stores once the shipment thought they could sell the physical album as it was deemed the official soundtrack to the meaning of Mariah Carey. She definitely lost a lot of strong sales due to this massive mistake. 

The numbers are heavily divided cos of the early selling them before Friday. 

Yes I admit I'm guilty of it. 

They even had a huge stock of A Holly Dolly Christmas before Friday. So there's also that. Nobody is following the rules. 

@Jordan Miller

I have been told by several retailer's this happens, but it's very illegal and can cause the labels to do massive law suits. 

If it says it's out Friday, legally we can't stock it til it's released. 

• Like 1

people not appreciating the original loverboy are lame af

THE CHANTING ON THE CHORUS LIKE ITS A GROUP OF CHEERLEADERS SCREAMING IS ICONIC AND ****S on the original and im sure mariah was pissed as **** they went with the sadder version, anyone who disagrees is wrong and thats that on that

58 minutes ago, Nando. said:

people not appreciating the original loverboy are lame af

THE CHANTING ON THE CHORUS LIKE ITS A GROUP OF CHEERLEADERS SCREAMING IS ICONIC AND ****S on the original and im sure mariah was pissed as **** they went with the sadder version, anyone who disagrees is wrong and thats that on that

It would have been huge especially with Janet Jackson all for you song. Helping establish cheerleader chant in pop music again. 

On 10/2/2020 at 6:32 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

Many fans wanted Runway, all the japan Bonus Tracks. They also said. If we got the original loverboy. Where is the original version of Where are you Christmas?

Also lambs agree with @Roxxy about the original loverboy. 

Many feel the sample overpowered the song and it sounds like a demo, not a complete song. Plus they say the Cameo version is far more ****** and aggressive in it's composition. They say jlo did her a favor as that version of I'm real did indeed flop, it would have happened with loverboy as well. As there's too much going on in the sample. It's a big noisy mess. 

Well it looks like she may release her version of WAYC after she answered a fan’s question about it 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block